Spawning Custom Mobs causes client to crash

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by AstramG, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AstramG

I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is. First of all, I am registering the entity correctly so that's not the issue, I think I found it. I'm creating a zombie that extends EntityWolf, but I don't think a zombie has the same metadata/ nbt as the wolf for things such as the collar color, anger, and tamed statuses. Therefore when I spawn in the zombie it immediately crashes my client. If anyone knows how to sort of remove this metadata from the zombie, please tell me here!

2. AstramG I'm really confused about what you're saying. How can a zombie be a wolf? Please show me the code for what you're actually doing, it'll be easier. :)

3. Offline

AstramG

It's not too difficult to make a zombie act like a wolf, I do it with sheep because they have the metadata. Just create a custom entity extending entity wolf but register it with the zombies tag, id, entity type, and NMS class.

4. Offline

Garris0n

You could try using ProtocolLib to monitor outgoing packets and see if blocking certain ones fixes the issue. If so see if you can remove said packet's behavior from the mob.

And are you sure you registered it? Just in case ;)

5. Offline

AstramG

Garris0n I'd rather not use a dependency. Hence why I am creating a custom plugin instead of using the EchoPets API.

6. Offline

Garris0n

I didn't mean permanently, just to see if you can identify the problem.

7. Offline

AstramG

Garris0n I probably would if I were a little more familiar with ProtocolLib and what packets to check for.

8. Offline

Garris0n

wiki.vg/Protocol for a list of packets.

Also, you should of course look through your code for anything that could cause a crash.

9. Offline

AstramG

Garris0n I was examining my code all of yesterday. I honestly think it's what I identified in the original post.

10. Offline

Garris0n

Then, as I said, block the packet with ProtocolLib and see if the problem is fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.