[TP] RandomPort v1.0 - A New Adventure Every Time [935]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Kevin Forte, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Offline

Kevin Forte

RandomPort: A New Adventure Every Time
    ~Version: 1.0~
    Download: [JAR]

I wanted an adventure/survival world for my server, but after the world was created I realized that people would be exploring the same place over and over, building everywhere, and basically defeating the purpose of a world strictly for surviving and exploring. Therefore, I made this plugin that, on command, teleports a player to a completely random location (up to 5000 blocks away) in the current world. That way, they will never (or rarely), see the same place twice.

Commands:
    • /randtp ~ Teleports a player to a random location after a 10 second countdown timer. (This is necessary to allow the chunk the player is teleporting to to load beforehand, to make sure the player does not fall into the void).
    Permissions:
    • 'RandomPort.use' ~ Allows a player to use the command.
    Known Bugs:
    • My biggest issue with this was the player falling into the void after teleporting, but I haven't had this issue in a while after Many tests. Let me know if it reoccurs.
    • The use the /randtp command seems to hold up command usage for a few seconds afterward.
    Changelog:
    v1.0
    • Initial Release.

Noppoly, woodzy and wassilij like this.
  2. Offline

SPACEDUDE360000

When you teleport to a random place does it check for hazards like spawning inside a block, cacti, water, lava, etc.?

3. Offline

Kevin Forte

You won't spawn in lava, it spawns you on the surface. I have yet to spawn in a cacti, but I have spawned up in a tree and underwater.

4. Offline

SPACEDUDE360000

If it doesn't check for lava you could still spawn in lava because of the rare aboveground lava pools. But anyway spawning in a tree probably isn't comfortable.

5. Offline

Kevin Forte

Yeah, I have to find a more definitive way of making sure the area is safe.

6. Offline

wassilij

Good plugin!

My players are fallen sometimes in the void .. but i solved the problem with WorldGuard:
    For all without WorldGuard: Use the Plugin "ItemVoid" ;)

7. Offline

Kevin Forte

Man, I tried so hard to avoid that xD Good to know that WorldGuard has me covered though.

wassilij likes this.
  8. Offline

WayGroovy

So far I really like this plugin. Does it TP you to +/- 5000 of the origin, or from your current location?

9. Offline

Kevin Forte

Current location, and thanks :)

10. Offline

wassilij

Could you add a cooldown and a sign function?

Like in the second line of a sign: [RandomPort], and right click and boom .. you was random teleported ;)

Charant likes this.
  11. Offline

Kevin Forte

I can do that :p

12. Offline

WayGroovy

I walked/flew out to 10,000/10,000 and /randtp'd and wound up at 1848/221 x/z.

13. Offline

Kevin Forte

I'm confused about what you're telling me xD

14. Offline

Valiant

Yea this idea is prime. Sign function would make this even more awesome for my survival server where players have to walk to get most of their extra functions.... otherwise people are TPing and warping and everything else all over the place :/

15. Offline

WayGroovy

earlier i asked you if it teleported the player in relation to their current location or the origin. You said it teleported players relative to their current location. I walked to 10,000 10,000 because if it teleported me closer to 0,0 than 5,000 5,000 then it doesn't teleport you relative to your current location, but relative to the origin.

16. Offline

sfxworks

Very nice. This is exactly what I was looking for. 1 thing. Can you make it so that a user can step on a woodenpressureplate to trigger this? Another thing, can you make it so that they wont spawn in water? My server has oceans.

17. Offline

Kevin Forte

This would make sense, but I'm almost positive I related it to the current position of the player. I'll have to look into it. Sorry, I've been really, Really busy lately so I have no time for Bukkit ):

I could do that eventually, like I said I'm super busy /: I might make it so it drops you in the sky and disables fall damage for the next 10 seconds or so.

18. Offline

sfxworks

That works. Get highest y corrdinate that isnt air. If blocktype is water, repick. Else, spawn.

19. Offline

Kevin Forte

That's what I wanted to do, but I think I might have messed it up somewhere along the way.

20. Offline

Needmoreblocks

Using this now, thanks for the plugin
    Can you make a config which sets the maximum you can teleport to, also does this teleport you from spawnpoint or user location?

21. Offline

Kevin Forte

Glad you like it, I think. :p I can work on it, and to be honest I'm not sure, it's a very experimental thing.

22. Offline

sfxworks

Is there any way that this can autrun on startup? Like as soon as the player logins? But only once?

23. Offline

Kevin Forte

It's a possibility.

24. Offline

sfxworks

Would be awesome if you could
    That way I wouldn't have to do this with php.

25. Offline

wassilij

Aaaaand?

26. Any way to make this always TP to the highest block, in the random coordinates, so you can't use it to /tp into vaults and such?

27. Offline

ForDummiez

Error 404, the JAR link doesn't work. :(