server op commands not working after notches work today

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by kyle9901, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

kyle9901

so i am in charge of keeping 2 100 slot servers under control and well

one of them which has always been a pure vanilla server has access to their server op commands but...
    the one that was using craftbukkit and suchs i cannot get server op commands working ive reloaded server properties, i have redone the ops list, i have tried reloading latest bukkit, i have tried so much

i am just stuck anyone with assistance it would be very great.

:( bumpage

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  2. Offline

RchGrav

What work did notch do today? Was there a server update I am unware of?

Are you sure you are following CB developments as closely as you should be?

Have you tried updating to the latest build of CB or adding a # to your commands?

3. Offline

kyle9901

there was a little minipatch to the server migrations he did today. i mean its still the same minecraft build
    i have updating the latest build as well as # commands after the server migration today on notches side the server (vanilla) op commands dont work on the modded server i run only the one that was never modded.

they were working fine until today

:(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  4. Offline

will d

I can verify that its all broken today. MineOS was recently updated yesterday to work with all the server op commands. I dont really understand the rationale for differing commands # vs no #. If craftbukkit has already stated they will not add server op commands (outside of new plugins), why should it modify the command at all, and break implementations with this proprietary syntax?

5. Offline

EmVee

Wait, wait wait. You think NOTCH has something to do with the way Bukkit works?

6. Offline

ledhead900

Probably Notch trying to stop mods again XD

7. Offline

Selbram

Wow, you guys are so quick to blame notch for every little problem. The bukkit team made a change that forces you to use # for vanilla commands on a craftbukkit server. This was intentional so that in game you had to type /#save-all or whatever to run commands. The side effect is that on the console you have to type #save-all to get it to work.

8. Offline

TnT

Which was then changed back to not needing the # in front of the console commands around build 79 (I think). So now you can use the original commands again.

The last patch just added auth servers and ssl. Nothing else. People freak out too easily.

9. Offline

Plague

Not cool. I don't care about Noth getting hurt by this comment at all, but there are people on this forum that will BELIEVE ANYTHING. So please stop spreading such umors, I don't like to read X posts about how notch broke something on purpose.

I know you meant it as a joke but don'T forget about those gullible people on the net.

10. Offline

Kr1sc

And yet, in my server's console I see errors about Minecraft not being able to verify usernames.

Btw, I am not saying it is Notch's fault. But MC has been very unstable since 1.2 was released.

11. Offline

TnT

I think it has 99.9% to do with their server moves. The server and client application work fine, when you can actually authenticate to the Minecraft servers.

12. Offline

Obsidian

Yeah, the server move has left minecraft.net extremely jittery. Hopefully he'll get it sorted soon.

Luckily, I'm moving my minecraft server to a new datacenter today, so it's not like anybody is missing it anyways.

13. Offline

kyle9901

so how would i go about getting to console to do this #save-all command
    --- merged: Jan 19, 2011 7:18 PM ---
    let me rephrase that .. the host we run through has no way to access the console to use this command could use some assistance please we go through jest servers.

14. Offline

Suembeaux

so there op command does not work at all anymore...? what are we to do if there is a plugin we want that does not have permissions support????

15. Offline

Darq

This thread is from January, dude.

If the plugin doesn't use Permissions, then they probably use isOp() to restrict usage to certain features.

16. Offline

Suembeaux

yes i know i just haven't had to use a plugin since then that required someone to be an op...they always had permissions suppot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.