Towny Configuration

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by shane3x, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

shane3x

Currently using Build git-Bukkit-0.0.0-456-g24221c2-b438jnks (MC: 1.3) with Essentials, GroupManager and Towny plugins installed.

Everything works fine (as far as I can gather) but when I was looking at how I could configure Towny on the website it doesn't provide as much clear information compared to the Essentials documentation.

I would like to know:
    • How to configure what stuff Towny adds to MOTD (with dynamic variables if possible such as town player belongs to etc...)
    • How to modify what commands are shown when you use the various town help commands (like how you can modify what rules are shown when you type /help with Essentials by adding your own help.txt)
    • If Essentials.eco can be used instead of iConomy and if not whether it will ever be supported
    • How to modify permissions for residents/mayors. I'll explain what I mean:
    Code:
    groups:

Default:
        default: true
        permissions: [essentials.spawn, essentials.motd, essentials.help, essentials.home,
          essentials.sethome]
        inheritance: []
        info:
          prefix: [Guest]
          build: false
          suffix: ''
    If a command/permission is not listed inside the groups permission field they cannot use the command. How can I do the same sort of thing for Towny "groups" (Hopefully they are seperate from normal groups. For example I could be a resident of a town and a member with build rights which gives me access to commands for both groups). I don't want all commands Residents and Mayors can use to be available to those groups.

*removed*

--- merged: Feb 25, 2011 3:39 AM ---
    I doubled checked the website/thread and the only additional configurations were a few permission nodes in the thread but none were any I actually needed. OP is updated.
    --- merged: Feb 25, 2011 5:30 AM ---
    If I don't make sense please ask for clarification.

2. Offline

fugue2005

essentials does not stop other /help requests, those plugins will still show all commands in /help

3. Offline

shane3x

I see. OP updated.

I can post additional .yml files from Essentials/Essentials Group Manager if needed.

Are there any issues with Towny and 1.3_01? It doesn't particularly address the OP but I guess it can't hurt to ask.

Hopefully I can find more permission.nodes besides the ones listed in the Towny thread.

Time to go over the config files again to see if it will shed any light.

Anyone?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  4. Offline

shane3x

I hope the plugin author can update his documentation site soon =/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.