Solved Teamchest

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TheGamblingMan, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheGamblingMan

How can i make a Teamchest? I tryed to store the ItemStacks in a HashMap and every time a Player opens the chest it opens that inventory but when 2 Players open the inventory at the same time they can both take out the same item so it's like a duplication chest.

2. Offline

teej107

Are you creating an new inventory each time a player opens it? Show some code.

3. Offline

TheMcScavenger

Like teej107 said, you're most likely creating a new inventory based on the hash map you provided. You should create one inventory per team, and open that existing inventory. That way, if one member opens it, it'll also take the items out when someone else takes an item out.

4. Offline

Monkey_Swag

Why don't you use a normal minecraft chest and store the players in an arraylist, if the player isn't in the blue team he can't open red team's chest, etc.

5. Offline

TheGamblingMan

So i create a inventory
    Code:java
    1. Inventory invor = Bukkit.createInventory(null, 27, "Teamchest");

than i get the contents of the hashmap if something is in the hashmap
    1. if (!(main.teamchest.isEmpty())
    2. && main.teamchest.containsKey("orange")) {
    3. invor.setContents(Rush.teamchest.get("orange"));
    4. p.openInventory(invor);

and when someone closes the teamchest i save the contents in the hasmap? or do i save the contents in the hashmap when the player takes something out?

6. Offline

TeeePeee

1. private final Inventory orangeInventory = Bukkit.createInventory(null, 27, "Orange Team");
    3. public void openOrangeInventory(Player viewer) {
    4. viewer.openInventory(orangeInventory);
    5. }

Don't bother with your HashMap nonsense, just have one inventory and multiple viewers.

7. Offline

TheGamblingMan

Ah thanks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.