Team for MineCraft Artificial Intelligence

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Fell, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Fell

Hey all,
    So, this post is exactly what the title implies. I am looking for a team to help undertake a revolutionary plugin for MineCraft; an autonomous Artificial Intelligence. If you're not sure what that is, it's basically a self functioning A.I., that would act just like a player. Of course, this will not be an actual A.I., as this has not even been accomplished in the scientific world, but will be as close as possible. I've written out a pretty basic algorithm for its basic functions so far, that I will share with those on the team. So, if you're interested, I need 2 teams. 1 team will be focusing on the actual A.I. (making it "think", interpret sentences, etc.) and the other will be focusing on the NPC aspects of the project. (making an NPC that can perform basic player functions) If you'd like more information on this project, please feel free to PM me and I'll try to respond promptly. If you're interested in working on the project, please comment below. If you would, please follow this application format. Thanks :)

Application:
    Why do you want to work on this project?
    What is your level of understanding in Java (1-10)?
    Which team you would like to work on (NPC or A.I.)?
    Do you have Skype or some other form of instant communication?
    And just a little bit about yourself:

And I've already talked to you three about this some so feel free to fill out an application if you'd like :)
    KaiBB , mbl111 , skawke

And if you're interested, here is the basis of the NPC part of the A.I. Though ours will be better ;)

2. I'd like to help but i'm not sure I am experienced enough :(

3. Offline

hammale

it is quite the interesting idea...kinda like a herobrine but w/ a purpose. being able to actually talk with NPC's would be great! i guess you could do that by pulling out key words...hmmm this defiantly has potential! cant really commit to it right now but this is definatly worth watching!

4. Offline

thehutch

Is this a plugin which creates an autonomous NPC or is an API for creating them? so you can have multiple automated NPC's also you should give him the ability to do tasks on his own without having to tell him :D That would be awesome :D:D:D

5. Offline

KaiBB

WE'RE CONTINUING SKYDEVAI?!?! :D :D :D

I don't think I need to fill out an app, as I've worked on this with you before, but I'll fill one out anyway! :D

Why do you want to work on this project? - It's an amazing idea, and I myself would use it constantly. that, and I like working in projects with you :)
    What is your level of understanding in Java (1-10)? - Uhm... 6 or 7, I think!
    Which team you would like to work on (NPC or A.I.)? - I don't mind, I'd rather just work with my friend Fell! :D
    Do you have Skype or some other form of instant communication? - Your already friends with me on Skype, but my username is kai.breeden!
    And just a little bit about yourself: - I have a lot of fun working on plugins, and playing Minecraft. I don't feel like typing much more, but Fell, you know me pretty well ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  6. Offline

DrBowe

I hope you guys understand just how complex AI algorithms are (for movement, at least). It takes a vast knowledge of probability and other various math functions if you want to come even close to what you're describing here.

In any case, I wish you luck on your endeavors.

KaiBB likes this.
  7. Offline

KaiBB

Not all AI is hard, even movement. If we were to create citizen AIs, we could always dupe the Villager. But of course this wouldn't work for what we're doing.

8. Offline

Fell

Thanks for the support :D And about "pulling out key words", it'll be better than that. :) That is simply a chat-bot, but this, this will be able to "understand" what the words mean, and "think" on how to answer them :)

Lol I think you might have misread :) It's an AI (Artificial Intelligence), not an API :) But who knows, perhaps if we get enough popularity, we could make an API so that others could make their own AI's :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  9. Offline

KaiBB

I'm inviting you to my Skype call.

10. Offline

Fell

Thanks for the well wishing :) And I've spent quite a lot of time studying how AI's work, especially chatty ones :p I've several algorithms written out too :)

11. Offline

SirTyler

well you know I will help you out xP count me in.

12. Offline

KaiBB

Yay! :D

13. Offline

iMint

Thanks for tagging me in this Fell, considering we were the first to talk about it.

