Server mods/CraftBukkit alternatives - question

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Digi, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I never used server mods so I don't know if there is any mod that changes stuff in net.minecraft.server.CraftingManager, because I'd *really* like to override that method to provide some faster recipe matching and expecially improve the compatibility range for other Bukkit plugins of my plugin...

So, would it be a general good ideea to override some methods in CraftingManager or will I have some nasty surprises with server mods or other server platforms like Tekkit, Spout, etc ?

2. Offline

Giant

Well, if you don't change the actual outcome of the event, I don't see how it would affect Tekkit or Spout... Unless they have modded it that is.

3. Offline

r0306

Giant
    I think he means stuff like item id conflicts.

4. Offline

evilmidget38

Digi AFAIK you're fine to do this, just don't break anything. PEX is famous for doing this to allow the '*' node, which is useful and all, but has broken some stuff.

5. evilmidget38
    Well, I don't know what PEX did but I guess it changed the CraftBukkit or Bukkit API methods since permissions are a Bukkit feature, those have almost zero chance of being modded by server mods... I'm changing a minecraft class which has quite a chance to be changed if a server mod wants to add a special feature for crafting or stuff like that.
    What did PEX break tough ?

r0306
    I'm not changing any item IDs.

I'm worried about changed class conflicts... if the server platform/mod changes the default behaviour of the CraftingManager class it could get removed by my overwrite... expecially if the change is in the craft() method which I'm overriding most of its behaviour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.