Server Administration Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by BJCxMC, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Offline

BJCxMC

Plugin category: Admin Tools

Suggested name: InternalAdmin

What I want: Hello to all of you amazing people who may be reading this post, I would like this very lightweight and easy plugin to be made for myself and who ever else would like to download it. I know I can use a variety of plugins to get these commands but I'd like this plugin.

Mute Chat
    /mutechat is first up and basically speaks for itsself. With this command I'd like it to be togglable and to cancel the entire server's chat except the players who have the internal.chat bypass permission to speak while its muted and to even leave messages in the chat, when it's enabled I want it to broadcast in red "Server's chat is now muted!" and when its disabled, also in red "Server's chat is now unmuted, you may speak!" and when people try to speak without the bypass permission I want it to cancel the message and send them a message in red saying "Chat is currently muted! You may not speak!" It's great for spreading out important messages so everyone can read it and it can also be used to punish the chat!

Lock Server
    /lockserver is next and is in a way almost the same thing as a whitelist. I want this command to be togglable and to send out a message saying in red "Server is now locked for Staff only. 10 seconds to leave or be kicked." and then 10 seconds later kick all the players without the internal.join permission. When the players without the permission try joining the server I would like it to stop them, (like when you're banned) and have a message on the screen saying in red, "Server is now locked for Staff only, join back at a later time! Thank you!" Very handy for server repairs and fixes.

Busy
    /busy is third up and is another togglable command. The idea behind /busy is to stop normal players from spamming owners and high admins when they are busy. When busy is enabled, I want it to block all incoming messages from players that dont have the internal.staff bypass permission. When busy is enabled and someone without the permission tries to message them I want it to cancel the message and send them a message in red saying "(Name) is busy right now and will not recieve your message, contact a moderator for help." That way only if it's really important a moderator can then message you about the problem, (their message goes through because of the bypass permission).

WhoIs
    /whois <name> Coming in at fourth is whois. This is an idea I had that is kind of based off the command from essentials, when admins / people with the permission internal.whois use the command on a player I want basic data to show up for the player they put, so like IP, time played total, time played this session and a trickier part if it is possible, I also want it to list their possible alts, so all the different accounts with the same IP address will show up.

Blacklist
    /blacklist <name> [reason] and /blackcheck <name> is last but certainly not least! This one may be a little hard, I would like this command to ban the person it first listed for a reason or without one being provided, ban the player, the IP, and all the associated accounts with the same IP address, this is good for players that just keep logging on with different names and causing mischeif on your server, you can finally get rid of them. I want it to be broadcasted to the server in green and say "(PlayersName) has been BLACKLISTED from playing on the server by (AdminsName)." I want it to ban the player obviously and send them in their ban message in red "You have been BLACKLISTED from playing on the server! (go down two lines) Reason: (reason provided)." That will show up everytime they try to login to the server. Now for the /blackcheck <name> part I want all players to be stored in a folder with the players name with a file inside showing if they've been blacklisted and for what reason. That way you can /blackcheck <name> and it will return and say something like this if they are blacklisted or this if they aren't.

Ideas for commands:
    1. /mutechat - Mutes the chat.
    2. /lockserver - Locks the server.
    3. /busy - Marks as busy / toggles messages.
    4. /whois - Looks up players.
    5. /blacklist - Bans the IP and all accounts under the same IP.
    6. /blackcheck - Check if a player is blacklisted.
    Ideas for permissions:
    1. internal.chat - Be able to chat when server's chat is muted.
    2. internal.join - Be able to join the server while it's locked.
    3. internal.staff - Be able to message players while they have /busy enabled.
    4. internal.mutechat - Let's you mute the chat.
    5. internal.lockserver - Lets you lock the server.
    6. internal.busy - Let's you mark yourself as busy / toggle messages.
    7. internal.whois - Let's you lookup players.
    8. internal.blacklist - Let's you blacklist a player, IP, and all associated accounts.
    9. internal.blackcheck - Let's you check if a player is blacklisted and for what reason.
    When I'd like it by: ASAP

Thank you in advance!

2. Offline

OrangeGuy

I am very very sure that Essentials is what you want.

3. Offline

BJCxMC

It doesn't have all the commands I requested PLUS I said

4. Offline

OrangeGuy

Okay, but I thought other guys will still recommend you to use some plugins to get these things.

5. Offline

BJCxMC

Well all I can do is wait and cross my fingers haha

OrangeGuy likes this.
  6. Offline

AXCoding

BJCxMC I have started to work on this, but I'm kind of a newbie to bukkit so this may take a bit... Right now, I have coded the mutechat function.

