[TP][FUN] NetherPortal - Multi World Fast Travel with a challenge v0.6.10 [803]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by asdaarg, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

asdaarg

NetherPortal v0.6.11

New in Version 0.6.11:
    • Added NetherPortal.portal.use permission
    Description

I always thought things like random tping around that make the game too easy takes away the fun of playing, but in SSP fast travel constrained by 8x ratio rule was fun and reasonable advantage considering that you had to go through the nether a dangerous place to set up portals there, and if you wanted to make the travel safer you'd have to build or dig to make it safe. Unfortunately I have not seen a single plugin that does the following:

1. Fast travel (8x rule)
    2. Auto portal creation (i.e. when you go through a portal a portal is created at the destination that is linked to it)
    3. Multiworld

Well this plugin does. But it is also different from other plugins.

The challenging thing is of course how to match portals. One thing I did not like in SSP was portal hopping, making it possible to easily find caves by digging down in the nether and place a portal there , and travel ultra fast by placing portals where there was solid material on the nether side. One solution to this was creating airpockets and platforms as in NetherGate. While this preserves the 8x rule, it is a bit dangerous to use, since you can destroy things you've built, and alternatively it would make it difficult to program to avoid it.

The easy solution for me, which also adds a bit of challenge in setting up working portals, is that portals simply do not work if there is not air for the portal to be created in, the portal exits on both sides, and a platform for the portal and you to stand on when you exit it. So the challenge is to find a suitable location for a portal, but you can do it with the aid of a compass which gives a rough indication of the probability of there being a suitable location nearby, the closer the greater. The compass will also give you a guaranteed indication "X" that there is one solid block underneath and 5 air blocks above and one solid block underneath and at least 1 but at most 4 "_". The shape of the "X" indications in the following form:
    Code:
     XX
    XXXX
     XX

will guarantee that a portal can be constructed here, however if you have linked the world to more than 1 other world, readings from another world could interfere and you lose this guarantee, even though it is not likely to fail. Note, the exact size of the shape depends on the ratio between your world and the target world. If you are going to the nether from a normal world with default ratios (1 to 8) the shape is 8 times bigger. Note also that each indication then represent the entire 8x8x8 cube.
    If you are going to a higher or equal scale world, the portal has to be placed so the two bottom middle blocks reside within the two middle blocks of the shape.
    If you are going to a lower scale world, a special portal indication "N" "S" "W" or "E" is needed to guarantee that a portal can be placed, indicating the direction the other bottom middle block of the portal from the block you stand on (which is one of the bottom middle blocks).

To get any reading at all YOU HAVE TO LINK THE WORLDS using the WORLD LINK or WORLD TARGET commands for a one way link.

Here is a top down schematic view of all blocks needed on each level of a suitable location for a portal:
    Code:
      S  |  A  |  A  |  A  |  A  |  A
     SSS |  A  | AAA | AAA |  A  |  A
     SSS |  A  | AAA | AAA |  A  |  A
      S  |  A  |  A  |  A  |  A  |  A

y-1    y     y+1   y+2   y+3   y+4

Where S is solid i.e. non air block and A is air block.
    Full features list (open)

• Portals that simply work, no strange glitches or random suffocations happening. Place a block in front of the portal exit and it will refuse to teleport you.
    • Fast travel (8x rule like in single player, but ratio adjustable)
    • Auto-portal-creation at destination, so you can go back, like in single player
    • Multiworld support - create or import any number of worlds, nether or normal.
    • Permissions/Group manager support (optional)
    • Iconomy support (optional) - set the cost of portal usage
    • The (now optional) challenge to find a suitable location for a portal using compass
    • The option to create portals destructively (air pocket and platform creation)
    • The option to link any portal to any other, one way or two way.
    • Basic safe teleportation commands-adjusting to prevent fall damage and suffocation
    • Eternal night in the nether - good bye blue sky!
    • Worlds can link/target each other to allow fast travel auto portal creation and compass reading
    • Deconstruct portals faster - destroy one block and all will drop.
    • Anti-obsidian farming auto-created portals.
    • Configurable commands
    • And more.. see full list of commands

