Spells plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by xLivUrLif3x, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Offline

xLivUrLif3x

Hello, Reader (Hopefully Developer)

I am the Owner of a soon to be Harry Potter server. I know many people have heard of the HarryPotterSpells plugin correct? Well, I would like nobody to suggest it in this thread. I have seen every spells plugin possible, and find them all boring and lacking.

What I am Asking: Someone to make a plugin for me (All spells require a certain amount of "Redstone")

Spells and what they do:

Accio: Brings the nearest dropped item (When the player is looking at it) to the player so that the player can pick it up.

Aguamenti: Makes the target player have bars that they would have underwater. If the player does not cast Finite-Incantatum before the bubbles go down, they will drown.

Avada-Kedavra: Instantly Kills the Target Player.

Expelliarmus: Disarms the target player of anything that they are holding and either drops the item or puts it in a different slot in the players inventory. When this spell clashes with Avada Kedavra, the person who casts expelliarmus will live.

Flipendo: Knocks the target player backwards. The different Frequencies of this spell include: "Flipendo, Flipendo Duo, and Flipendo Tria" Each spell doing a more affective and further knockback with each spell.

Finite-Incantatum: Removes all potion effects from the player, or effects in general. Removes the effects of ANY Spells from the caster. When Finite-Incantatum is casted at the same time of ANY spell except for Crucio, Morsemorde, Duro, Protego, Petrificus-Totalus, or Avada Kedavra, cancells out the spell effects and sends the effects BACK to the caster.

Crucio: Removes all food bars of the target player, and lowers the target player's health by 4 hearts. The player cannot move during this process and can do nothing to prevent it.

Confringo: Basically does the same action as /pt fireball. So, Shoots a Ghast fireball i believe...

Petrificus-Totalus: Completely makes the target player unable to see, and during the blindness and nausea effect, the player also has a set speed of 0, so cannot move. They also lose all server permissions including messaging. This will basically block the player from any contact with the server. If the player dies, the effects will be ended, and if the player leaves and joins back they will automatically die at the join.

Bombarda: Places down a almost about to explode block of TNT. Basically, when this spell is casted a peice of TNT 1/2 a second away from exploding falls above the targets head.

Bombarda-Maxima: Does the same thing as bombarda but the explosion is amplified.

Duro: Creates a wall of stone that circles around the caster. This spell protects the caster from any spells or physical contact from anyone. The caster is basically in a ball of stone. The stone cannot be broken until the spell wares off at the end of 5 seconds.

Disillusionment: Gives the caster The highest amount of invisibility for 30 seconds.

Vera-Verto: Turns any living entity into a Flower pot. When casted on an animal, The animal i skilled(Disappears) and no drops are given, The animal is replaced with a already placed flowerpot. When casted on a player, The player dies (DEATH) and items are not dropped, and a nice Flowerpot is placed in the corresponding square of the player

Scribblifors: Turns ANY living entity into a feather (Quill) Same rules apply as Vera-Verto.

Snufflifors: Turns any ANIMAL from its current form into a rat (Silver Fish)

Sectumsempra: Does a deal of 3 Hearts of damage to the target player. When casted, Redstone is randomly places in a radius of 2-4 blocks away from the target, Also the target is unable to move for 2.5 seconds. Only players with the permission "spells.Sectumsempra" can use this spell

Metelojinx-Recantanto: Toggles precipitation on or off

Morsemorde: Spawns lightning, and changed the time to night. an announcment says:
    "<playername> has casted the Dark Mark!" only players with the permission "spells.Morsemorde" can cast this spell.

Protego: Protects the caster from any spells casted upon them for 10 seconds.

Currently, This is the list of spells, Modifications will be added to this thread as needed. Thank you for reading and please respond.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Onlineids likes this.
  3. Offline

mine-care

Well i can try but some of the requierments arent posible. (at least for me) and still all those are commands?

So you want me to?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  4. Offline

xLivUrLif3x

mine-care
    timtower
    Yes! If you could both attempt.

To see all spells:

Take the default wand(Stick) and right click, That will scroll to the next Available spell

To cast a spell:

Left click with the spell selected
    ----
    Some commands:

/spells buy <spellname or spell-name for two word spells> Buys a spell
    /spells teach <playername> <spellname or spell-name> Teaches a spell to someone for free
    /spell unteach <spellname/spell-name> <playername> Unteaches the spell to a player

5. Offline

6. Offline

mine-care

Probably not... I'm still a newbie on java... If you need help tho I know some stuff, we can do it together.. I'm good at hashmas saving n loading em, players and events.

