Solved Sound manipulation of lightning

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TheMintyMate, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheMintyMate

I have recently developed a plugin for a server, which involves lightning. However, it has recently come to my attention that the sound of the lightning can be rather deafening. Though the users can disable "Weather" in their sound settings, this isn't very convenient for the users.
    I have tried looking through the forums posts, but alas, to no avail. So does anyone have any suggestions of how to approach this issue?

•Any available methods I could use with Bukkit?

•Any other suggestions?

Thank-you in advance,
    Minty

2. Offline

tommycake50

Well, I know how to manipulate the sound when playing just the sound but not with the effect.
    You might wanna ask someone who knows about packets because you might just be able to send an effect packet without the sound.
    A bit complicated though, but the last time I played with effects was months ago so I don't really remember too well, Also, look at the Javadoc's and see if there is anything in there.

TheMintyMate likes this.
  3. Offline

TheMintyMate

tommycake50
    Ok, looking..... Thanks :)
    Also, do you know anyone I can ask about packets?

Edit: I have just had a basic look through the docs, so far I have only found ways of playing sounds, not limiting them. I'm going to inquire more though them and see if there is anything.....

Second Edit: By the looks of things, I may need to work with packets. I haven't had any luck with javadocs concerning just manipulating the sound. However, if anyone does know how to..... please do tell! :p

4. Offline

tommycake50

Yeah, I do, but for the life of me I can't remember his name.

5. Offline

TheMintyMate

tommycake50
    If you do get his/her name, that would be great :)
    Anyone else got any ideas?

- Bump

6. Offline

TheMintyMate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.