Sign Links

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by dragondeatth, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Offline

dragondeatth

Plugin category: Administration

Suggested name: Link Signs

What I want: I'd like a plugin where you can set a sign and write something on the sign, then write a command that makes the sign a link sign. And when you left/right-click this sign it should post a link to the person who clicked it in chat. Like this plugin:

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/linksonsigns/

But that one is outdated, and keeps clearing my signs.

Ideas for commands:
    /ls <name> <url>: Gives the sign a name for later editing and attaches a url to the sign.
    /ls remove: Removes a url from the sign.
    /ls list: Lists all the link signs there are.

Ideas for permissions:
    linksigns.use: Allows you to use link signs.
    linksigns.create: Allows you to create link signs.
    linksigns.remove: Allows you to remove link signs

When I'd like it by: Whenever :p

2. Offline

dcgamingentral

dragondeatth I will work on this for you, I think it will be a fun task.

3. Offline

dragondeatth

Thank you very much! :D

4. Offline

dcgamingentral

Would you like it in the config so you can set what colour the link and name are?

5. Offline

dragondeatth

Sure :)

6. Offline

dcgamingentral

What permissions plugin do you use?

7. Offline

dragondeatth

I use bPermissions :p

8. Offline

dragondeatth

I really need this plugin. Dcgamingcentral, are you still planning on making it?

Can anyone else make it? It's really important for my server :(

9. Offline

Wolf7115

I'll take a look at it. It's simple enough.

10. Offline

dragondeatth

Thank you! :D

11. Offline

Wolf7115

I've finished most of the code already. I just have to add the Sign event listener and it should be done. Unfortunately, I have to go to my real work right now, so don't expect this to be done soon. I'll try to finish it when I get home, if I have time.

12. Offline

dragondeatth

Thank you! :D

13. Offline

Wolf7115

Well, it does work. Let me just clean up the UI a bit because it's ugly. It's also really simplistic, but it should do what you tell it to. When I give it to you in another post from now, just tell me what you would like changed about it, if you don't like something.

14. Offline

Wolf7115

I've finished the project. It will be appearing at http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/linksign/ soon.
    All of the instructions will be there. If it's not approved yet, you can also download it on this post.

Message me for any changes or suggestions you would like. This plugin is quite simplistic, but I believe it does what it needs to.

Attached Files: