Setting Up MySQL

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Jaxkr, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jaxkr

There are various plugins that I want to install, but I can't because they require a SQL database. I already have a MySQL database set up on my web server for my Minecraft server, but how do I tell my server to use it? I have heard of sqlconnecter.jar or something like that, but, where do I get it, how do I install it, and how do I configure it? Please make your replies as clear as possible.

2. Offline

tom

Most MySQL compatible plugins automatically come with myswl connectors, all you have to do is fill in your MySQL information in teh plugins config file.

3. Offline

khamseen_air

Did you get this working? I'm having the same problem of not really knowing how to set it up. My web server uses MySQL but I can't get my game server to connect to it because it's only accessible via cPanel. So how the hell do you set up one that the game server can use?

4. Offline

Jaxkr

Is your SQL database only accesible through localhost?

5. Offline

khamseen_air

No I can remote access it, didn't know how at the time, but I actually got it working and have now reverted to using SQLite, the speed increase with MySQL is negligible and it's a pain having to link to another server for it.

6. Offline

cronikkk

use @alta189 's MySQL library. there is a tutorial on it too it works amazingly. I use it in almost everyone of my plugins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.