Setting up a Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TimTams, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Offline

TimTams

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Hi all,

Very new to running a server here... I am trying to set it up on a dedicated machine in my business' colocation unit however I can only run it if the server does not generate any windows. At the moment I have that damn "Pail server manager" popping up when I run it, despite me having nogui in the server startup line.

Is it possible to strip Bukkit back to a bare server and remove all extras not required to run the server so I can manage it with my own plugins? Will removing Pail from the plugins folder get rid of this window?

I am using Essentials and Permissions to manage my server access

PS how can I set a "guest" build area and stop default users from being able to build or interact with stuff elsewhere?
  2. Offline

TnT Retired Staff

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    By default, assuming you don't use any sort of auto installer (I don't like them because they teach you nothing that you need to know to run a CraftBukkit server) CraftBukkit is bare bones. Tutorial on how to set one up here. More detailed guides *ahem - look in my sig for an Ubuntu guide* exist.

Yes, removing a plugin from the plugin folder disables the plugin. Best to do while the CB server isn't running.
  3. Offline

TimTams

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    I couldn't for the life of me find an installer that doesn't include a bunch of stuff...
  4. Offline

TnT Retired Staff

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    Don't use an installer. You don't need one, and it won't teach you anything about running a server.
  5. Offline

TimTams

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    ok allow me to rephrase: "i can't find a link to a zip/jar file or an installer that doesn't include a bunch of stuff"
  6. Offline

TnT Retired Staff

dev.bukkit.org profile:
    CFUSERNAME
    My Plugins (CFCOUNT)
    Minecraft account:
    MCUSERNAME
    ci.bukkit.org - Get CraftBukkit there.
    Orbix likes this.