-____________________________________________________________________-

14. Offline

Fell

Lol, sorry mint, but there have been... others D; Lol But anyhow, if you'd like to help, you're welcome to :D

15. Offline

mbl111

Application :
    Why do you want to work on this project? I think this is a fantastic idea. and from IRC last night you seem like a pretty cool guy :p
    What is your level of understanding in Java (1-10)? eh... I guess 7 maybe. Im constantly coding new things and learning as I go.
    Which team you would like to work on (NPC or A.I.)? Well, both tbh, but I think Mainly the A.I
    Do you have Skype or some other form of instant communication? Skype, msn, steam, IRC. Whatever takes your fancy :p
    And just a little bit about yourself: Uh. Im turning 17 this year. and i've been coding (in general) for about 2 years now. I like playing minecraft a lot, its a game where I can often loose track of time either from coding stuff for it or playing.

My plugins are:
    Released:
    playerstats - Log player statistics
    Chatlogging - Log chat and commands in a simple txt file
    Private:
    Supermobs - Making minecraft much more difficult.
    MCRadio - Radio stations using jukeboxes (unfinished)
    CMDBox - A plugin for general things (for after a bukkit update and my server needed some commands)

16. Offline

Fell

mbl111
    Great :) so that makes 5 of us. I think we can take 1 more if someone is interested by Friday evening. I hope to start coding Friday night :)
    Make sure to add me on skype @fellwolfpaw

P.s. sorry for such a late reply lol

17. Offline

AlbireoX

Why do you want to work on this project? I am interested in studying Artificial Intelligence and this is a nice start.
    What is your level of understanding in Java (1-10)? 8 - 9
    Which team you would like to work on (NPC or A.I.)? A.I.
    Do you have Skype or some other form of instant communication? simplyianm is my skype.
    And just a little bit about yourself: I am a human who loves to program. I don't play minecraft anymore, but I still enjoy it when I do. I'm really into algorithms and math, so this will be an awesome project for me.

18. Offline

iMint

Others?

You're...

cheating on me..?

19. Offline

Fell

It's not what you think! If you would get on skypeeeeeee, we could talk about it. -_-

20. Offline

Roadkill909

I used to be involved in a project like this. It was a project of my university's newly formed AI club. They are only doing it for SSP using the MC coders pack, but part of my job on the team was to port it to the bukkit API.

When I left the project, they were researching pathfinding and queuing importance of tasks. I'm going to throw them a link to your project, maybe see if any collaboration could be done, if you wanted.

21. Offline

Laserhog

Just how "Dedicated" does someone have to be to apply for this? Would it be worked around other things like University (or in some peoples cases, High School)? I'm ok on the java front (just see my plugins for a general idea) and am always looking to learn more, especially AI, and this looks very interesting.

22. Offline

SirTyler

We have a git that we work off and push changes to, we also do coordinating via skypechat as to not conflict and work on the same things at the same time. We have made quiet a bit of progress but I am sure an extra hand could be used. It is Fell's project so he will have to say wither or not you can join the team.

23. Offline

Veckman

So, how is this project going?

24. Offline

keevee

This is way late and I have not spent much time here, but I have a sudden found interest in programming a Minecraft AI.
    Application:
    -Why do you want to work on this project? I would love to see a player AI in minecraft as I feel it would broaden a lot of players experience who are unable to play with others.
    -What is your level of understanding in Java (1-10)? Probably about a 5. I have taken college courses dealing with Java and I know most of the basic syntax and I know most programming structures (recursion/data structures/generics/etc.) but never worked in a gaming/highly interactive environment, but I feel ready to dive in to it.
    -Which team you would like to work on (NPC or A.I.)? Whichever is fine, I feel the AI side is where I would take more interest.
    -Do you have Skype or some other form of instant communication? Yup, used just about every IM out there (AIM/Yahoo/MSN/Facebook/Skype/IRC) although not so much in recent years
    And just a little bit about yourself: I am a Senior in college with a major of Web Design/Digital Media Development, with a minor in Computer Information Systems. I strive to get a job in the video game industry and am leveraging my free time towards learning skills specific to the field. So I can say that if I could join the project, I would not always have the time to work but when I do I would give 100%!!

25. Offline

GhostTrail

This is an outstanding idea...how is the team coming?

26. Offline

DanielRH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.