/staff command

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ThatManWithSwug, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ThatManWithSwug

I am creating a server and I would like my players to know if a staff member was online or not. So that's when I came up with the idea of /staff. Sadly I am unaware of how to make it so I came to all you amazing people on the Bukkit forums. What I want it to be like is where it has a list of all the staff members. But when they are online when a player does /staff their name is green. When they are offline and a player does /staff their name is grey.
    Also possibly making it to where you can edit the colors so when they are offline its red, online its blue when they are not online or something other then what I said before. One last request is to make it where the editing of it is in the config instead of in game cause I feel it would be A LOT easier to edit.

-Thanks to anyone who can help. :)

2. Offline

DotDash

You could just use /list in Essentials (if you have it).

3. Offline

ThatManWithSwug

I do have essentials but I would like something that will list all staff member when the player performs the command /staff If the staff is on it will give them a green/lime name if they are offline it will give them a grey name. Just something that I think would look more professional then a /warp staff or a link to a page.

4. Offline

ThatManWithSwug

5. Offline

ShadowDisruptor

I can make this for you. Just pm me the following: Server mc version, your staff names (I will have a config, just will have this so you can see how to use it) it will have to wait till Thursday because I don't have access to my computer until then.

6. ShadowDisruptor All discussion should be kept on this thread, version is pretty much irrelevant for this plugin, and why the names? Why not just permission based?

7. Offline

ThatManWithSwug

ShadowDisruptor
    I don't know how to PM you on here, kinda new to the bukkit forums. Sorry but here is everything I think you will need,

Version: 1.7.2-1.7.9 either would work.
    Staff: idk the staff since my server is only in its Alpha stages. Also it can either be command based or like this

- Owner: Name, Name, Name.
    - Admin: Name, Name, Name.
    etc. etc.

Also for the colors you can edit it in the config to where its like
    Online - Green or the color code, Offline - Red of the color code.

Do you understand what I am saying, if you don't then I am sorry its my fault, I just can't type it down since. 1. I can't make plugins. and 2. I don't know how configs work. I just know how to edit them.

8. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

ThatManWithSwug If you have a thread and somebody asks you to pm him: don't.

AdamQpzm likes this.
  9. Offline

ThatManWithSwug

timtower
    k, as I said before I am new to the bukkit forums, thanks for the heads up.

10. Offline

imyussy

If you give me all of your staff names I can make that plugin for you

11. Offline

ThatManWithSwug

imyussy
    But even if I did give you the staff team what if more people were to be added? Do I need to give you their names so you can add more things to it?

12. Offline

imyussy

13. Offline

nate22233

Hey I made this plugin! I hope this is what you where trying to explain:

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2016
  14. Offline

ThatManWithSwug

15. Offline

nate22233

ThatManWithSwug I used 1.7.5 but it should work with all other ones I think. What version do you need it for?

16. Offline

ThatManWithSwug

nate22233
    I got it to work, the only thing is. I can't change the staffs name like how it says staff
    staff-list:
    - Notch
    - This_Is_An_Example
    How would I make it to where it says
    Owner - (Name), (Name)
    Admin - (Name), (Name)
    Moderator - (Name), (Name)
    etc. etc.

17. Offline

SuperBoy1097

if you wanna do /staff and its the same command as /list you could install the plugin simplealias then after you install it do the command "/sa single staff /list" it means like
    /[simplealias] [singlecommand] [command] [what the command execute]
    and idk about the color stuff

18. Offline

nate22233

ThatManWithSwug Here you go try this: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

19. Offline

ThatManWithSwug

nate22233
    Am I able to make it look simpler so instead of it being in 1 place and not entered or tabbing it. Am I able to edit it or possibly you do it? Cause when it looks like what it is right now it is a bit confusing to be honest.

Also possibly make it to where you have a color code to change it from being yellow text saying "Admin-" make it either red, bold, italic etc. (Not needed just asking)

20. Offline

nate22233

ThatManWithSwug what exactly do you needhelp with? If you don't understand the config this is how it works: First, in the "group-list" you put the list of all the groups (you can add or remove any at any time). Second, you make a new list below(see examples in the config) which includes all of the names of the players in that group. The list needs to be the exact same way you spelled it in the "group-list".

21. Offline

ThatManWithSwug

I got it, I went into the java file, opened it with winrar and went into the config from there and now I am trying to edit this, I will see if this works and get back to you. So far I thank you for your effort in helping me.

22. Offline

nate22233

23. Offline

ThatManWithSwug

Okay, I got it to work, my last question is, is it possible to change it from http://gyazo.com/64d5a721f8068649cae24ae1d8fb8bb5 to like lime green or something, or can you tell me where I can edit it. Cause I searched and I can't find it. Prob went right past it.

24. Offline

nate22233

ThatManWithSwug Alright here: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

25. Offline

PapiDimmi

I run a CraftBukkit 1.7.10 server, and OnlineStaff works absolutely fine for me.

26. Offline

ShadowDisruptor

27. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

The fact that there might be more people interested, that nobody can check them to see if people are asking money.

28. ShadowDisruptor To add to what timtower said, it also makes it more likely that the plugin will be sent over PM, meaning nobody would even be able to check the plugin was not malicious, which some of us tend to do.

mrCookieSlime and timtower like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.