Stop Flight in certain regions!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by wowzersam, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

wowzersam

Is there any way (or plugin) to stop flight in certain regions? I really need this plugin because my donors are abusing their /fly privileges. Please help someone. Thanks

2. Offline

deathknight842

3. Offline

wowzersam

4. Offline

Siebe162

5. It depends on your flying plugin - i'm afraid most plugins don't re-check the permissions too often.

If you had one that re-checks permissions regularly, you could use RSP (region specific permissions). Currently RSP does not allow executing commands though, so the fly plugin need to check. Or i might add auto-commands to RSP. The problem with bluntly turning off flight is that players will likely just die of it, so if the flying plugin does not prevent the next touchdown, then it might be problematic.

6. Offline

wowzersam

asofold I don't think it would be problematic. It would disable flight UPON ENTERING a region, not while IN a region.

Siebe162 Tried that too, doesn't work

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  7. People ca fly high, so turning fly off on entering a region could kill the player, unless the regions don't reach any high. Often one does not really see the region coming if regions can be anywhere, so claiming near spawn might be a way of getting items.

The question is which event makes which plugin end the flying upon entering a region. Currently RSP can detect entering regions (certain regions, any region, any region you are member of, for owners) and also change permissions on base of that, but RSP does not end flying by itself nor can it execute other commands directly (yet).

So some other plugin would have to detect the permission change or do the necessary commands. Does the WorldGuard fly flag plugin do anything flying-related inestead of just adding the possibility to set a fly flag? Maybe i can write a simple plugin for using the fly flag + RSP.

8. Offline

wowzersam

asofold Currently I simply have it so /fly is denied in that region (/rg flag jail blocked-cmds /fly) However, that isn't enough. Players simply enable fly BEFORE going to prison.. If you have time to make a simply plugin, I would really appreciate it :)

9. If it's just for prison, i might be able to do something simple (they would not die there?).

10. Offline

wowzersam

asofold Well..its not for prison, its for my kitpvp world. I fixed the prison fly thing by removing donor ranks. If you need to know, the kitpvp world is named BlocksVsZombies

11. Best be as specific as possible+reasonable - it would help finding the right technique.

Where exactly has flying to be stopped (entering ... a world, a region).

How many regions within one world? Do you want to type the regions in a config or set a no-fly flag?
    How accurate need it to be (1st block, 4th ok)?
    Specialties... teleport to highest / next-lowest block?

12. Offline

wowzersam

asofold Entering a region (Maybe configurable because I have several regions)
    The regions (there are 2) are kitpvp, and pvparea. I already set a /fly command blocked, and it could be accurate to the 1st block (if possible) which would teleport them to the next lowest block

Hope thats not too confusing

13. I might give it a try this day...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.