[INACTIVE][SEC/ECON] iCoLand v2.46 - buy/protect land with iConomy [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Magik, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Offline

Magik

iCoLand v2.46
    Download/Source Links
    GitHub Source
    iColand v2.46 Jar
    older versions

Wiki Links
    Wiki Home
    Installation Instructions
    Commands
    Addons
    Permissions
    Changelog

Plugin Requirements
    • iCoLand v2.46 was tested against Craftbukkit build #740
    • iConomy 5.0
    • Permissions 2.7.2
    Intro
    So I wanted a plugin on my server that allows for self-service protection. But I didn't want to make these areas infinitely creatable, and I hate the idea of admins/mods having to zone out areas for people. So that's where the birth of this idea came from. This mod allows for self-service protection areas, and they are limited by the fact that they must "buy" these areas with iConomy currency. This will greatly reduce the amount of griefing issues I will have to deal with on my server as I will start telling people that this is the only valid form of protection and griefing is a fact of life that is unavoidable if you don't protect your land.

iCoLand allows you to buy/sell areas of land ( cuboids ) for self-service protection. You select areas of land using the "/icl select" tool, then you can buy the land with "/icl buy land". This makes the land protected so no others can place or destroy blocks in there. There will be addons you can buy that will add extra features to the land you've bought. Such as announcing the zone name when you enter or leave it, having a location heal a player over time, blocking people from entering the zone completely.

The basic premise of the plugin is that each block in the world is worth some default value (configurable). In the future, there will be the ability to make areas of land worth more. Probably a center point that is highest price modification, with a radius of effect that drops down to 0 at the edge of the circle. Addons also are a per-block pricing scheme.

Updates and more to come, keep posted.

Much thanks goes to Nijikokun for the great iConomy, as well as some helper functions I may have stole of his through HaloInverse's DynamicMarket plugin. Thanks to you too Halo! And thanks to TheYeti for maintaining Permissions until Bukkit solves that can of worms. As well as the Bukkti devs for making all of this possible. Also to TomyLobo for his OfflinePlayer class ( to access Permission nodes of offline players ).

2. Offline

sauevaem

Is it still working? And can I use it with WorldGuard? (as separated plugin for my second RPG world with cuboid cost)

3. I wonder if it is possible to restrict any of the Shop plugins to only be avaible in protected areas e.g: You can only build a market with shops only in a protected city, but not in the unprotected wildness. The problem is i want that it is possible to build normal buildings outside and inside restricted areas, only the shops schoudn't be allowed outside of a protected city. Is there a way to do that? Maybe with another cityplugin?

Thx Laxlux

4. Offline

beebsproduction

yes

yes

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  5. Offline

sillyrosster

How do my players pay for their taxes?

6. For some reason, the JAR file isn't creating the config folder after I restart my server.
    Only mod that I've come in contact with that wont create its config folder.

Any help?

7. Offline

NateBody

Although in the first post you mentioned you didnt like the idea of admins selecting areas for players to build in...I believe you should attempt implement this idea since i feel that i would only use this for myself and use towny for players to create their own towns...

8. Offline

Noffletoff

Hello, great plugin, it's very well done. I was excited when one of your latest builds said it would allow friendly mobs to be able to stay alive on the nospawn addon plots people have bought. I updated to the latest version of Icoland and I was saddened to find that my wolves would despawn upon entering our city we have built. I thought that maybe it was an issue with the config files or other files. So I backed up those files and deleted them, and reinstalled the latest with a fresh start. Everything was new, the properties showed that monsters would only despawn on the areas, but my wolves still despawn.

So I am at a loss, I'm not sure how to remedy this. My bukkit build is git-Bukkit-0.0.0-706-gf53e007-b740jnks (MC:1.5_02) if it helps. If you need any other information please tell me. Any help will be much appreciated.

9. Offline

Aeron

In the topic thread it says "iCoLand v2.40 was tested against Craftbukkit build #670 and #614", so you probably have a newer craftbukkit, than the mod can support, and I think that they changed the way it works after 670... something, so most of the 670, 677 mods don't work. Best is probably to wait until the author updates the mod and releases it for 740 build :). I have a Implementation-Version: git-Bukkit-0.0.0-686-g71ef92a-b714jnks, so that makes it 714? i belive, so I have a bit older build :)

10. Offline

casso

I have found with CB740 (granted, it's not meant to be compatible), iCoLand doesn't appear to be multi-world aware/compatible. When I walk to the same coordinates of a land i own, from another world, i still get the announcement. Can anyone confirm multi-world support when teamed with correct CB version?