7. Offline

MomsKnife

I'll work on it.

8. Offline

AXCoding

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  9. Offline

MomsKnife

If I'm going to do this plugin, don't expect it soon - within a week, sure. Have a couple of plugins I'm already busy with,

Chat, Lock, and Busy are implemented. Going to sleep :3

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

BJCxMC

No problem, thank you so much!

thank you for even trying, appreciate it!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

MomsKnife

BJCxMC likes this.
  12. Offline

BJCxMC

yes and for where the accounts are, I would like it to list all accounts that share the same IP that have logged onto the server if that is possible

13. Offline

MomsKnife

That's already implemented, just fixing a bug, and adding blacklist

BJCxMC likes this.
  14. Offline

BJCxMC

And the black check?

15. Offline

MomsKnife

Got a bit sidetracked, coded in two new features:
    /commandsee
    See commands run by players
    /clearchat
    Clears the chat buffer

16. Offline

BJCxMC

All good man, good ideas! Do you have an ETA?

17. Offline

MomsKnife

A day or so, still adding features
    > Just implemented cooldown on commands

18. Offline

BJCxMC

Cooldowns on what commands? The commands I listed or the commands regular users can use?

19. Offline

MomsKnife

Regular players without a certain permission will have a cooldown of 2 seconds between running commands.

expect this by the end of tomorrow. All known bugs fixed.
    > Blacklist time

20. Offline

BJCxMC

Sweet man, thank you so much!

21. Offline

MomsKnife

I think I may ditch the whole "blacklist" idea. Finished it and lost the code, but anyways, it seems kinda pointless to make a command that already exists, in essentials, /ipban & /ban

Still going to try to find new features to add, though.

22. Offline

BJCxMC

Thats fine, you don't need to add any more commands unless you think they fit this whole idea, so if you can't find any, then just upload the jar :)

WAIT! I have an idea, if you're down to add one to two more commands that will be fairly easy I'm sure.

23. Offline

MomsKnife

BJCxMC Just let me know what the ideas are :)

24. Offline

BJCxMC

Okay so since you scratched the blacklist idea, how about almost the same thing but just for ban? So /ban <player> [reason] obviously and it has this color scheme when they get kicked for the ban to take place and get greated with that when they try to log in. (Dont use dark red for the name, use p.getDisplayName() please) So again, use that format and colors for the kick for the ban to actually happen and they get that message when they try to login and it doesn't allow them because they are banned. The second command is like the blackheck command I first listed, it allows admins to check the state of the player, if they are banned, banned by, how many times they've been banned on the server, and reason for ban, -- THIS for if they are banned, and THIS if they are not banned. Can this be done?

EDIT: Each time a player is banned it gets logged in their own config/data file so it can tell how many times that player has been banned, reason for the ban, and then the banner itsself and will update whenever they get banned, so if I've never gotten banned before in the data file it will say something like ban-count: 0, but as soon as I am banned, it updates to one and saves the reason and banner. so something like this maybe?
    ban-count: 1
    ban-reason: reason
    banner: players name who banned them.

25. Offline

MomsKnife

To do the logging with command, I'd have to code in tempbans/bans/mutes into the plugin.
    With what I have currently, you can check if the player is banned, but that's about it.

26. Offline

BJCxMC

And if they are can you atleast check the reason or no?

You could just upload the jar and ill test everything out and let you know how it goes.

27. Offline

MomsKnife

28. Offline

BJCxMC

Works good except for some bugs I have notcied, bug number 1, lock server command does not kick all the players, I have a second account opened and it did not kick it (was not op'd and had no perms) and they could join the server while lock server was enabled, bug number 2, /busy still allows messages to go through even though they do not have the override perm, http://gyazo.com/65043f0e9afff1f9e473dcf9c6fa6529, see? bug number 3, on the /getinfo command I think its storing all the names for however many times they have logged on or something? I got info on myself and only one name popped up, mine, and when I did it on my other accounts my name showed twice, http://gyazo.com/b37c11444878d770cad204722382d82e, bug number 4, /commandsee does not work, it doesnt show the commands they used. Also, when will the ban check be implemented?

29. Offline

MomsKnife

What version are you using? I've checked and all of these work fine for me.
    Ban check is already in, it's /baninfo <name>

30. Offline

BJCxMC

1.7.2, I havent updated since optifine came out for this version ahah what version are you on?

EDIT: Ohh, I just didnt know because it wasnt in the help pages