Setting up a server (Help!)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by tordtorden, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

tordtorden

Okay, so I have been trying to set up a server with bukkit, but with no luck. I have watched lot's of tutorials and all that, but still my retarded brain (and possibly computer too) isn't able to set one up.

So I'm asking for help. A really simple step by step guide on how to do this. No matter if i have to use hamachi. EVERY single step described if that's okay. If you can: Diamonds to you! [diamond][diamond][diamond]

2. Offline

andrewkm

lol what a great thread.
    Are we supposed to give you the magic 1 sentence step to setting up a bukkit server?
    The only question/request i see in this thread is the word Help followed by a !

3. Offline

1lann

Easy step by step directions? Waaaaayyyyyy too long to explain, it would cost me a couple of hours. Did you know I didn't watch any tutorials at all? I just learnt new things as I go. A tip that helped me a ton when starting a server: check what most plugin is compatible with what craftbukkit recommended update. (states so in plugin titles in "[]"s) then download the the version of craftbukkit and install plugins and other stuff.

4. Offline

tordtorden

Yeah i know that... But i have tried to set up a server earlier. It worked well, and I used hamachi. Now I can't ssem to get eigther the regular server or bukkit to work... I have portforwarded the 25565 port correctly, and I have tried all I can! So I just wondered if someone could make a good tutorial describing every step. It'll be like telling someone unfamilliar with this how to do it.

Im really sorry if I might have expressed my self wrong, or if I have made any misunderstandings. (Im just 14 and not english you see)

5. Offline

andrewkm

6. Offline

tordtorden

Oh well, thanks. Even though i have seen that page before.

7. Offline

jamescosten

What are you using, computer etc. Then what versions of MC do you have and Bukkit??

8. Offline

ThePoopfish

It would help, if you could provide more information about the errors that you are having. Can you not log in, is the server not starting, please try to be specific. Also info about what version of minecraft you have as well as the Bukkit build you are trying to use would be helpful

9. Offline

Yudaz

Okey... Wanna setup a server?
    First you could look at:
    http://wiki.bukkit.org/Setting_up_a_server

If that doesnt work;
    - You could get/download TeamViewer ( http://teamviewer.com/index.aspx ) and I can help you from my own computer! This program makes me allow to control your computer from my computer while your watching me... Very simple program! :)

Is it the port or the server that isnt working?

Send me a PM with Partner-ID and Password to TeamViewer if you want me to help you!

Im 14 too! :D And had problem in the start to set up servers, but now I can a lot of stuff! So, just PM me! :p

Norsk også er du?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  10. Offline

andrewkm

-
    You just said help setting up a server, and the wiki has ALL the help you can get. Unless you have more of a specific question no one will help you.

11. Offline

Yudaz

I can help him I said! So just get lost! It is not you that ends the postes, it is the owners!

When someone asks for help... They arent asking about how my language where, or asking about how this post was... THEY ARE ASKING FOR HELP! :mad:

12. Offline

tordtorden

@Yudaz stemmer det ^^

@andrewkm I might have failed a bit here, and there have been some misunderstandings. Luckily Judaz is both of the same age as me, and from the same country. So I'll get him to help me instead. End of story!

And I will look more into this tomorrow

13. Offline

andrewkm

"Help! I not know how to make server!"
    is asking for help... ? lol
    you sir, are a genius

14. Offline

1lann

Just leave him alone, he can do what he wants to do. Also stated in the rules and conditions:
    2. No racism, discrimination, threats or personal attacks of any kind are permitted.

This is a friendly community and as such you are expected to be courteous and follow general posting etiquette. There are times when you may not agree with someone, or you've had a bad day and that's fine, we all have those days. But please, for your own benefit, leave your problems off Bukkit.org. Doing so will ensure that the Bukkit Community is a welcoming, friendly one.
    4. No flaming, inciting hatred or instigating flame bait is permitted.

This is a friendly community and as such you are expected to be courteous and follow general posting etiquette.
    In general, any parties involved in a flame-fest - whether they be the instigator or the flamer, will be dealt with accordingly. The best way to stay out of trouble, with regards to flame-fests, is to not join in.

15. Offline

andrewkm

trollololol.

16. Offline

WhosDaMan

I can write up a step by step if you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.