11. Offline

Noffletoff

Thank you Aeron, I am still learning how most of this works, I get it now.

12. Offline

Hitman4Hire

This is what happens when I use blow something up with my lightning sword:
    Code:
    10:24:27 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_EXPLODE to iCoLand
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at me.slaps.iCoLand.iCoLandEntityListener.onEntityExplode(iCoLandEntityListener.java:82)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$47.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:492)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
        at net.minecraft.server.Explosion.a(Explosion.java:205)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.createExplosion(World.java:1276)
        at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.createExplosion(WorldServer.java:130)
        at zeus.ZeusPL.onPlayerInteract(ZeusPL.java:61)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:254)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:162)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:133)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:744)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet18ArmAnimation.a(SourceFile:35)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

-------
    Plugins:

ArrowWall
    Backpack
    BlastControl
    ChestLock
    ControllerBlock
    CookieMonster
    DisposalChest
    Elevators
    Essentials
    EssentialsSpawn
    FLTDetector
    HeroicDealth
    iColand    <------
    iConomy
    IOBookcase
    ItemDetector
    Lampstone
    LevelCraft
    LightingControl
    MincartManieCore
    MonsterTamer
    NoCivilSpawns
    NoDrop
    Permissions
    Pitfall
    PreciousStones
    Realshop
    SimpleAwaySleep
    Stargate
    TimeAnnounce
    WeatherSynce
    WorldEdit
    Zeus   <-------
    AppleTree
    I'm running on mac with bukkit 740.

13. Offline

Magik

plugin update
    ##2.44-2.39
    * added block level checking of explosions
    * added potential GroupManager issue fix
    * NoSpawn mob removal fix
    * multiworld fix

14. Offline

casso

You are a legend :)

15. Offline

CHIKINS!!!

Can you make it to where Admins can change the price of the lots?

Taverne likes this.
  16. Same error with the newest Version of Craftbukkit (740) and iCoLand 2.44

This is really helpfull -.-" - not. we are using mysql because of better performance so pls more install instruction or mysql support ;)

17. Offline

Magik

I've been testing MySQL and H2 seems to have FAR better performance... and DB performance is very necessary with this plugin - it uses the DB as a zone finder, so multiple queries a second ( think like 5-10 queries/second ) against the DB must be able to happen quickly. Running benchmarks on my own computer so far - Q6600 Quad core, 8 GB RAM - running WAMP's mysql server + craftbukkit #740 running in debug mode in eclipse + minecraft client - using a temporary MySQL driver I've written for my plugin what I've seen is MySQL queries take ~ 5-6 ms, and H2 DB queries take ~0-1 ms.

So so far I've noticed MySQL actually seems slower ( I've tried using InnoDB as well... ). I am testing some internal caching I can add that should alleviate DB hits on both DBs. I also should probably test some other query structures to see which can get me the fastest results.... but all in all H2 seems to rocket in this aspect...

And I can put up a link to H2 if you like. There is actually a web-browser "console" you can run from the H2 jar itself - it's very similar to phpmyadmin for mysql:
    Code:
    java -cp h2.jar org.h2.tools.Console

should run the console app, then just connect to http://localhost:8082
    hrm... yeah exportDB/importDB is messed up, I'll have to fix/address that

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/com/h2database/h2/1.3.154/h2-1.3.154.jar
    http://hsql.sourceforge.net/m2-repo/com/h2database/h2/1.3.154/h2-1.3.154.jar
    2 links to the jar for H2

18. Offline

NateBody

hmm....are you aware that in the new iCoLand 2.44 the console gets spammed with ....creeper removed, creeper removed, skeleton removed, zombie removed ... this is quite annoying tbh is there a way to disable this?

NOOO!!! ITS SOO ANNOYING PLZ STOP IT!

