Server Startup Error.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by haunsman, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

haunsman

I just tried to start up my server for the first time for version 1.7.8 and it gave me an error in the console. Here is what the console looks like. I am also on Windows 7.

C:\Users\Creighton\Desktop\Bukkit>java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
    Error occurred during initialization of VM
    Could not reserve enough space for object heap
    Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
    Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program Will exit.

C:\Users\Creighton\Desktop\Bukkit>PAUSE
    Press any key to continue . . .

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but t does say cannot reserve enough space for object heap. But would that be I don't have enough memory on my hard drive? If so than dang. I just got my PC.
    I am using windows version 64 bit and my java version is 1.7.0_55

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  2. Offline

Qwahchees

Either I'm stupid or you need an Xms1024M within that, add that to your command line.

Alternatively, how much memory does your system have? Not your hard-drive, but RAM memory.
    (Right-click My Computer to check.)

3. Offline

LHammonds

heap size is referring to your computers memory (RAM = Random Access Memory) which is where programs run from. It has nothing to do with hard drive space.

Since you have a new PC and it is Windows 7, 64-bit, I'm gonna assume it has at least 3 GB of RAM (probably 8) so starting the server with 1GB (e.g. 1024MB) should work.

Code:
    java.exe -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui
    You might want to try the recommended and solid build 1st to ensure there are no dev-build issues. Once you get it running, then try a beta build...if that works, then try a dev build.

1.6.4-R2.0 <- Recommended build
    1.7.2-R0.3 Build 3020 <- Beta build

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.