[SEC/MECH/FUN] PreciousStones - Block Area Proteciton System [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by phaed, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

phaed

2. Offline

Ratchet

I do use Craftbook, so it sounds like the problem indeed lies with some kind of conflict with PS and Craftbook/Falsebook

3. Offline

Bronski

Did you look at my full list? Maybe others with the problem should post theirs so we can compare :D

I'm 953 also.

4. Offline

HotelErotica

I'm getting super high CPU usage after updating to V5 List of my installed plugins

Code:
    Plugins: CommandBook, Warrant, milkAdmin, PumpkinDiver, HeroicDeath, mcMMO, WorldGuard, WorldEdit, CraftIRC, GroupManager, iConomy, MagicCarpet, mcbans, Permissions, TimeFold, RemoteToolkitPlugin, LWC, iChat, FirstLastSeen, BigBrother, dynmap, AntiBuild, MobArena

5. Offline

phaed

I removed chunk tagging which was only letting PS events run on chunks that had Pstones in them. I will reintroduce chunk tagging, the high CPU will go away. Can you guys do me a favor and run /ps debug before upgrading to 5.0.1. It will spit out to console profiling data saying how long each pof the PS the events take to run. Then post that here so I can see which events are lagging and optimize them. Thanks. Will release 5.0.1 in a sec with tagging back on.

6. Offline

Ecnalyr

When I have the plugin installed I get the following message: "piston placement is disabled because of the dupe bug" - Is there any way to disable this at the moment? (my users will not exploit pistons vs precious stones)

7. Offline

phaed

Change log
    Version 5
    • Reintroduced chunk tagging for performance improvement

Install 5.0.1, I removed that piece of code it shouldn't have made it to production, I had that there for my own server, its not a problem with PS and Pistons. Its a problem with pistons themselves, a player can put 2 sticky pistons to stick on a block then pull them back at the same time and they pull 2 blocks. My users have been multiplying all types of blocks this way, namely diamond blocks, yours probably are too just they are not telling you, its all over youtube.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  8. Offline

Bronski

Thanks for the quick fix, v5 looks awesome and I can't wait to re-install it later :D I'll post back if I run into any more trouble.

9. Offline

Ecnalyr

(all rl friends, teeny tiny server, less than 10 users) :)

. . . and Thank you.

10. Offline

phaed

Before you reinstall, toggle profiling messages with /ps debug, after a minute or so turn them back off with /ps debug again and look in your logs :) High cpu has not been happening on my server, but I only have a couple thousand pstones in the database, very curious to know which events are lagging for you guys so I can fix them. :)

11. Offline

CainFoool

@phaed I have no idea how to use this plugin. I place one of them blocks and nothing happens, like the block that makes you jump. Nothing happens. Help? lol.

12. Offline

phaed

If you want others to jump you have to allow them /ps allow. When you place one down, does it say "Launcher has been placed" or something like that? If not, then look at your logs maybe pstones errored out on startup?

13. Offline

CainFoool

@phaed No nothing happens at all. No errors in the console or anything.
    My plugins:
    Code:
    22:08:28 [INFO] Plugins: CellMod, Giant Trees, WirelessRedstone, Jail, TreeAssist, WaterproofRedstone, CFUKPistonBlocker, Dontkickme, Essentials, EssentialsSpawn, WorldEdit, Clear, LogBlockQuestioner, GroupManager, ItemDetector, Permissions, PerformanceTweaks, VanishNoPickup, PlgLogCmd, SimpleSkylands, LastCommand, TorchMissile, PreciousStones, PlgDisableCmd, GlassReturn, Day, Lockette, Rocket, WorldGuard, EssentialsChat, AntiBuild, NoCheat, LogBlock

@phaed Also when I try /ps setname NameHere I get a "No fields found" error.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

phaed

Ah, try /ps fields. Is that block type on the list?

15. Offline

SneakyToe

Same, I tried reinstalling etc.

I tried this with City Protection, mine doesn't show up in that list no.

16. Offline

CainFoool

@phaed Yes it is.
    I placed a Lapis Lazuli Ore and nothing happened.

17. Offline

phaed

Was a bug with the chunk tagging I just added for 5.0.1. I just re-uploaded 5.0.1. Download and reinstall please.