Commands (open)

Code:
    fullsearch <target world>                searches a 400x400 area around you of suitable portal locations to target world
    fullsearch <target world> <size>         same as above but you can specify the area size
    teleport <world>                         teleports you to worldname to the corresponding coordinate
    teleport <world> <x> <y> <z>             teleports you to worldname to specified coordinate
    location                                 lists your corresponding coordinates in each world
    world create <world> <environment>       creates or imports world of type environment (normal or nether)
    world remove <world>                     removes a world (does not delete it)
    world ratio <world name> <ratio>         sets the ratio of the world (nether is 8 by default and normal is 1)
    world center                             centers the world at the spot you stand (0,64,0 by default)
    world list                               lists all loaded worlds
    world link <world1> <world2>             link together 2 worlds (i.e. both target each other)
    world settarget <world1> <world2>        world1 targets world2 - allows fast travel auto created portals and readings from world2.
    world detarget <world1> <world2>         removes world2 from world1's target list
    portal link <portal1> <portal2>          link together 2 portals (i.e. both target each other)
    portal settarget <portal1> <portal2>     portal1 targets portal2 - stepping into portal1 teleports you to portal2
    portal detarget <portal>                 set portal points to null i.e. nowhere
    portal name <portal>                     sets name of portal you last stepped through
    portal punch through to <world>          auto creates a portal in world for the latest entered portal and with air pocket and platform if necessary
    portal list                              lists all portals in current world and their locations and targets worlds and locations
    portal setcost <cost>                    set the iconomy cost of portal you last entered
    teleport adjust                          change configuration of command based teleport to not adjust you on y axis to avoid fall damage or suffocation
    teleport to potral <portal>              teleports you to a named portal.
    world target list                        lists the target worlds of a world
    setspawn                                 moves spawn point to current location

config.txt (open)

alwayspunchthrough - sets whether to punch through to a target world automatically when you enter the portal
    tpadjust - sets whether teleportation y coordinate is adjusted so you do not take fall damage or suffocate
    respinnormal - respawn in last normal world you were in, when you die in nether
    artificialportal - workaround for portal not teleporting you when it reports the portal block to be air
    cooldown - number of milliseconds it takes for a portal to work again
    compass - the item id of the compass
    noYscale - whether Y scaling (up/down) should be used or not.

Permissions (open)

NetherPortal.fullsearch
    NetherPortal.world.remove
    NetherPortal.teleport
    NetherPortal.world.create
    NetherPortal.world.ratio
    NetherPortal.world.center
    NetherPortal.world.list
    NetherPortal.location
    NetherPortal.world.link
    NetherPortal.world.settarget
    NetherPortal.world.detarget
    NetherPortal.portal.setcost
    NetherPortal.portal.link
    NetherPortal.portal.settarget
    NetherPortal.portal.detarget
    NetherPortal.portal.name
    NetherPortal.portal.punch.through.to
    NetherPortal.portal.list
    NetherPortal.portal.use
    NetherPortal.teleport.adjust
    NetherPortal.teleport.to.potral
    NetherPortal.world.target.list
    NetherPortal.setspawn
    NetherPortal.portal.create
    NetherPortal.portal.destroy

Downloads (open)

Todo (open)

• Fix portal not lit on the other side at times (is this happening at all anymore? a bukkit issue that got resolved?)
    Done and will be in next update:

Changelog (open)

