Something is adding brackets

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by trixter164, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

trixter164

So, I tried to set a world prefix with multiversecore, but something is adding brackets around the prefix name of the world.

Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about: [​IMG]
    The name of the prefix is [LK] but something is making it [[LK]].
    I tried naming it LK, and it does add 1 set of brackets, but they are white, when I want them darkgray

Yes, I have essentialschat installed, here is what my chat format looks like:
    format: '{DISPLAYNAME} &8&l: &r{MESSAGE}'

So, how can I either get rid of the second set of brackets, or set them to darkgray?

Thanks!

2. Offline

trixter164

bump :L

3. Offline

trixter164

Sorry for the bump! I really need help with this.

4. Offline

LHammonds

An important part of this equation is the Multiverse-Core config file...specifically the setting for "prefixchatformat"

5. Offline

trixter164

There is no "prefixchatformat" option in my config file, there is "prefixchat" but I already have that disabled because of the issue I stated in my initial post.

I did try adding it in the form of
    Code:
      prefixchatformat: '&8[%world%&8]%chat%'
    but when I reloaded multiverse, it would remove that from the configuration.

Here is my config file:
    Code:
    #  -------------------------------------------------------------------------  #
    # This is the MV2 Config. If you mess it up, copy the values out              #
    # delete it, and it will be regenerated. Then use the ingame interface        #
    # to add your values back via the "/mv conf" command.                        #
    # When in-game, simply type: "/mv conf ?" for help.                          #
    # A config with explanations can be found here:                              #
    # https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/config.yml              #
    #                                                                            #
    #  IMPORTANT !! IMPORTANT !! IMPORTANT !! IMPORTANT !! IMPORTANT !!IMPORTANT  #
    # Do NOT delete this line from your config!!!!                                #
    # ==: com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.MultiverseCoreConfiguration            #
    #  IMPORTANT !! IMPORTANT !! IMPORTANT !! IMPORTANT !! IMPORTANT !!IMPORTANT  #
    #  -------------------------------------------------------------------------  #

multiverse-configuration:
      ==: com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.MultiverseCoreConfiguration
      enforceaccess: 'false'
      prefixchat: 'false'
      teleportintercept: 'true'
      firstspawnoverride: 'true'
      displaypermerrors: 'true'
      globaldebug: '0'
      messagecooldown: '5000'
      version: '2.9'
      firstspawnworld: LK
      teleportcooldown: '1000'

6. Offline

AGC-Intra

trixter164
    In your Multiverse-Core folder is a worlds.yml
    For the world in question in that file, is its Alias set correctly with no brackets?
    I use HeroChat and have accomplished this no problem.
    In my herochat the default chat format to call on my world name is, {world}.
    There are no brackets. Hope that might help.

Here is a copy of my Multiverse config.
    Code:
    multiverse-configuration:
      ==: com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.MultiverseCoreConfiguration
      enforceaccess: 'false'
      prefixchat: 'false'
      prefixchatformat: '[%world%]%chat%'
      useasyncchat: 'true'
      teleportintercept: 'true'
      firstspawnoverride: 'true'
      displaypermerrors: 'true'
      globaldebug: '0'
      silentstart: 'false'
      messagecooldown: '5000'
      version: '2.9'
      firstspawnworld: AK
      teleportcooldown: '1000'
      defaultportalsearch: 'false'
      portalsearchradius: '128'
    I am not sure what the 'useasyncchat' setting actually does, couldn't find reference/info on it.

7. Offline

trixter164

AGC-Intra So, why aren't these extra options showing up in my Multiverse config?

Also, will {world} in HC go off of the world Alias (LK, LV, etc...) or the world name itself (LuckyKingdom, LuckyValley, etc...)?

8. Offline

Alster551

Using the latest version?

9. Offline

trixter164

Yes, I'm using version 2.9

10. Offline

AGC-Intra

Yes {world} should show the Alias since Multiverse is overriding the usual {world} setting with an alias.
    Why not try it?
    Not sure if those extra options in my config were like that from the start or if I found documentation on it somewhere and added it after. That is why I included a copy of mine, try some things and see if it works.
    Keep in mind the prefixchatformat is there but it is NOT used since prefixchat is set to 'false'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.