Setting up a Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TimTams, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TimTams

Hi all,

Very new to running a server here... I am trying to set it up on a dedicated machine in my business' colocation unit however I can only run it if the server does not generate any windows. At the moment I have that damn "Pail server manager" popping up when I run it, despite me having nogui in the server startup line.

Is it possible to strip Bukkit back to a bare server and remove all extras not required to run the server so I can manage it with my own plugins? Will removing Pail from the plugins folder get rid of this window?

I am using Essentials and Permissions to manage my server access

PS how can I set a "guest" build area and stop default users from being able to build or interact with stuff elsewhere?

2. Offline

TnT

By default, assuming you don't use any sort of auto installer (I don't like them because they teach you nothing that you need to know to run a CraftBukkit server) CraftBukkit is bare bones. Tutorial on how to set one up here. More detailed guides *ahem - look in my sig for an Ubuntu guide* exist.

Yes, removing a plugin from the plugin folder disables the plugin. Best to do while the CB server isn't running.

3. Offline

TimTams

I couldn't for the life of me find an installer that doesn't include a bunch of stuff...

4. Offline

TnT

Don't use an installer. You don't need one, and it won't teach you anything about running a server.

5. Offline

TimTams

ok allow me to rephrase: "i can't find a link to a zip/jar file or an installer that doesn't include a bunch of stuff"

6. Offline

TnT

ci.bukkit.org - Get CraftBukkit there.

Orbix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.