Changelog:
    Version 0.6.11:
    • Added config option noYscale, is false by default. It removes scaling factor on Y axis.
    Version 0.6.10:
    • Fixed /world remove not being called
    • World remove now removes the world from MC server without needing a restart.
    Version 0.6.9:
    • Added NetherPortal.portal.use permission
    Version 0.6.8:
    • Updated iConomy support to iConomy5
    • Added compass config option for changing the id of the compass
    Version 0.6.7:
    • Fixed inaccurate teleportation when portal exit is on different axis than entrance
    • Fixed portal names not being loaded into lookup table at startup.
    Version 0.6.6:
    • Fixed scrambled portals on reload when there is at least one portal without target
    Version 0.6.5:
    • Removed nag about some old event that i imported
    • Fixed singly linked portals not being loaded correctly
    Version 0.6.4:
    • portals will not break other portals when punching through, they will "angrily spit you out" on autopunchthrough
    • cooldown option for setting how long time til a portal can be used again
    • defaults to ops only when permissions is not present
    • autocreation of config file
    • uses NSCommand now
    Version 0.6.3:
    • bug fixed old portal names remaining after being renamed
    • All portals are now given auto-generated unique names until renamed. No more indistinguishable "null"s
    • Portals can no longer be given a non-unique name
    • Right clicking a portal gives info about it as well as selects it, in the same way walking through it does.
    Version 0.6.2
    • Updated for 617
    • Fixed broken permissions
    • Removed debug messages
    • Added permissions NetherPortal.portal.create and NetherPortal.portal.destroy so you can control who can create and destroy portals
    Version 0.6.1
    • Backward incompatible support for #602 (bukkit api changed so can't help it. You can use the previous version for #556 - nothing else changed)
    Version 0.6
    • Iconomy support: portal setcost <cost> (all portals are free when iconomy is not running) Backward compatible savefile format change to accomodate cost
    • Portals are no longer auto constructed on water, lava or any other player walkable materials
    • Portals now accepts player walkable materials as portal exits (but they will not show on indication still, which only looks for air)
    • Portals are no longer auto constructed in place of active portals (although they can still be constructed on inactive portals)
    • Fixed embarassing bug causing nonsensical indication. It should make a whole lot more sense now.
    • Fixed faulty target location is not safe messages
    • Fixed teleportation to bottom of world when using tpadjust when location is solid.
    • Fixed dropped air blocks on collapse causing client to crash
    Version 0.5.5
    • Teleportation to nonexisting world causes nullpointer exception bug (harmless but pollutes your server log) fixed
    • Portal frame corner blocks drops obsidian blocks on collapse when corner blocks are not obsidian bug fixed
    • Artificial Portal block (the workaround for bukkit portal is air block error) remaining after collapse bug fixed
    • Artificial Portal blocks configurable off by default. Put "artificialportal=true" in config.txt to turn it on.
    Version 0.5.4
    • If you die in the nether you respawn in last normal world you were in. Can be turned off by putting CFGrespinnormal=false in config.txt
    • command setspawn will set the location to current location
    Version 0.5.3
    • Permissions no longer required to have a config file
    Version 0.5.2
    • workaround for portal block said to be air (randomly stops working until server restarted - bukkit issue)
    • debug messages removed
    • fixed portal creation on too high or low altitude
    • fixed linking worlds is being only oneway
    • changed indications of 80000 to X and 70000 to _
    Version 0.5.1
    • Added alwayspunchthrough config option
    Version 0.5
    • Command for Air pocket and platform creation portals for lazy people
    • Command for teleporting to a portal
    • Configuration to adjust command based teleportation target y wise to avoid suffocation or fall damage, default is on, but can be changed in configuration file
    • Command to change the above configuration on the fly
    • Command to list all portals in current world and their locations
    • removing any block of a portal result in the portal to collapse and are thereby removed from list of registered portals
    • A portal that collapses, drops all of it obsidian blocks unless it was autocreated
    • Autocreated portal collapse when untargetted
    • Autocreated portals cannot change target
    Version 0.4
    • Symmetric Portal creation criteria
    • Portal linking feature - link individual portals
    • Configurable commands
    • Commands and permissions changed
    • World linking feature - link worlds rather than all worlds being directly accessible to each
    • worlds not saved when world created or imported fixed along with some other world related commands
    • Somewhat more useful search function for higher ratio to lower ratio worlds
    Version 0.3.2
    • fullsearch no longer teleports you but lists all locations
    • fullsearch allows specification of size and default changed to 400x400
    • proper colouring of text
    • np location displays corresponding locations in all worlds
    • indication no longer displays location
    • indication no longer displays two kinds of it
    Version 0.3.1
    • Save files to keep data on how portals are linked (needed for x8 to x1)
    • x8 to x1 auto portal creation finally working
    Version 0.3
    • workaround for "Player moved wrongly" bug.
    • moon higher up now updating every 2 hours (72 seconds your time) rather than 8
    • More output, less guessing
    • Fixed some permission names
    • Fixed always displaying indication 0 [0,0(0)] before any interaction with a newly loaded
    • Reverted to 8x8x8 rather than 8x1x8 even though it means only 1/8 of the nether is within reach of a 1x1x1 world. Since 8x1x8 makes readings make less sense.
      world
    • Compass starts moving erratically and spin on full indication
    • np tp <world> <x> <y> <z>
    • np fullsearch <target world>
    Version 0.2
    • set ratio fixed.
    • Normal worlds have a default ratio of 1 and nether default 8.
    • Auto-created portals are now lit (apparently problems with it still)
    • Improved long range search giving readings inverse square proportional to manhattan distance
    • Eternal night in the nether - good bye blue sky!
    Version 0.1
    • Initial Release

