[TOOL/ADMIN] Bukkit Server GUI v1.1.4544 - A (.NET) GUI for the Bukkit Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by Kanshunin, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mrboese

I'm using the gui with 1.2.3 beta 1 without any problems.

2. Offline

Kanshunin

No, the problem isnt common.

The newest recommended version of bukkit runs with the gui at my develop pc as well, but at my test pc with (win xp) the newest version isnt running either, but it runs without problems with commandline only. It must have todo something with the pc performance, or maybe the java enviroment in coherence with my gui wich catches the running process.

Checking where these errors come from isnt easy.. but you could try to update to the newest java version.
    In the meantime im looking for the error.

3. Offline

Funkhouse

Hi I cannot figure out where the file webserver/info.html is. I also was wondering how you logged in

4. Offline

mrboese

info.html? index.html. Replace the webserver/index.html with the one, you can download to install the new WebGUI.
    You have to enable the webserver in the GUI options (You can set a username and a password there). You also have to set a valid port and make a rule in your firewall.

5. Offline

Kanshunin

1.1.4454 is out now, as always: if you got any errors, or if you have suggestions/questions, just tell me :)

6. Offline

mrboese

I updated WebGUI to version 2.0.0.1:

Changelog:
    * Bugfix: Bukkit version and Server GUI version will show up correctly
    * Designfix: Memory of Bukkit and Server GUI
    * Added: Console log is now a litte bit more colorful

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    Replace the original file in /webserver with the one, you've downloaded.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  7. Offline

Exodusek

i have problem with 100% usage cpu of this aplication on the start i don`t start server only gui
    older version works perfect

8. Offline

Kanshunin

Could you be more specific please...

Wich version ? (86 or 64)
    when is the usage at 100% ? when you just start the app? or did you press any buttons?

9. Offline

mrboese

IMPORTANT UPDATE of 2.0.0.1:

A script error prevents to open the "Show more" dialog in the scheduler:

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  10. Offline

Exodusek

sry

86 version when i start app and dont press any button app start with 100% cpu

[​IMG]

11. Offline

Kanshunin

Thats very odd, i dont have this issue. I recompiled the files and repacked it, you can try to redownload them and try again. use a clean version without configs, maybe this could solve the problem.

12. Offline

Exodusek

13. Offline

strato614

possible bug:
    with the x64 version of this i keep getting a pop-up window error message that says: cant execute this operation because the MCGUI plugin isnt installed or used. whenever i try to do something with the plugins or the players list. they doesn't show any plugins or connected players, however they can conect and the plugins are work as well.

14. Offline

Kanshunin

make sure that the extension plugin is enabled (options->miscellaneous->extension plugin)

strato614 likes this.
  15. Offline

strato614

that worked. thanks, you done a great job with this gui

16. Offline

mrboese

I cannot download the newst version. It says "please use the original url"

17. Offline

copyyou

Hello,
    first of all, im still using this gui because its so fantastic.
    i LOVE the backup system it helped me save my server like 20000 times or something.
    but now i would like to know if the gui is also compatible with winXP.
    because as far as i know, there's no diffrence between x64 and x86.
    Thanks,
    copyyou

18. Offline

Kanshunin

Hi,

its great to hear that you like the gui :)

The GUI should work on XP too, but there can be some errors within the message processing regarding the Jline messages on some XP mashines. I dont know really why this happens, but i have added a hack to the options->micceleanous. I dont know why bukkit uses this Jline Stuff, because it really sucks... and i dont have a clue why bukkit hevent released a good commandline interface so far...

By the way.. the backup process have a little error on saving backups. When the view of worlds isnt active, no worlds will be saved. I have fixed this issue, and it will be working in the next release. But in the meantime.. please make sure that you have activated the "Update Activities -> Worlds". in the main menu bar.

19. Offline

sysdrum

I like the system, the Webadmin page is top notch. Currently is there a way to show the active players on the server in the gui on the webadmin page?
    Also is there a way that I could add a small php/mysql for more then one user name or level on the webadmin?

20. Offline

Kanshunin

Hi,

The view of online/offline Players in the "Web-GUI" depends on the "Web-GUI" itself. The "Bukkit-Server-GUI" itself provides the online/offline data of players, and the "Classic Webinterface" will display this data tho. I havent used the version from "mrboese" recently, but i think it will display it also.. if not, you can contact him so he does some changes, or you can change the code by yourself. If you want to make a Webinterface for yourself, then take a look into the "server_client_messages.txt".

If your Webinterface is good, then send it to me, and i will release it in the new version of the GUI.

Currently there is no way of different user authenification or a seperate level of user restrictions within the gui. The Webinterface was initially planned as a simple way of remote controlling the GUI itself. Because of that i only have added a Username/Password combination.. The Webinterface itself dont use SSL, so username and passwords or other data will be send in plaintext, so be carefull where you use this Webinterface.

Maybe i will add some SSL functionality when i have more time, but i dont think that i will add different levels of useracces to it.

21. Offline

Kedama

Would be nice to be able to resize the window, I have a big resolution and I want to be able to make better use of it xD

Also, how can I make it autostart the server when I open it? I wanna make it start when Windows starts

22. Offline

Kanshunin

Currently there is no "Start with Windows" option available, because initially i wrote this project for my own server, wich is 24/7 online :) and there is not much to start. But i think will provide this option in the next version. In the meantime you can put a Shortcut of the Application to your Windows Autostart.

If you want to run the server at application start, you can create a task for it in the "Scheduler".

The App is not free scalabe, and i wont make it scalable, because its too time consuming. But if you need scalability at all costs, then you can use the Webinterface, because each browser is free scalable and in the most cases has a zoom function.

