Setting up a private server is impossible! PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Legend420, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Legend420

So basically for the last few days I've been trying to set up a simple private server for me and my girlfriend to play on but it's proven way harder than I thought. First I downloaded the official Minecraft Server host thing off Minecraft.net and although I seemed to get it working, only I could connect to it and it was a bit laggy. I did some Googling and found that everyone said the easiest way to start a simple server is with Bukkit, so I downloaded the latest version of Bukkit and followed a tutorial on the forums. I put some code into the RUN.bat but it didn't work saying "Could not find the path specified" or something. I've tried several other codes but none of them worked and I don't know enough about programming to do it myself.

So PLEASE can someone help me? I'm so frustrated I don't know what to do anymore. Why does it have to be so complicated just to play online with one other person??

Just in case you need to know I'm running Windows 7 on a 64 bit system with 4GB ram. And I checked to make sure I have the latest version of Java 7.

2. Offline

Legend420

Can anyone please help? Tried making do with some public survival servers but after spending 4 hours on it we both got banned because the admin was a troll. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3. Offline

Marsyoranges

Legend420 In your RUN.bat, do you have 'craftbukkit.jar' ? If so change it to the name of the craftbukkit that you downloaded (like 'craftbukkit-1.72-R0.3.jar')

4. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

your path must be wrong, what is your "code" that you put into your run.bat?

5. Offline

wowzersam

6. Offline

Br0nn

If it can't find the file specified, instead of using "java" at the start, put the path of your java.exe file instead.

So for example, instead of
    Code:
    java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe"-Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true

On my Dedi I couldn't use the Java command even after doing something called setting environment variables, anyways, hope this helps. Oh, and another thing, if it's just you and your girlfriend and you don't need mods/plugins, just make a single player world and do the open to LAN option.

7. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

Br0nn oh yeah I didn't think of the Lan option in singleplayer. But this is just if they are living together, because they have to be on the same network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.