Donate (Not necessary but appreciated)

Hrdkr, harakiwi and Maxwolf Goodliffe like this.
  2. Offline

Incendia

How can it tell if there's an empty space if you haven't been to the nether yet and generated those chunks? :confused: Otherwise this looks really nice for a near-vanilla nether setup

Edit: the compass thing conflicts with worldedit's teleporting compass (it does both right click funcs), np create does nothing, and all the compass ever says is "Indication0"

3. Offline

asdaarg

I'm not sure, but there were chunks there and I got indications on my compass, built the portal and got there. I guess it does generate chunks near spawn when you create the world, but I'm not sure if it does further away querying a block. If it doesn't I might be able to have it do anyway, I recall there was some function like that in the API. Yes, it is suppose to be like in vanilla with fast travel but even better without the portal hopping thing.
    It was suppose to be left clicking at first, but I just had to do something to see if it works. I will be changing it anyway so you will get a direct reading on the compass instead without clicking. Maybe one left click hitting the compass on an obsidian block to allow it to get readings or something and shaking it to stop getting readings. The searching function is very minimal especially with 1:1 ratio, do it may be hard to get readings, but I will change that. On the other hand you shouldn't have to walk much to get readings in 1:1 ratio, If nothing else building a 1x1 tower will usually get you readings at some point. np create should work, but is rather silent about it atm, something I will fix. If you did not import a world, you should be seeing that folder created. Otherwise there is a command "np list" which shows what worlds there are.[/quote]

4. Offline

Incendia

Yea I'm an OP and have full * permissions, '/np create nether' doesn't do anything..

/np list does list 'world' though.

Edit: Ah, looks like I had to '/np create nether nether'

Though the indications are still broken:

Indication0

Indication2

Edit2:

I got Indication4, so I made a portal, lit it, and tried to talk through it. Nothing happened. Instead, this spammed the console:

Code:
    11:15:28 [INFO] ö
    11:15:28 [INFO] ä
    11:15:28 [INFO] a
    11:15:28 [INFO] c-112,72,118
    11:15:28 [INFO] e
    11:15:28 [INFO] EAIR
    11:15:28 [INFO] f
    11:15:28 [INFO] g
    11:15:28 [INFO] ö
    11:15:28 [INFO] a
    11:15:28 [INFO] c-112,72,118
    11:15:28 [INFO] e
    11:15:28 [INFO] EAIR
    11:15:28 [INFO] f
    11:15:28 [INFO] g
    11:15:30 [INFO] ö
    11:15:30 [INFO] ä
    11:15:30 [INFO] a
    11:15:30 [INFO] c-112,72,118
    11:15:30 [INFO] e
    11:15:30 [INFO] EAIR
    11:15:30 [INFO] f
    11:15:30 [INFO] g
    11:15:30 [INFO] ö
    11:15:30 [INFO] a
    11:15:30 [INFO] c-112,72,118
    11:15:30 [INFO] e
    11:15:30 [INFO] EAIR
    11:15:30 [INFO] f
    11:15:30 [INFO] g
    11:15:31 [INFO] ö
    11:15:31 [INFO] ä
    11:15:31 [INFO] a
    11:15:31 [INFO] c-112,72,118
    11:15:31 [INFO] e
    11:15:31 [INFO] EAIR
    11:15:31 [INFO] f
    11:15:31 [INFO] g
    11:15:31 [INFO] ä

