Inactive [TP] Blue Telepads (v0.5.3) - Commandless (and multi-world!) Teleporation [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Specops343, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Offline

Specops343

Blue Telepads - Simple multi-world aware commandless two way teleportation pads [935]:
    Version: v0.5.3

Setup teleportation pads using a blue lapis block, four double slabs, a sign, and a pressure plate (per pad). Connect them by clicking on each pressure plate with redstone for commandless teleportation.

Video tutorial Soon!

Notes:
    • You should click on the pressure plates with redstone to link telepads, not on the signs (since ~v0.3)
    • You can specify the materials for the telepad by editing the "telepad_center" and "telepad_surrounding" config options and specifying an id for those blocks (you can use 0 for anything) <- delete config.yml or just append the options to get them
    • For an unlimited distance, specify 0 as the max distance
    Permissions nodes (if enabled, not by default):

BlueTelePads.Create
    BlueTelePads.Use

Download|Source(Jar)

Usage
    Usage (open)

Step 1 - Setup two telepads; fourth line of each sign should be the name for that telepad. (Note, the direction of the sign determines which way players will land when they teleport to that telepad!)
    [​IMG]
    Step 2 - While holding redstone, click one telepad's pressure plate, then click the other one.
    Step 3 - When you step on one Telepad, you will be sent to the other!

(Right click on a telepad sign to remove your stored location)

Changelog
    Version 0.5.3
    • Sign now determines the direction you end up facing
    Further Changelog (open)

Version 0.5.3​

• Sign now determines the direction you end up facing
    Version 0.5.2

• Added disable_teleport_message flag
    Version 0.5.1

• Player now lands on the receiving telepad instead of in front of it, and is facing the direction he is when he leaves
    Version 0.5

• Player now lands on the receiving telepad instead of in front of it, and is facing the direction he is when he leaves
    Version 0.5

• Added "telepad_center" and "telepad_surrounding" config options, so users can specify the id of the block to be used. 0 = anything
    Version 0.4.1

• Added 'disable_teleport_wait' true/false option in config.yml; this will disable the 'preparing to send you to' wait time when you step on the telepad.
    Version 0.4

• Bug fixes here and there
    • Fixed issue with long range telepads not linking
    • You can now reset a telepad for re-linking by breaking the pressure plate on top of it, then clicking on the lapis block with redstone. Then you can relink it!
    Version 0.3.2

• Fixed a few NPE, also added right clicking on telepads removes the stored location
    Version 0.3.1

• Changed name line on telepad signs to the 4th line
    Version 0.3

• Removed water effect, still working multi-world functionality, changed storage method for signs (for multiworld primarily), added permissions/op only support, added max_distance, added config file.
    Version 0.2

• Added timeout between ports, switched to sync instead of async events
    Version 0.1

• Initial update

Note: I am taking over updating this plugin from ne0nx3r0, who is stopping updating his plugins. For more info, see here.

Koutacles and Orcem12 like this.
  2. Offline

Orcem12

Hey there Spe :) Awesome plugin! Once I get Mulitworld this is the first plugin I'm using for it ;)

3. Offline

Steelstiletto

I really like how simple and easy this is. Especially that I can set up the permissions so that user's can't make them, and only the mods can create access to the different worlds.

~edit~
    When making the signs, does the fourth line have to be the same, so that the game knows which teleporters connect? Would it be possible to update so that you don't have to have a sign, but that whenever the same user activates two teleporters then those two are linked (if they have proper permissions and are using a redstone)?

4. Offline

Skirmisher

The fourth line doesn't have to be the same--"linking" the telepads by clicking them with redstone connects them. The fourth line is what will be displayed when you teleport to that pad from another pad ("Preparing to send you to <name>, stands still!")

5. Offline

Kuhruby

Any ETA on iConomy support? Thanks

6. Offline

Zippo

..I cant get it to work..

EDIT: Could someone help me out on my server? 69.28.250.66:25565

7. Offline

Xerial

Your Dropbox doesn't seem to be working. I can't download it. Mind making a mirror?

8. Offline

Specops343

sure, give me a moment.

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  9. Offline

Xerial

Once I restart the server, the telepads needs to be reset. I am using the plugin "WormHole X-Treme Worlds" for the additional worlds. It has auto-load on, however, once it restarts, I have to manually recalibrate it again. Which multi-world plugin do you use?

