Spawn Point Buttons (Checkpoints)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by LennonMOBILE, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Offline

LennonMOBILE

Hi, I just had an idea for something I wanted to build, but to do so, I would need spawn point buttons.

Basically, when a user presses the specified button/switch/pressure plate, their spawn point gets set to the position they are when they press it (Or if using pressure plates, like I would like to, then simply setting it to the position of the plate). That way if they were going through some sort of tunnel, they could press these checkpoints along the way, and if they die, they won't have to go all the way back to the beginning.

If it is easier, maybe these buttons can just set the players 'home' to be in that location, and then I could use another plugin to always have players spawn at their home.

Is something like this possible, and would someone be willing to take this up?

2. Offline

Deaygo

I'll see what I can do, give me an hour or two :).

Edit: Alright, I have made some pretty good progress on this, I will work on it some more tomorrow after work. I'll let you know when it is done :).

Are you using Permissions Plugin? or do you just want ops to be able to create the set spawn blocks?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  3. Offline

LennonMOBILE

I'm using the permissions plugin, so if I can use that to choose who can set the spawn blocks, then that would be awesome. Thanks again for taking a stab at this.

Out of curiosity, how hard is a plugin like this to make?

4. Offline

Deaygo

It isn't too hard to make, I am actually almost done it, just going to add in the permissions stuff and I will upload the source and jar and link it to you. Just let me know if there are any major issues with it and I will get it fixed asap

5. Offline

LennonMOBILE

Cool, I look forward to it. Thanks again!

6. Offline

Deaygo