5. Offline

asdaarg

Oops, my bad with np.create, <environment> parameter missing there.
    Yes, those are the debug messages... From the looks of it, there is not a complete solid platform for the portal to stand on or for you to stand on when you exit it. You have to check for indication 4s in a shape as illustrated in the first figure. Btw you can use np tp nether, to teleport there and check if the platform is complete, and place and remove blocks if needed.

6. Offline

toffo

Just some testing notes.. :)

- Creating the portal should announce something to the player before it starts the creation? Could be nice perhaps..

- When I first teleported to the nether I was placed on top of the world, block level 129.. That should be possible to circumvent in future teleports, right? ;)

- Teleporting back to my normal world doesn't seem to work? My world name is world_city and only that pops out in the server console. Nothing is said to the user and nothing happens, like I tried a command that doesn't exist.

- Before I downloaded I thought we would be able to create a normal portal and go through it somehow, that isn't the case here right? Otherwise I've done something wrong ;)

- In my normal world the compass doesn't say anything else than 0 figures. Could it be a conflict of using WorldEdit? In the nether I get figures like this 700000 [24,1800(53)] .. Doesn't give me much info, but it's at least more than in my normal world :)

I run the following plugins successfully;
    - Dynmap
    - Essentials
    - Permissions 2.5
    - WorldEdit
    - WorldGuard
    - Bukkit Flow Control

and this plugin of course, NetherPortal

Oh, and I know this is something that you probably can't fix.. But I see the moon while in the Nether ;)

7. Offline

asdaarg

Not sure what you mean, the portal is created on the other side. Should it say "A portal was created on another world"?
    That's probably due to the "Player moved wrongly" bug (in bukkit, not my plugin) but I've made a workaround for the upcoming update that should work. If you are using the np tp command, it is impossible to avoid the bug without delaying it to the next player initiated move, which is what I've done for now until its fixed in bukkit.
    I know, its a bit silent now, but I'll add some notices in the next update.
    You're suppose to create a portal yes, but it only works under the conditions I've specified in my first post. This isn't suppose to be a random tp anywhere kind of plugin, but there is still the np tp command that does that.
    I encountered this problem too, and it might be because the chunks have not generated there yet, because if you tp once to the nether and come back, it starts working.
    Yes, although I guess I could make it less likely to be seen by keeping it away from the horizon. Anyways thanks for your input.

8. Offline

toffo

Didn't say anything of that to me, either in the console or to the player.

That would be nice ;) But the fact the portal on the nether side doesn't take you back to the normal world, is that something that doesn't work either? Or perhaps I should restart the server before that works?

Like for this;
    I haven't tried this, but I surely will tomorrow! Perhaps that will fix the problem on the above thing as well, for the portal not working..?

That is exactly what I'm after, that you're supposed to create a portal :D I just thought it would be created automatically when I used the "/np create" command. But creating the portal ourselves is a lot better and I didn't think of that at first, I guess ;)

Yeah that's a great idea, perhaps keep it mid-sky or something?

Well it was a pleasure, first time I was in the nether on a SMP server so that was kind of interesting :)
    Keep up the good work!

9. Offline

asdaarg

Well, I was asking you a question, but I think I see now what you meant, np create does not construct a portal, it creates or imports a world. E.g. if you type np create mynether nether, it will create a world called mynether with type nether (and now it's actually responding with something so you know it).
    The v0.2 update was rather buggy. More bugs than the first since I turned on default ratios. Should be mostly if not all fixed in the next update, which is almost done now. Btw, this bug was actually my own fault, I just fixed it now, and should work immediately after you create (or import) the world.
    Absolutely, it wouldn't be fun otherwise :D
    Done :)

10. Offline

toffo

Oh sorry, I guess I was too sleepy yesterday ;) Yeah, that was what I thought of, that it says it has created a new world, or portal in another world.. It's only the first time you run it that it's needed though, but still :) Or well, if you create more worlds, but I guess most will only use one of each..? I surely will ;)

So, I long for the update and will try it out as soon as you get it online! :)

11. Offline

asdaarg

I was going to release it yesterday but after changing back to 8x8x8, I had to change around some code and testing it takes a while. It will probably be up within in an hour or so unless I just created more bugs.

