the Bamboo Update affects YOU

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by mughi, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mughi

Some of you may have noticed that the bamboo site went down for a bit today and came back up with a slightly different appearance. It appears that as part of the changes, the job structure for bukkit/craftbukkit/scrapbukkit builds was changed. This changes the artifact location. The artifact is what you (or your updater) download to get new versions of bukkit/craftbukkit/scrapbukkit. This means that any saved links to the 'current artifact' or if you had a script that worked out an artifact based on build number, or anything else that tries to get the files for you, is likely to fail until it is updated. For those maintaining scripts, the change to craftbukkit builds is as follows:

previous link for craftbukkit builds (by version number ###)
    Code:
    http://bamboo.lukegb.com/browse/BUKKIT-CRAFTBUKKIT-JOB1-###/artifact/CraftBukkit-JAR/craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

current link:
    Code:
    http://bamboo.lukegb.com/browse/BUKKIT-CRAFTBUKKIT-###/artifact/JOB1/CraftBukkit-JAR/craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

basically, the JOB1 folder got moved

for those of you using bukkitup, this is why your server blows up when you start (unless that has been updated already.. check that thread for details)

I have submitted a support request on leaky (#450) to have an official announcement made, but I thought i should post this for now

--- merged: Feb 17, 2011 2:32 AM ---
    to manually update your bukkits:
    1. go to bamboo.lukegb.com
    2. click the number next to the program you want
    3. click artifacts
    4. click the jar file
    --- merged: Feb 17, 2011 4:12 PM ---
    *sigh* request was closed as INVALID
    thanks for NOT FSCKING READING THE REQUEST guys
    (the request was for a simple announcement from someone that would actually get listened to, rather than me)
    [​IMG] Updated by Erik Broes (Grum) about 8 hours ago
    • Status changed from New to Invalid
    You do realize that these builds are not 'official by Bukkit' (it doesn't run under the bukkit.org domain). So yes it can move, this is a slight amount of 'tough cookie'. I think the cause was a Bamboo upgrade from 2.X to 3.0.
    [​IMG] Updated by Luke Granger-Brown (lukegb) about 8 hours ago
    Noone should be linking directly to Bamboo artifacts. They should be linking to artifactory's virtual 'repo' repo:
    http://artifacts.lukegb.com/artifactory/
    Note that these builds are not made by Bamboo, which will soon be retired, despite the upddate. I feel it does not properly fit the mentality of the team and fails to provide several key features which we require or will require without the purchase of additional plugins.
    Also ava

2. Offline

TnT

That site has been changed up too it seems. I don't know exactly where to go to get the artifacts anymore. I've always grabbed my artifacts from the artifacts.lukegb.com site, but I used to get the latest build here: http://artifacts.lukegb.com/artifac...0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

That no longer works. I've gone through the site, and now see new sections under artifacts:
    dev-Bukkit
    dev-CraftBukkit
    beta-Bukkit
    and
    dev-CraftBukkit-tmp

The previous area - Bukkit - CraftBukkit - Default Job doesn't contain new artifacts. However, the dev-CraftBukkit does, yet none of these build numbers on that section correspond with the Bamboo site.

So if we aren't supposed to download from the Bamboo site, where are we supposed to download from? Do we get another static link that always points to the latest build?

3. Offline

mughi

4. Offline

lukegb

That permalink is, or at least should be, the correct one. Sorry for the confusion.

Bamboo is being phased out, hence why I do want to discourage users from downloading from it. This means bukkitup may break again later, probably at the same time as the org.bukkit packages become sealed.

Just a heads up.

5. Offline

mughi

thanks!
    Can we get a BIG NEWS FLASH message next time ? :) prevents hundreds of messages/topics saying oh noes they be stealin my bukkits..

also, a few users are still looking for scrapbukkit... we haven't been able to find it in the artifactory.. do you have a link for it?

6. Offline

TnT

Any permalink for ScrapBukkit?

7. Offline

mughi

also: 2 questions about the artifactory site:
    1) where should users go if they want to find a specific build of craftbukkit?
    2) are you aware that it keeps getting lost and re-directing to localhost:8081?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.