'Too Expensive!' anvil fix?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by REALDrummer, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Offline

REALDrummer

plugin category: Fixes, maybe?

suggested name: DeepXPPockets

what I want: I was wondering if anyone was willing to make a plugin to simply eliminate the 'Too Expensive!' results on an anvil and allow anvil jobs that require more than 40 levels to be done if the player has the levels.

A number of people on my server -- including me -- are incredibly frustrated by this system. A few of our members have created some incredible ways of getting large amounts of xp in short amounts of time and we would like to make ridiculously powerful weapons with it. We have a non-PvP Survival server, so Creative Mode is out of the question and we want to use these weapons on monsters, not each other (for the most part), so overpowered weapons would be wonderful! However, I still want to be sure that players have to earn the power weapons. If you could just make the level costs for anvil work that appear in Creative Mode available in Survival Mode instead of the annoying 'Too Expensive' method, the people on my server and I -- and likely many others running CraftBukkit servers -- would be very grateful.

ideas for commands: It would be preferable to make this plugin work without commands.

ideas for permissions: [plugin name].superenchant could allow the admins to allow only select players to use this extended enchanting ability.

when I'd like it by: Whenever you have time would be wonderful. I can't say for sure, but I think there's a good chance a plugin to do something like this would be extremely tiny. In fact, I would do it myself, but I have other things I need to work on and I can't seem to navigate through CraftBukkit's enchanting code very well.

Thank you in advance to anyone who tries to help!

2. Offline

snake4212

The too expensive message only appears if you have no where near enough levels

3. Offline

REALDrummer

I'm afraid it's not that simple.

"[...] except in Creative mode, there is a limit of 40 levels for all work in an anvil; if it costs more than that, the anvil will refuse the job."

That's a quote from the Minecraft Wiki "Anvil Mechanics" page. Check it here if you don't believe me.

If a job costs more than 40 levels, you cannot do it unless you're in Creative Mode. Period. That's why I'm looking for a plugin to change it.

4. Offline

evilmidget38

IIRC this is calculated client side, and cannot be changed via the server.

5. Offline

REALDrummer

Ah. I was afraid of that. Okay. Thank you for your help.