19. Offline

Magik

fixed in 2.45

NateBody likes this.
  20. I did managed 2 edit the H2 database and I imported the data manually (i did sorted the coordinates of the areas to Min/Max as needed in the DB) but i keep getting this error:

Show Spoiler

00:48:47 [WARNING] [iCoLand] Error parsing tag: á
    00:48:49 [WARNING] [iCoLand] Error parsing tag: á
    00:48:51 [WARNING] [iCoLand] Error parsing tag: á
    00:48:53 [WARNING] [iCoLand] Error parsing tag: á

This only happens when i use the DB with the Data i filled in manually and here is an example of an entry:

Show Spoiler

SERVER|world|14|66|88|160|77|222|011-04-03 16:48:25.0052|011-04-03 16:48:25.005|(blank)|(blank)|(blank)|TRUE|null

The (blank)`s are just to show that there is a row, but the are empty in the DB.

Am I missing sth? I copy-pasted the data from the old .yml file but left out the " which where in old file. I´m going to check the DB again but i can`t find the problem right now, maybe you have any idea? Oh, i did used the same value for the dayCreated/Taxed Cells, because i don`t wanted to copy&paste them all.

//e: i did run the plugin in debug mode and got following log (in the attachment because of the hug amount of char`s). Also notice the different SQL query eg. on prep197/199/204.

P.s. The Database only got 29 entries.

21. Offline

WarhawkXeroFire

Code:
    2011-05-02 22:06:07 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLUGIN_ENABLE to Turnstile
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/coelho/iConomy/iConomy
        at Turnstile.PluginListener.onPluginEnable(PluginListener.java:34)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$34.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:408)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:633)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:218)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:116)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:94)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:287)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java:201)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:247)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:394)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:379)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    Just updated to iConomy 5.0, getting spammed with this in the console.

22. Offline

Magik

It looks like you have an issue with land ID#30 and ID#32. The tag message happens when it couldn't parse the string in the database - what do you have for the perm field and the addon field for land IDs 30 and 32? It looks like it has that weird a character there somewhere?
    iConomy 5 breaks a lot of things - do not upgrade to iconomy 5 until every plugin that you use that uses iconomy supports iconomy 5.
    and how did you hand edit the H2 database? You edited the file?

23. Offline

Nijikokun

24. Offline

NateBody

Thanks Magik! looking foreward to your plugin updating to iconomy 5!

25. Offline

Magik

ahhh didn't know that niji sorry, i just assumed from what I had heard from you previously that v5 would break lots of stuff, my bad - I spoke without testing...

sounds like it should be compatible already? But I'll have to test it on my own to confirm it for my own eyes and to change the post up top to reflect the support/requirements

26. Offline

NateBody

hmmm uh oh .. well damn i guess its just me im using the latest craftbukkit server and ur plugin v2.45 and iconomy wont load icoland...

27. I deleted those entries but the problem was still there, and there weren`t any strange character`s in there neither. Most of the perm fields were empty, because in the old file they were empty too. Seems like filling all the perms fields solved the problem 4 me, so i guess it throw the error because of the empty perms field?

i used the H2 database engine from the official site 2 open and edit the database. :)

Thank you for your help! =D

28. Offline

jamescosten

i keep getting this error everytime i stop server and start it up. The plugin works fine,

16:25:25 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLUGIN_DISABLE to iCoLand
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: perms
    at me.slaps.iCoLand.iCoLandPluginListener.onPluginDisable(iCoLandPluginListener.java:33)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$35.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:414)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.disablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:648)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:230)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:224)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.disablePlugins(CraftServer.java:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.stop(MinecraftServer.java:240)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:315)

NateBody likes this.
  29. Offline

beebsproduction

i got the version 2.45, and it doesnt work, when i type /icl select, or /icl help.:
    Code:
    19:28:36 [SEVERE] com/nijiko/coelho/iConomy/iConomy loading iCoLand vv2.45 (Is i
    t up to date?)
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/coelho/iConomy/iConomy
    at me.slaps.iCoLand.iCoLand.tryEnablePlugins(iCoLand.java:146)
    at me.slaps.iCoLand.iCoLand.onEnable(iCoLand.java:124)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:127)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:632)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:218)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:116)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:94)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:217)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:204)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:144)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:259)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nijiko.coelho.iConomy.iConomy
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:36)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:24)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
    ... 12 more
    This when the server start.

NateBody likes this.
  30. Offline

beatcomet

the developer needs to update it to the new version of iConomy
    good luck and pleas releas it soon xD

31. Offline

scared

Hello, I have a problem with my land (zone). I want it to be very dark in the zone, but "people" can put torches in the zone! And the torches is there for 300 seconds before they disappear. How can i fix this problem?