[Server]DiamondBucket v4-Easy-to-use minecraft server with plugins [1060]

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by decebaldecebal, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

decebaldecebal

I made an compilation pack that contains the latest bukkit build + 25 plugins i use on my server!
    It's meant for people who want to host a minecraft server and don't know how!It contains also small readme files that will help the user make a server!

I will upload tutorials soon and update the version also!

You can download it here:
    Version 4 (recommended)
    Version 3
    Version 2
    Version 1

Changelog:
    Version 4:
    * it's now an installer instead of an archive
    + added LightVote (again)
    - removed iChat
    Version 3:
    + Added Simple/Advanced versions
    - Removed LightVote
    + Added CommandBook
    * Improved tutorial files
    Version 2:
    - Added plugins
    Version 1:
    - Initial release

2. Offline

Pencil

Did you ask the plugin author for permissions?

Also please dont tell me this contains Essentials D:

3. Offline

decebaldecebal

yes it contains Essentials but i plan to add CommandBook also

i didn't asked the authors but I said that the plugins are not mine and in every plugin archive i posted a link to that plugin's thread on bukkit so people give credit to that author

4. Offline

Pencil

You have to ask them for permissions D: Also if you want to help our people and not cause 43545345 errors remove Essentials....

Kohle likes this.
  5. Offline

decebaldecebal

people chose which plugins to install so they can install essentials or not if they don't want

and also i will ask all the developers permissions but i think they will give it to me because i sort of promote their plugins

6. Offline

Pencil

Think and have are 2 different things...

7. Offline

decebaldecebal

i
    use just a 3G modem now and it takes quite a long time to upload new version but i will add commandbook in version 4(i already made version 3 but it will take a while to upload)

and right now i am asking all the plugin devs that i have in this compilation their approval (go check their profile pages and see)

8. Offline

Pencil

I'm talking about thinking to get permissions and HAVING permissions to do it.

9. Offline

decebaldecebal

i know what you mean i already posted it without permissions...
    that was a fault
    but i ask for permission now and if people don't like it i will remove this or i will remove the plugin that i don't have permission for

and also,may i have permissions to use your plugin FirstJoin in this compilation?

10. Offline

Pencil

Ye sure, add it :3

Also, don't take it personally but another pack was taken down because he didnt have permissions :p

11. Offline

decebaldecebal

thanks man
    i didn't know that there was another pack and that it was taken down...
    time to get permission for all the plugins to ensure that this one doesn't :)

Pencil likes this.
  12. Offline

Drakia

13. Offline

decebaldecebal

i will remove your plugin from the pack in the next version and the adf.ly link also

14. Offline

Pencil

Wow, I didn't even notice that!

@decebaldecebal wow you are trying to make money off other peoples plugins, gtfo!

15. Offline

Drakia

The Bukkit team also doesn't like distribution of the CraftBukkit binaries on the forum as far as I'm aware (People find old packs, post old bugs, etc). You also have the craftbukkit jar in there 4 times, that's 32MB of data that only needs to be 8.

Pencil likes this.
  16. Offline

Pencil

Yeah it's not allowed afaik.

Btw we joined on the same day :3 *High 5*

17. Offline

decebaldecebal

what's the problem if i have 4 craftbukkit jars?it's just for people to use the software easily because out there there are newbies that don't know to install craftbukkit for their system

all adf.ly links removed

18. Offline

Drakia

A) Your download is 32MB instead of 8, that's just dumb
    B) The staff frown upon (Disallow?) the posting of CraftBukkit JAR files as it leads to confusion for new users.

We can get @EvilSeph or @Plague in here to see what their take is.

19. Offline

decebaldecebal

i only put the recommended promotion build in the archive but you should call admins see what they say and i will modify if this is against the rules

and also i wish to put an installer instead of an archive but i can't right now i have just a 3G modem and it's very very slow for now but when i get proper internet i will make an installer that's easy-to-use and smaller

20. Offline

Zarius

Just thought I'd chime in and note that I gave permission for LightVote to be used in the compilation (I know they are a controversial thing - I'll leave the final decision to the admins) subject to adfly not being used - I also noted that adfly was not permitted.

@decebaldecebal - you have removed the adfly links and also removed LightVote? It does really seem your main focus on this is making money rather than assisting people. You also removed Drakia's plugins because he noted adfly was not permitted (or was there also a private conversation?).

21. Offline

Drakia

@Zarius I do not allow my plugins to be included in packs.

22. Offline

decebaldecebal

i will add LightVote again in the next version i removed it in version 3 because i had adf.ly then and you didn't wanted it
    i will add it back

23. Offline

Zarius

Yeah, no problems with that - I was just noting that decebaldecebal seemed to remove your plugin purely on the fact that you advised that adfly wasn't permitted.

Lebensdauer likes this.
  24. Offline

Plague

well if the craftbukkit jar is not changed than it's not against the rules per se, but still not really recommended
    makes the download bigger AND no way to guarantee you will have the latest one.

25. Offline

EvilSeph

Packs like these just result in more support load and problems for all the developers involved since it is more likely people will be out of date through using a pack than through installing a plugin themselves. You are also distributing CraftBukkit builds and others' plugins without permission, which we do not allow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.