[INACTIVE] Pinapp v0.3 - uber lightweight multiworld management and warping [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by codename_B, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Offline

codename_B

Pinapp
    "Pinapp is not a portal plugin"

[​IMG]

v0.3 - 6kb

Download
    Source

About:
    This plugin was created when I wasn't 100% happy with any portal plugin implementation, either they involved silly amounts of config, had expensive player listeners, or just didn't make sense. This plugin I feel provides (without portals) the ability to do custom warps to any world, and allows set "WARP" zones in a server, as well as giving players the freedom to create their own.

Configuration:
    worldname:
    env: "ENVTYPE FOR WORLD"
    mat: "BLOCKTYPE FOR PORTAL"

Example: plugins/Pinapp/config.yml
    Code:
    world:
       env: "Normal"
       mat: "Obsidian"
    nether:
       env: "Nether"
       mat: 14
    skylands:
       env: "Skylands"
       mat: 57

bukkit.yml
    Code:
    worlds:
         world:
             generator: Bananapocalypse

Commands:
    /warp
    /w
    /pinapp

- warps the player to the world configured by whatever they blocktype they are standing on.
    - only warps the player if the Material has been configured in config.yml

FAQ:
    -iConomy/Permissions?
    Perhaps, I may release a plugin which works along with this plugin in order to add iConomy and Permissions if there is a great enough demand for it.
    -Custom worldgens?
    Yes! There is no support for custom worldgens explicit in this plugin, but through use of bukkit.yml you can specify a custom worldgen for any world created by this plugin.
    -Nether/Skylands?
    Yes! This is already in the plugin, just specify the environment in config.yml
    -The /warp command conflicts with X plugin!
    Multiple commands have been provided for this plugin, they all do the same thing. Simply remove the conflicting commands from the plugin.yml of this plugin, and use one of the alternative commands in order to do your warping.

Portal ideas:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Changelog:
    -0.1 - 16/07/2011 - released plugin
    -0.2 - 16/07/2011 - added ability to use ID or Material ENUMS in config.yml
    -0.3 - 21/07/2011 - added /warp spawn command to take you to that worlds spawn

2. Offline

RazorFlint

Very nice! Tip: Move the "about" Section to the top so we know what its about first! :D

3. Offline

codename_B

Done, thanks for the tip!

4. Offline

RazorFlint

No probs man :)

5. Offline

Plague

title was missing version, added, please keep it updated

6. Offline

NuclearW

Title missing world "Banana"

Interesting approach to warping, though, I'll certainly give it a go.

7. Offline

codename_B

Thanks Plague - I spent so long NOT centering the text there that I completely forgot :p
    Please let me know how you get on - I also have it live on my test server for you to muck about with.
    bananacode.minecrafton.com

EDIT: added screenshots of example portals/pads that can be used to hop between worlds.

@ChrizC - requesting a video to be made of this plugin :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  8. Offline

codename_B

updated to 0.3

9. Offline

noahwhygodwhy

needs a tad bit more description, but looking good so far.
    edit
    if i was to use banana cake town as a world generator, how would i type that in?

10. Offline

codename_B

Use bukkit.yml - what more description does this need?

11. Offline

noahwhygodwhy

this is my bukkit.yml, atleast the world area:
    did i do something wrong?
    edit
    i do have 4 spaces before smallworld: and 8 before generator: just doesn't show it.

12. Offline

Darq

Your bukkit.yml is fine. Go into the config file you have for pinapp, and you probably have this filled in:
    Code:
    smallworld:
       env: "smallworld"
       mat: 2
    Or BananaCakeTown in place of the 'env' arguement. Just delete the entire 'env' line, because it is not needed, that's what the bukkit.yml is for. Just set the name and material, however make sure the name is the same as you have it set in the bukkit.yml. When you start your server, the world will generate, and you'll be able to warp to it.

**Edit: @codename_B I expect many thank you's. >.>

13. Offline

codename_B

Code:
    smallworld:
       mat: 2

14. Offline

Darq

I replied with what I did which seemed to work gloriously!

15. Offline

codename_B

You'll notice I changed "env: smallworld" to "env: Normal"

16. Offline

Darq

@codename_B
    You'll notice that I wasn't replying with what I used, I was replying with what HE was using that was probably failing horribly. Replying that with "env: Normal" with his bukkit.yml would just create a normal world when you warp to it.

I'm also very new to this and I'll be quick to post the first thing that works for me.

Edit. And wow, I clearly should have tested that.

17. Offline

codename_B

Code:
    world:
        mat: "Obsidian"
    nether:
        env: "Nether"
        mat: 14
    skylands:
        env: "Skylands"
        mat: 57

The only valid arguments for env are "Normal", "Nether", or "Skylands". I don't know where you got the idea that anything else would work - if you put anything else - I've put in idiot checking that makes it default to normal, but I could always remove that if it's giving the impression that putting other things works, and just have it crash instead.

18. Offline

Darq

Ah, alright. I figured what you put inside the 'env' was just what decided the land generator. But I was clearly false there. I now see that the environment has literally nothing to do with the land generation. As I just set the environment to Nether, and now I'm in a very dark, scary, ghast filled cake land. Sorry for that.

19. Offline

codename_B

Hehehe XD screenshots? :p

duhfux likes this.
  20. Offline

Darq

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TienSon likes this.
  21. Offline

Darq

Great plugin by the way, using it paired up with StarGate, simply because I did need some sort of restriction, works wonderfully.

22. Offline

Wesley211

Hey
    How come when i do /w(arp) on a item, and warp to a world, but when i get in that world i start under the ground & get killed. Sometimes i warp at the right position (on the ground), but sometimes its just under it so i die & get kicked?

23. Offline

codename_B

I don't know. Perhaps you could give me more detail about the world you are trying to warp to?

24. Offline

Wesley211

It is just a flat world. And if im right: it should warp you to a different world, at the same coörds your staying when you warp, right?

25. Offline

codename_B

That's correct. I do specific checks to make sure there's a safe spawnpoint - so if it's not working I need to update my checks.

Do you have a server I could visit to test this?

26. Offline

Wesley211

Yes i do, but only thing is: you need hamachi.. I didnt port-forward my server (running it on my computer)

27. Offline

codename_B

Ah ok - I don't give support to people running hamachi.

28. Offline

kahlilnc

Ooo looks nice. :D I want multiple worlds when my server is back up.

29. Offline

andreblue

it didnt make the config. Do i need to add it my self?

30. Offline

codename_B

Mhm.