The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

Discussion in 'Staff Goodbyes' started by Gravity, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Gravity

This isn't as much of a goodbye thread as it is a moving on from one thing to the other.

Bukkit and the Minecraft community have been some of the best and most influential parts of my life. Before I began writing plugins, I was interested in video production. I had always wanted to learn how to write code, but never had the drive to figure it out. When I discovered Minecraft and the server modding community I realized just how cool programming is and how much of an impact it can have on your world.

I realized quickly that with the knowledge and effort you can fix any problem you see in front of you. If you think something isn't the way you want it to be, do something about it. That is how the world moves forward. I believe that this community could have had a long future ahead of it, but unfortunately it has not been handled with the respect it deserves. Because of that, I believe it's now time to move forward with my life.

I've learned more than I could have ever imagined, and had real-world experience in the Computer Science world that has already benefited me greatly and will always be something I remember fondly. It disgusts me that it has to come to an end this abruptly and with so much confusion, anger, and greed, but what still stands strongly in my mind is the good that everyone here has done. There are amazing people who have dedicated their lives to this project and will never get the credit they deserve, and they know who they are. What's amazing about all this is that there are so many people who fall into this category that it's impossible to list them all. With that said,

My BukkitDev staff: you all have been AMAZING and a real pleasure to work with. We have all grown and learned so much together and that is such a worthwhile outcome of all this. Take what you've learned and put it to work for something good.

It's really too bad that those who had a stake in the outcome of this project did not support it as they should have and pretended to care about those involved with their actions (or lack thereof) clearly said otherwise. I find it disgusting that I have to comment on this in the this same wall of text, but it deserves saying.

Server modding will continue without a doubt. However, a Bukkit without EvilSeph TnT mbaxter is not a Bukkit I want to be inside of. As you might already know these gentlemen have been the heart of this project, and I can't imagine not working beside them on this. Wolvereness feildmaster evilmidget38 Amaranth have taught me so much, either directly or indirectly, about programming and I thank them for their contributions to the project.

Thank you all for your support. This community is a great crowd of kind people who frequently donate their time, money, and hard work to making everything work. I hope our paths cross again.

- Adam (Gravity)

---

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    ― George Bernard Shaw

jflory7, Chinwe, chakyl and 35 others like this.
  2. Offline

Diemex

Thanks for your contributions. You seemed to be a nice guy when I asked you about your new HorseApi. All my best wishes to you, ggwp

justcool393 and Gravity like this.
  3. Offline

GodsDead

Thanks for the work on bukkit Adam, good luck in future projects.

Gravity likes this.
  4. Offline

xGhOsTkiLLeRx

I really appreciate your work and effort you put towards Bukkit :'(

Gravity likes this.
  5. Seems like I'm not the one who is retiring forever (Just did it months ago). Good memories Grav.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.