So long

Discussion in 'Staff Goodbyes' started by evilmidget38, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

evilmidget38

Hello and Goodbye.

I'm evilmidget38. I've been here for nearly three years, and part of the Bukkit project for one and a half. My goal was always to try and improve to project. I started as an idealist who saw something that needed to be improved, and I was put into a position to help improve it. I'm incredibly thankful that I was given this opportunity, not only because I feel I was able to contribute positively, but also because of the amazing people that I've met. I know with a certainty I've rarely encountered that these people are my friends, and regardless of the current drama I'll be maintaining contact with them.

As for the future of the project, I don't believe there's any way that it's possible for it to continue. Decisions by both Curse and Mojang have made that clear to me. Even in the unlikely event that it continues, I'm not interested in being involved.

I gueess I haven't really said it, so I'll say it bluntly: I resign. I will no longer be contributing to the Bukkit project.

Thanks for all the fish?

2. Offline

kill_da_trolls

GG nate..

WyrdWyrd and ZeusAllMighty11 like this.
  3. Offline

thepaperboy99

Goodbye evilmidget, we won't forget you.

4. Offline

DamienMine

Thank you for your work Evilmidget - and gotta love Douglas Adams.

5. Offline

jonoaa

Thanks for your contributions to Bukkit! Farewell

6. Offline

GodsDead

7. Offline

FerusGrim

Bye, sweetums. <3

Have fun being awesome at everything else that you do, sans Bukkit. <3

8. Offline

Dez11

Goodbye! You won't be forgotten :D

9. Offline

railguy_

Thank you for all your hard work and contributions! Good luck!

10. Offline

jrborman13

Thank you for all you have done with the BukkitDev team. The whole community would never be as strong, and willing to lend a helping hand without the examples set by you and your colleagues. As a Bukkit Server owner, I am deeply saddened to hear of all of these resignations, but I want to wish you all the best on your future endeavors.

Thank you for all you've done,
    jrborman13

11. Offline

TheMintyMate

evilmidget38
    Agreed - I feel that Mojang (and Curse, in part) have forced Bukkit into a tight spot. With the contribution of the recent EULA and the ejection of EvilSeph from the Bukkit team, it hardly suprising the community is suffereing.

Hope you find a different project/community you can adopt.

Have a good one,
    - Minty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.