12. Offline

toffo

Hehe no problems, don't rush it :) I'll be around for another 10 hours or so ;)

13. Offline

asdaarg

Well, its finally up, after fixing a whole bunch of bugs related to differing ratios :)

14. Offline

T4L_Goose

So how exactly does this work? Do I need to run another server parallel to my dedicated server and have it run a nether world? Or can this work with one server? Also, what exactly do I need to run this plugin?

15. Offline

asdaarg

All worlds are run on one server, you just use the np create command to create or import worlds into your server e.g.:
    "np create mynether nether"
    No other plugins are required, although if you want to control who is allowed to use which commands you need permissions or group manager's fake permissions.

16. Offline

T4L_Goose

So does this mod just change the world your server is running? Or can you be in the nether world, on the same server, while other people are playing on the normal world at the same time?

17. Offline

asdaarg

You can be on the nether world while others are on the normal on the same server, and they are separate worlds, so you wont run into each other except by walking through portals. You can also make any number of nether or normal worlds, or import any worlds you or others played on before including in single player.

18. Offline

toffo

Time for me to test out the latest, got too busy yesterday.. I didn't think of normal worlds, that I will surely try out as well =D

But, that won't work with normal nether portals right? You must use the /np tp command then, or am I wrong?
    I guess I'll find out soon enough ;)
    [MERGETIME="1299677927"][/MERGETIME]
    Well, just tried 0.3.2 and I get the following message;

Code:
    14:35:13 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins/NetherPortal.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:69)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:159)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:107)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:59)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
            at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
            at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:131)
            at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:150)
            at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:114)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:56)
            ... 8 more

I tried it both with the absolute latest I could get, version 522
    14:36:18 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-506-g4e9d448-b522jnks (MC: 1.3)

and with my previous version, 493
    14:37:22 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-493-g8b5496e-b493jnks (MC: 1.3)

I get the same error with both versions. I hope I'm not doing anything wrong on my side ;)
    It seems that it wants to unzip something, is it missing some zipping program on the server side perhaps? (linux)

19. Offline

asdaarg

You either got the jar file corrupted (e.g. didn't download fully) or more probably just downloaded the rapidshare page, since that is not a direct link. The portals should work with both normal and nether worlds. /np tp is just there for debugging purposes and for those who can't be bothered to find a place and build a portal.

20. Offline

ThePengu

I created "nether" a world already created using multiverse
    Then created a portal with at a block space around it.
    Trying to enter the portal gives the message
    "This portal refuses to teleport you"
    Is this a conflition with Multiverse or a problem with my permissions?

Edit: My bad! I herped and derped and built a portal in an unsuitable location.

Edit: Ok i spent ages searching for possible location but to no avail. The compass thing was confusing I diddnt get a reading over 12000 which diddnt seem high enough to allow portals to work.
    In the end I teleported to the nether (centre) and then found a location near the centre the read 80000 so i presumed that meant it was a prime location for a portal.

Built a portal, lit it, went in and got dropped from the sky back in the normal world killing me.
    No portal was created.
    Could there be an option to force a safe zone? ie the old method of creating portals, for admins and people having trouble location portal locations.

Edit: Ok now even when the compass says 80000 I still cannot use portals
    "This portal refuses to teleport you"

21. Offline

T4L_Goose

I'm afraid that I don't understand the compass thing either.