10. Offline

SwedishDude

How do you use this with multi-world?

11. Offline

Southpaw018

Feature request: economy integration (Register, perhaps? We use EssentialsEco) to require players to pay to teleport :)

Or...if you have this in Github, I'd be happy to do a pull request for you to merge in.

Edit: oops. Didn't see the earlier request for economy integration. Sorry about that. Still happy to submit a pull request if you have a Github repo!

12. Offline

dak393

Very nice plugin reminds me of cakepad :) So are you using the sign to store the connection teleporter location or are you using a hash map?

13. Offline

Specops343

I don't have a github, but i'm willing to get one, if you wouldn't mind giving me a bit of a hand. I have tried setting up egit unsuccessfully, so thats where im currently stuck :/ .

14. Offline

alfw

works in 1000?

15. Offline

Daelmorn

@Specops343
    does this work in 1k? also, I am kinda confused is it a crafted block or do you just build the pad? any chance we could get a tutorial?

16. Offline

Southpaw018

Sorry this took so long. I made a video tutorial:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1kXlahkwd4

17. Offline

Southpaw018

18. Offline

Southpaw018

Spec, I have decompiled BT's code and added Register economy integration. I'm still testing, and I'm going to wait to open a thread until you've been inactive a month (8/27) or unless I hear from you that you'd like to keep development, in which case I'll happily hand over the code.

Please let me know. :)

19. Offline

Zalastri

Please fix this! It's making people on my server invisible ;]

@Specops343

Can you possibly make a true/false option in the config to use the stoneslab across from the sign as the teleport destination? I ask because extremely low spec users will lag and then drop on to the telepad, getting sent back. Happens only to a few laggy people, but having them spawn on the stoneslab would mitigate it completely.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  20. Offline

Specops343

Awesome! Thank you. Once I get my main dev comp back, I will upload BT up to github, so we can just keep it going there. Thanks again! I do include all my sources in the jar tho haha :p

@Zalastri I will take a look into that for you, but like i said, i need my main comp in order to get eclipse :/

21. Offline

Southpaw018

*facepalm*

Well, glad you're still around and glad you'll be back soon :) Can't wait!

22. Offline

TTSDA

Awesome plugin, thanks :)

23. Offline

Southpaw018

@Specops343, how's the computer coming along? Do you have an ETA?

24. Offline

Specops343

wow, i seriously did not get this alert. I'm pushing BlueTelepads up to git as we speak.

@Southpaw018
    https://github.com/Specops343/BlueTelepads

25. Offline

TerrorBite

Any chance of SuperPerms support? I don't need it myself, but since it does support Permissions it should probably be upgraded.

26. Offline

Southpaw018

Uh...dude? I checked your code against ne0nx3r0's final so I could merge all three branches, and the only thing you've done in the two months since you took this plugin over is change the package name.

27. Offline

Specops343

Unfortunately, BlueTelepads has kind of been on the back burner for me as I've mostly been working on updates for Signshops and coding private plugins for my server. You are more than welcome to add register support. This week I will be updating BlueTelepads to work with Superperms and quite possibly, the feature @Zalastri wants.

28. Offline

Southpaw018

I've got both coded already, plus more. Going to post it to BukkitDev now.

Waiting for project approval at BukkitDev. Will post here when it's up.

[Version 1.0b1]
    • Initial public release
    • Yanked Permissions support (deprecated plugin)
    • Added Bukkit Superperms support
    • Added Register/Economy integration and free and pay teleport pads
    • Fixed bug where players could spawn multiple messages on a telepad
    • Major code cleanup
    • Exposed warmup and cooldown times as config options instead of hardcoding them
    • Added option to teleport players to slab across from sign instead of atop the pressure plate
    • Prevent signs from being broken

29. Offline

Southpaw018

Ugh. @Specops343, they denied the project because you are listed as the primary author. I honestly have an issue here, man. I waited for you for over a month, trying to do everything I could to be as patient as possible to respect you and your code, except you neglected to mention that you hadn't ever written any code. Now, I'm stuck, because I can't get approved on BukkitDev as the primary author without your approval...and to be 100% brutally honest? I don't want to put together ~15 hours of my work and 0 hours of yours and call it your plugin.

I'm not trying to start fights or drama. I just feel like you could have been a little more forthright with the status of the project. And I'm not sure how to proceed.