Inactive [SEC/MISC] Vanilla v0.2 - Disable /pl and /ver, hide plugins from list [1.1-R6, 1.1-R7, 1.2.4-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by niccholaspage, May 11, 2011.

1. Offline

niccholaspage

Vanilla - Config options to hide plugins from the plugin list and disable the version and plugin list commands
    Version: v0.2
    Tested on CB 1.1-R6, CB 1.1-R7, CB 1.2.3-R0.1

MOVED TO BUKKITDEV.

Outdated Information:

Vanilla is a plugin that can fake servers as vanilla and hide plugins from the plugin list. All of this is configurable (look below).

Features:
    • Block use of /pl and /plugins (The plugin list command)
    • Block use of /ver and /version (The version command)
    • Hide plugins from the plugin list
    With this plugin, you can fake a vanilla server by hiding the plugin list & version commands. You can also instead of doing that, hide specific plugins. For example if I want to hide MCBans & BigBrother, griefers would think the server cannot rollback changes and more importantly, they think they cannot get globally banned. Hiding the plugin from the plugin list makes it disappear completely. Even though it doesn't show, it will still function fully. Also, if you hide any plugins, you should probably want to hide Vanilla itself so people(griefers) don't know if you are using it. Also, the console will still be able to use the commands & plugins will not be hidden from it.

Todo:
    • Nothing right now :)
    Config:

Default config:
    Code:
    Vanilla:
        hideversioncommand: false
        hiddenplugins: ''
        hideplugincommand: false
    If hideversioncommand is true, the version command cannot be used by anyone. Same with hideplugincommand except it hides the plugin list command. The hiddenplugins option can hide plugins. For example, if I wanted to hide BigBrother, MCBans, and Vanilla, it would look like this:
    Code:
    hiddenplugins: 'bigbrother,mcbans,vanilla'
    Each plugin is separated by a comma and is case-insensitive.

Permissions:
    Vanilla.version - Allows player to use the /vanilla command to see the version
    Vanilla.reload - Allows player to reload the configuration

Download Vanilla

Source Code

Changelog:
    Version 0.2+

Version 0.1
    • First release.

2. Works fine for me on 1597

3. Offline

RugRats

Nah doesn't work, some plugins must be overridding it then if that's the case it needs to update. People can /plugins, /version ect even when in the config it's disabled.

4. Offline

Tommy Schmidt

works fine for me on 1597, too.

5. Offline

Wolfy9247

Are you sure it isn't something like the permissions you're using, or are you using the Bukkit perms? I've yet to check out whether it's still working with CB-1.1-R1 (latest dev) but nothing should've effected it working.

6. Offline

AndrewsPanda

This plugin is broken for R5. Will it be updated?

7. Offline

Wolfy9247

It should be a pretty easy update for the author, or anyone willing to contribute, considering about all that needs to be changed is the EventHandler calls.

8. Offline

Flenix

Anyone volunteering? I could probably try if needs be but I'm not exactly brilliant.. :p

9. Offline

monir

Uppdate please

10. Offline

adenslayer

can we get an update?

11. Offline

niccholaspage

Vanilla will receive an update & be uploaded to BukkitDev.

I'm going to recode the plugin & add in the features that were going to be added for 0.2. Since this is a small plugin, the recode will not take long and I'll have a version up by tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
    Spongebob1212 likes this.
  12. Offline

adenslayer

woot, thanks :D

13. Offline

monir

Fantastic:)

14. Offline

niccholaspage

I've fully recoded the plugin and added 0.2's features. I'm going to test it now and release it today/tomorrow.

I've compiled a development build. I've tested everything except configuration converting. Click here to download it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Spongebob1212 likes this.
  15. Offline

adenslayer

works perfectly, thank you so much :D

I have another plugin that needs to be updated but the developer wont reply, do you think you could have a look? Its a plugin to limit the amount of people that can join a group. I have a copy of the .java file if you would like to take a look

16. Offline

niccholaspage

Where you using an old configuration? If so, did it convert it properly?
    Send me a message with the jar file.

17. Offline

Spongebob1212

I might test this out.

18. Offline

adenslayer

Ya, I used the old config file and I'm assuming that it converted because it works perfectly :D thanks for the update

19. Offline

niccholaspage

20. Offline

Noblauch

Hi! I just installed the latest version and it doesn't work on 1.2.3 beta build. And I can't find a correct format because the new config looks a bit different than the one you display here?

21. Offline

niccholaspage

The BukkitDev project explains the whole installation and configuration. Vanilla should be working without a problem on 1.2.3.

22. Offline

Krunal

Thank you so much, you are a god! :p

23. Offline

eLeCtRoLv

idk.. dont work on my server :\

24. Offline

Pig

Thx soooooo much!
    I have search for this kind of plugin for month! :D

25. Offline

xeNium

26. Offline

MiHo

Try using other plugins. This one seems not to be supported well anymore. :(

27. Offline

xeNium

Well do you know the plugins that have same features like this?

28. Offline

MiHo

There exists one, but I am sorry I forgot the name of it.
    At the moment I only disable the plugins via removing the permissions for it. Since Bukkit provides permissions for built in stuff like /ver and /plg I do not need this plugin anymore.