Surprised There Isn't A Plugin For...

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by VoidingNixx, May 26, 2011.

1. Offline

VoidingNixx

Well, you all remember the chickens in Zelda, right? The chickens in Minecraft remind me sooooo much of the Zelda chickens.... and remember what happened when you attacked a chicken in Zelda too much?

So... I'm surprised there isn't a plugin for Bukkit yet, which will make the chickens act like the chickens in Zelda. Kill too many, and they just start flocking out of nowhere and attacking you! Not quite sure if this is possible... but if it is possible, would anyone care to do such a thing? I'm guessing there would be some major coding involved in it. ;p

2. Offline

Jayjay110

+1 Internets!

3. Offline

valdark

I suggested this a while back... no takers :(

4. Offline

icomeinpieces

i'll take a look and see if this is even possible and report back

looking at the bukkit code, it looks very possible. however a quick question before i begin. since chickens die in minecraft as apposed to zelda (danm immortal chickens) were you thinking either A) when the chicken dies it respawns back to attack and must be killed again, B)when chicken dies the surrounding chicken in say a 20 block radius come in for the kill, C) kill a chicken and a bunch spawn around you that you have to take down as they take you down, or D)kill a chicken and a bunch spawn around you and peck at you till your half health or chase you for a set time and disappear (not this last option implies they are immortal).

or another option i have yet to think about? let me know. i'll check back later today (it's 530am right now very tired lol)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  5. Offline

cloned

OR

I don't think it could be done in the same way. Maybe if you kill X amount of chickens in X amount of time. Regardless, I am behind this idea.

6. Offline

icomeinpieces

well the chickens flying around as it was in the game boy versions prolly not lol but they can be spawned and made to attack (kinda) they would do damage at any rate :)

well i'm part way through making the plugin right now.

7. Offline

icomeinpieces

good news to anyone monitoring this thread.
    at first glance, i figured this plugin would be easy to make, though not hard to make either in the end just required some ugly code. but I think i have something that is working well. some more testing and i'll post here a link to my plugin release, probably later today if my testing goes well.

here it is

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  8. Offline

Lolmewn

Huh, cool :p

9. Offline

VoidingNixx

@icomeinpieces
    Very very nice job! You seem to have went that extra mile with adding permissions. Just installed this and am running it. Have not found any problems at all and everything seems to work perfectly. Absolutely love it! Thanks a bunch ;D