Sign time loop

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by kungfuko, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Offline

kungfuko

I want to request a plugin that lets me create a timer that will loop. For example: Every mine will reset in (time) minutes! When time will be 0 it resets and startover.

2. Offline

ChrisStarr32

kungfuko
    I dont get what you are trying to say here?
    Please explain more in depth. Thank You

3. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

4. Offline

Me4502

CraftBook can do this with its IC's, I've set up many prison mines doing this.

5. Offline

kungfuko

6. Offline

ChrisStarr32

kungfuko

Working on this.
    Donations accepted

7. Offline

kungfuko

I cant effort to pay you. But i broadcast something like "Thanks to chrisstarr32 for making our custom plugins for sign timer", and give you a shoutout on my youtube account when i get my server running. Hope thats enough

8. Offline

ChrisStarr32

9. Offline

kungfuko

10. Offline

ChrisStarr32

I'm sorry! I have had alot of family issues pop up this week! Working on it!

11. Offline

kungfuko

Thats okay. Everyone got a private life ;)

12. Offline

ChrisStarr32

I dont think I will be able to finish this. Just built new PC. Drive wipe

13. Offline

kungfuko

14. Offline

kungfuko

15. Offline

Chrisbotcom

Sounds interesting. I'm playing around with this idea now. Will let you know if I can do it. I'll need 50 diamonds and 10 eyes of ender. ... and an enchanted diamond sword. jk :D

16. I already set out to do it, if you don't mind.

17. Offline

Chrisbotcom

I can give this a shot. Looks fun. [redflower]

18. Offline

kungfuko

PetrosPolemistis Chrisbotcom
    Any maybe if you want you can add it so it works with a scoreboard too? And so its possible to turn it off. That would be cool :)

19. Offline

Chrisbotcom

Turning it off is no problem. Regarding working with a scoreboard, how do you mean? Would this be basically resetting a scoreboard? Something like running a command when the timer reaches the end?

20. Offline

kungfuko

@christbotcom It would be same complex as the sign. Somelike this. Mines reset in: 05:00M. Is that possibly to make on a scoreboard?

21. Offline

Chrisbotcom

Ah! I see. So it would stand out more if presented like mcMMO's scoreboard than if the timer showed up in chat. Very cool idea. I'm working on it. I'll keep you posted. -Chris

Built the framework and scoreboard implementation. Will open a planning project soon.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  22. Offline

kungfuko

23. Offline

Chrisbotcom

As soon as the project is approved, you should be able to test a score board countdown timer. There's a few problems with using the scoreboard.
    1. The larger of minutes or seconds is moved to the top of the scoreboard. Cannot make an "OfflinePlayer" stick to a specific line.
    2. Cannot use an OfflinePlayer Score slot without specifying a score. There will always be text (score name) on the left and a numeric score on the right.
    3. Cannot display a Scoreboard with DisplayTitle only.
    Minecraft client does not support the sending of other screen text. There is rumor of that being in a future release, though.
    Next test will be a timer on a sign.
    [​IMG]

24. Offline

kungfuko

Is there a command to turn if on and off to players? And how far are you with the sign :)

25. Offline

Chrisbotcom

No commands yet. Still testing things out. I recommend using the alpha plugin on only a test server. The sign test will be similar. The sign test plugin will have at least one command for creating the sign. I'd like you to see both and then decide what you think will really fly. I'm not really satisfied with the Scoreboard but you may be happy with it. I think the Scoreboard limitations will receive mixed reviews.

26. Offline

Onlineids

Really...........

27. Offline

kungfuko

28. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Please note that it is his signature

29. Offline

Onlineids

timtower what is?

30. Offline