23. Offline

ryg

Hi, ich habe da ein sehr kurioses Problem, bei dem ich mir erhoffe, das es mit deinem Tool besser läuft.
    Ab und an tritt der Fall auf, das der Server einfach hängen bleibt und erst wieder reagiert, wenn ich im Konsolenfenster Enter drücke... Meißt immer dann, wenn sich ein Spieler ausloggt, kommt ein End of Stream Fehler.
    Drücke ich Enter, dann läuft das ganze weiter. Ich habe das Problem sowohl ohne als auch mit Plugins. Auch macht es keinen Unterschied wie viele Spieler oder ob Vanilla oder Bukkit.
    Meine Frage ist nun: Ich kann per Scheduler Zeitgesteuerte Events auslösen. Allerdings nur für Eine Zeit. Beispielsweise 18 Uhr.
    Auslösen will ich einfach nur beispielsweise "list". EInfach nur, damit der Server nen Anstoß bekommt und nicht mehr Hängt. Wäre es also möglich zu sagen, das er alle x Minuten einen Event auslöst? Oder bin ich einfach nur Blind und habe die Möglichkeit nicht gefunden? xD

Btw... Macht du das ganze per Process() und UserShellExecute?

Und nun mein Versuch das ganze in Englisch zu schreiben =D

Hi, i have a stupid problem with Bukkit an i hope your Program can help me.
    The BukkitServer hangs sometimes and reacts only if i klick enter in the server console. After this some EndOfStream errors apear. After this the Server is running normaly and the player can connect again.
    I dont know the reason of this error because i have the problem with bukkit and vanilla. With or without plugins.
    My Question:
    Can you implement, that i can enter a Case in Scheduler that run every x minutes? A "list" command as example. I hope i can bypass the "Hit Return in the Server-Main-Window to resume"-Problem.
    Thanks

ryg

24. Offline

Kanshunin

Hi,

deutsch ist schon ok, englisch ist aber besser damit die anderen die dieses Thread lesen bei den selben Problemen direkt nachlesen können :)

Dein Fehler hört sich nach dem JLine Problem an das bei einigen Pcs auftritt, insbesondere bei Windows XP.. Dazu habe ich einen Hack eingebaut unter (GUI Options->Micceleanous-> und dann ganz unten das häckchen für "Jline incompatibility within C# process-StandardInput patch" ankreuzen).

zusätzlich habe ich das auch nochmal etwas weiter oben erwähnt :)

>Btw... Macht du das ganze per Process() und UserShellExecute?
    Betriebsgeheimnis :)

-----------------------------
    Und hier nochmal auf englisch:

The error sounds like the JLine problem that occours on some mashines (especcially win xp). I have added a hack for this, you can find the option at (GUI Options->Micceleanous-> and then check the "checkbox" for "Jline incompatibility within C# process-StandardInput patch").

This issue is documented here too :)

>Btw... Are you using Process() and UserShellExecute?
    company secret :)

If it still doesnt work, then i will try to recreate the situation on my mashines and try to check on errors.

25. Offline

theloner

Hi Kanshunin,
    I'm using your Bukkit Server GUI for some time now and I really like it. :)
    I have a question though, under "Paths" in the "GUI options", I see "Custom memory String for Java" and "Custom String for Bukkit". May I know what is the use for this? Does it have to do with the text I used in my "run.bat" (the .bat file that I use to run the server without GUI initially)

This is what's inside "run.bat":

Echo OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit-1.2.5-R3.0.jar
    PAUSE

Sorry, I'm fairly new to Minecraft, so please help me. Thank you :)

26. Offline

Kanshunin

The "Custom memory String" is to set some options for the JVM. In the most cases you will set more memory, so that bukkit have enough space to work.. Yu can use "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M" in this text field. (wich should be set as a default in the bukkit servergui).

The secont text field "Custom String for Bukkit" is the same, but for bukkit options.. "if bukkit have some"...

You can see how the end result is concatinated at the "Current Java command startline". This text will change directly if you cahnge some of the other text fields. So you can see wich command will be used to start Bukkit.

theloner likes this.
  27. Offline

theloner

Oh alright, now I understood the program better. Thank you. :)
    And by the way, I realised I can't use the backup features (World/Players and Plugins). When I try to do that, I will get an error that says:
    "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Input string was not ina correct format."
    The things in "Details":

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
    at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
    at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
    at  .(Object , EventArgs )
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    BukkitServerGUI
    Assembly Version: 1.1.4454.18767
    Win32 Version: 1.1.4454.18767
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Lee%20Kok%20Teng/Downloads/Compressed/BSGUI_1.1.4454/BukkitServerGUI_64.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.276 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    w1w2mcck
    Assembly Version: 1.1.4454.18767
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    44u1t2cq
    Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
    Assembly Version: 0.86.0.518
    Win32 Version: 0.86.0.518
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Lee%20Kok%20Teng/Downloads/Compressed/BSGUI_1.1.4454/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Sorry for such long post.

28. Offline

Kanshunin

Hi, and sorry for the later answer.

You need to make sure that the backup folder is an absolute path, and also make sure that you put only numbers into the text fields regarding backup times. .. then it should work.. if not, then please tell me your settings and the exact click/write sequence you have used to provoke this error.

theloner likes this.
  29. I've just started using your GUI, and I cannot find one option. Until now I was just using command line, and my server was starting along with my Windows. I'd like to do the same with your GUI, but I cannot find the option to autostart server when GUI is being executed. I'm sorry if I'm blind, but is that option there?

30. Offline

Kanshunin

You can use the Scheduler. Just add a rule to run the bukkit server on application start

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.