7. Offline

Then I might take a shot at this.

jthort likes this.
  8. Offline

mine-care

Ok ask me for whatever help. Thanks.

9. Offline

Onlineids

if you dont finish this before I get home I could contribute

10. Offline

Won't rush this anyways, gonna make an interface where you can hook into. Then everybody can make classes and send them over. Will check them though.

11. Offline

Desle

12. Offline

xLivUrLif3x

Desle
    I would prefer to have a more custom plugin. Thank you for everyone who will contribute to the plugin, I do ask that if you guys make custom plugin for me (EEEP! People actually are going to help me!) I would perfer you send me the link to the CURRENT download link. Maybe upload it to adfly or another site that i could dowload it. I ask this because I would prefer people who are going to play on my server NOT to know the spells plugin because I don't want them to copy it. Only I and the developer should have it, Possibly people the developer shares it with or I myself share it with.

timtower
    Thankyou for helping me! :D
    mine-care
    Thankyou for trying, Hope to see you again soon! :)

Onlineids
    I would also love it if you helped as well! Maybe help by created half of the spells and timtower can create the other half? Or one of you can test it? I just really want this pluin built and have no idea how in da world to work Java. XD

Anything Helps! :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

Onlineids Feel free:
    Code:java
    1. public abstract class Spell {
    2. public abstract void cast(Player player, LivingEntity target); //Runs when the caster is looking at a living entity
    3. public abstract void cast(Player player); //Runs when there is no living entity in the cursor
    4. public abstract String getSpellName(); //Returns the name of the spell
    5. }

That is the interface that every spell uses. Won't get loaded without it. Spell changing etc is handled outside of that. Feel free to create any spell you like. It isn't checking if the target is a player, just a livingEntity.
    xLivUrLif3x There is a limit on the spell range that involves another player.

14. Offline

Onlineids

How are the spells casted?

15. Offline

cast(Player player, LivingEntity target)
    cast(Player player)
    Main plugin will call those on the selected spell.

16. Offline

Onlineids

Alright when I get home ill knock some of these off if I have the time

17. Offline

Take your time, new class though, added a link to JavaPlugin, useful for cooldowns etc.
    Code:java
    1. public abstract class Spell {
    2. protected JavaPlugin plugin;
    3. public abstract void cast(Player player, LivingEntity target); //Runs when the caster is looking at a living entity
    4. public abstract void cast(Player player); //Runs when there is no living entity in the cursor
    5. public abstract String getSpellName(); //Returns the name of the spell
    6. public Spell(JavaPlugin plugin){
    7. this.plugin = plugin;
    8. }
    9. }

18. Offline

Onlineids

Alright that will be cool maybe integrate a xp bar cooldown system, ill look into it

timtower likes this.
  19. Offline

xLivUrLif3x

I understand. I would like there to be a certain range to cast every spell, and a certain cooldown that is unique depending on the spells. :)

20. Offline

Spell range when looking at a player will be pretty short, unless somebody finds a wayto increase that range

21. Offline

xLivUrLif3x

timtower
    No worries, I just really want it done. :)

22. Offline

xLivUrLif3x

timtower Onlineids
    Any Progress so far?

Sorry if I am bothering you, I just like to be updated; you know? :)

23. Offline

I currently can't do much, I did provide an interface for everybody that wants to create spells, loading them isn't an issue.

24. Offline

xLivUrLif3x

So how would a spell be created? Like, Adding player effects like nausea or get knocked back? I cannot really provide any help for myself because I can't really code for my life... XD

25. Offline

Developers would now how to use the functions.

26. Offline

xLivUrLif3x

27. Offline

MrCobayo

what is the ip of you server?

28. Offline

xLivUrLif3x

That will not be given out until ALL the plugins are done, and the map is COMPLETELY Finished. I need all the plugins (Including this one) to be finished. :)

29. Offline

MrCobayo

Nice! Please send me a MP when you open the server, because i have one inspired in the world of Harry Potter. The web and IP are www.twwom.com

30. Offline

xLivUrLif3x

Your entire server is in spanish D:

@Onlinids
    Any Progress?