18. Offline

CainFoool

@phaed Ok the message now comes up. But when I go near a Jack O Lantern (Lose half a heart) nothing happens and I got godmode off. I tried the Shocker (Lapis Ore) and nothing happened.

Is this a permission problem because I added "mangaddp Owner (my group) -preciousstones.bypass.*" to my Group with the - so that I could not bypass the features.

Also when a left clicked with a jackolatern I got this message (I guess the block isn't registered as a field?)
    [​IMG]

Also english fail, it needs to be "Your field would touch no other field if it was placed here."

19. Offline

SneakyToe

Mine's still not working..

20. Offline

CainFoool

@phaed My friend on my server just got hurt by the Pumpkin so I am guessing you can't get hurt by your own blocks?
    Is there a way to bypass this?

21. Offline

phaed

Right , you are immune from damage form your own jacks.

Sneaky do you have console errors? Are you sure you re-downloaded?

"Your field would touch no other field if placed here.", is also correct grammar yet less verbose.

22. Offline

CainFoool

@phaed You forgot to kill the event after you get killed, I am constantly getting hurt at spawn..
    [​IMG]

23. Offline

phaed

Nice catch thanks.

24. Offline

CainFoool

@phaed Did you update the plugin? I had to disable it :p
    By the way would you be interested in me developing this with you?

25. Offline

Kaosvf

Hi,
    I have a problem with the command /ps clean, for example I do it and it found 22 fields, after 1 minute I redo it and there are the 22 fields again!
    Can anyone help me? (I have v5.0.1)

26. Offline

phaed

Haven't updated the ENTITY_DEATH event, making a couple of other changes before update. Should be within the hour. About the development for sure, I appreciate any help. Fork the GitHub repo and send me pull requests with any bugfix/update/feature my way to include on the main trunk :)

27. Offline

CainFoool

@phaed You can also add my server to the list of servers using the plugin ;)
    server.crazycraft.co.uk:25566 (25565 is getting mcserverlist spammed so that's temporarily off).

Yeah I see you never registered Entity_Death,
    private void registerEvents()
    {
    getServer().getPluginManager().registerEvent(Event.Type.ENTITY_DAMAGE, entityListener, Priority.High, this);
    getServer().getPluginManager().registerEvent(Event.Type.ENTITY_EXPLODE, entityListener, Event.Priority.High, this);
    getServer().getPluginManager().registerEvent(Event.Type.ENTITY_DEATH,entityListener, Event.Priority.High, this);

Suppose that's all you'd need to add :p

28. Offline

phaed

It's a bit more involved than that. I have to also add the corresponding function on the PSEntityListener which will remove said player from all fields he is recoded as having entered in the EntryManager. Don't worry, I got it ;). It's already done, right now I'm making modifications to the Forrester so it also generates grass, tall grass, and flowers. I'll release both changes together when I finish this.

29. Offline

CainFoool

@phaed Ah ok, lol. I just thought you forgot to add the registerEvent in :p
    Is it normal to be getting:
    Code:
    23:39:44 [INFO] [PreciousStones] version 5 loaded
    23:39:44 [INFO] [PreciousStones] configured fields: {1}
    23:39:44 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling PreciousStones v5 (Is it up to date?): Unresolved compilation problems:
    	The import me cannot be resolved
    	Help cannot be resolved to a type

java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
    	The import me cannot be resolved

at net.sacredlabyrinth.Phaed.PreciousStones.managers.CommandManager.<init>(CommandManager.java:5)
    	at net.sacredlabyrinth.Phaed.PreciousStones.PreciousStones.onEnable(PreciousStones.java:94)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:857)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:264)
    	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:151)
    	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136)
    	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:358)
    	at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java:281)
    	at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
    	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:290)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:480)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:465)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

lmao (This is my fail at editing your plugin).

30. Offline

phaed

Not normal lol. To compile you have to add a few references:

craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    Permissions.jar (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/in...phoenix-discontinued-3-0-has-a-new-home.5974/
    Help.jar (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/info-help-3-a-smarter-help-953.13601/)
    SimpleTeams.jar (this is yet to be released plugin of mine you can find the jar here https://github.com/phaed420/SimpleTeams/blob/master/dist/SimpleTeams.jar)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.