22. Offline

asdaarg

80000 means basically that there is a solid block underneath and 5 air blocks on top on the corresponding spot in one of the other worlds. To guarantee that the portal will work you can simply find a shape 80000 in the form:
    Code:
     X
    XXX
    XXX
     X

However this shape is 8 times bigger if the ratio is 8 (which is by default from normal to nether.) In addition although this will be fixed in the next update so you don't have to worry about it, the portal has to be constructed on the side where your coordinate on the axis the portal is aligned with is smaller.
    There is always the fullsearch command if you want to try it out without the hassle finding a suitable location.

23. Offline

uoi100

okay typing /np create <world> <environment> can be used for importing worlds. So I type in /np list and the new world is there and all. After I restart my server and type /np list, the new world is gone. Looking at the console there are two text files that should be part of NetherPortal: np_portals.txt and np_worlds.txt. After creating them I have no clue on what I should type in there to make them work.

24. Offline

asdaarg

My bad, it doesn't update the saves doing /np create. Only initial walk through and teleportation of portals does it so far. You can get back your world with np create again, since it just imports it.

25. Offline

Kelarik

Firstly, I love the sound of this plugin, especially the fact that it won't slice through my existing structures when coming back from the Nether. Plus a game of Hot and Cold is always a nice way to kill time. One thing I am confused about, though, is this:

By my understanding, does that mean that an area of Indication: 80000 is effectively 32x32 and you need to find the centre of it to throw up a portal to the Nether?

Edit to add suggestion: A command to toggle the 'dig out an area around the portal' to make it easier to throw up that first one. From what I understand, it's a lot easier to find the sweet spot coming back than it is getting into the Nether in the first place.

26. Offline

Incendia

WTB an actual download link. One that I can wget from (like the first one).
    rapidshare is one of the worst.

27. Offline

uoi100

okay I have three worlds: worldA, worldB and NetherWorld. I created a portal in worldB that takes me to the NetherWorld. After entering the NetherWorld and then using the same portal I came from. I ended up in worldA instead of worldB. Am I doing something wrong? And also I dunno if its possible, but can you make a command that can link to specific portals? And also name portals so you can do /np namePortal <PortalName> and then you can use a command such as /np linkPortals <Portal 1> <Portal 2> to link the portals together.

Edit ( March, 10, 2011) : Sorry the portals work now, I somehow had another nether plugin installed on my server which created conflicts lol.

28. Offline

asdaarg

24x32 except the corners 8x8s. If you however get 80000 within one 8x8 square then it means of course 80000 throughout the whole square. If you put a portal exactly in the center it should work. You notice there are two 8x8 squares at the center of the shape, likewise the center of the portal is the 2 bottom squares, and the lesser coordinate of the two has to match up. This will however change in the next update to make more sense. i.e. Now:
    Code:
                   XXXX
    x or z grows   X  X      x or z shrinks
    <-----         X  X      ----->
                   XXAX
    01234567012345670BBBBBBBB1234567

A has to be on B
    Next update:
    Code:
                   XXXX
    x or z grows   X  X      x or z shrinks
    <-----         X  X      ----->
                   XAAX
    01234567BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB1234567

AA has to be on BB
    Yes, since coming back there is large number of ways in which the portal could be auto constructed. I suppose I could add the dig out area feature although it wont come with any safety measures.[/quote]
    I would if I someone could suggest where to upload, and I don't want to install some cloud app like dropbox just to do that.

Sure.

29. Offline

T4L_Goose

Why do I only get "Indication: 0" now? It was working in the last update.

30. Offline

uoi100

Code:
    15:46:27 [INFO] Chunk (-4, -16) stored at  (-1, -19)
    15:46:27 [INFO] net.minecraft.server.Chunk
    15:46:27 [SEVERE] java.lang.Throwable
    15:46:27 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.b(ChunkProvi
    derServer.java:117)
    15:46:27 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.c(World.java:202)
    15:46:27 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.getTypeId(World.java:145)
    15:46:27 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.BlockStationary.a(BlockStationar
    y.java:56)
    15:46:27 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.h(World.java:1503)
    15:46:27 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.g(World.java:1434)
    15:46:27 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:348)
    15:46:27 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:272)
    15:46:27 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:366)
    I think you made a mistake somewhere because my console is now spamming these messages.