[TP] Recall v0.1.2.2 - get back to your previous location after using commands [803-1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Phil2812, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Phil2812

Recall - get back to previous location
    Version 0.1.2.2

Recall provides the functionality to save and teleport you back to your previous location after entering a command that was specified in the plugin's settings.

Features

Recall provides the functionality to save your current location before you enter a command that is specified in the plugin's settings.
    If you use the command '/recall' the plugin will teleport you back to your previous location.

For example: You are working on a building and another player needs support.
    You /tp to him to help him out but you haven't set a warp point or your home to the location where you were building at.
    Now you just need to use '/recall' to get back to your previous location in no time.

Download (jar): Recall static jar
    (Current version: 0.1.2.2)
    Source

Settings (open)
    Settings

The recall.settings in /plugins/Recall is very easy to understand.

An example configuration file:
    Code:
    # recall configuration file
    hookCommands=tp,warp
    Where 'hookCommands' are the commands where Recall saves your current location.
    (In this example you may use recall after you used tp or warp to get back to the location you used one of those commands at.)

You may specify as many commands as you wish. Just seperate them with a comma.
    Please do not use whitespaces between the commas and the command.

Permissions (open)
    Permissions

Recall is Permissions and GroupManager (since Version 0.1.2.1) compatible.
    The permission you need to specify is 'recall'.
    If Permissions or GroupManager isn't found the plugin allows ops to use the command.
    If the player is not permitted to use the command he won't get an error message.

Limitations (open)
    Limitations

Recall only saves the last location of the player and isn't able to save multiple locations.
    All the location records will be lost after the server is restarted or the plugins are reloaded.

Changelog
    Version 0.1.2.2
    • changed event signature
    Version 0.1.2.1
    • added support for GroupManager
    Version 0.1.1.1
    • updated plugin for CraftBukkit 617
    Version 0.1.1
    • fixed plugin compatibility issues
    Version 0.1
    • initial release
    If the plugin gets incompatible with the newest craftbukkit version there will be an update.
    You may suggest new features to be added and if I think they're usefull I may implement them.
    You are allowed to decompile the jar (or just download the source) to reuse or modify the code.
    (If you do so please include me in the credits.)

2. Offline

enkryptor

If you added iConomy support, your plugin would have it's special charm.

3. Offline

Phil2812

iConomy support? What should you be able to buy? Or why would you implement iConomy support? [​IMG]
    I can't see any sense in iConomy support for a plugin that has nothing to do with money (?).
    Please explain what you mean.

4. Offline

Greylocke

You might want to check out NathanWolf's Spells plugin. It has a Recall spell very similar to what you've created, along with several other handy spells for Admins. It might give you some ideas for what else you might do with your Recall plugin.

5. Offline

Phil2812

Thanks for the information.
    His spell sets a marker to return to later on.
    But this plugin's goal is to allow you to teleport yourself back to your previous location after using other commands.
    I think I'm going to keep that plugin as slim as possible and create other plugins for different features.
    I don't want to implement features that other plugins are providing. I think there are enough other things to do out there. [​IMG]
    Anyway thank you very much for your feedback. I'll have a look at his spells and maybe I'll find some feature that is missing. [​IMG]

6. Offline

enkryptor

Paid teleportation, like a taxi. It'll be useful for servers where teleportation supposed to be restricted.

7. Offline

Phil2812

v0.1.1 is out!
    I fixed the compatibility issues.
    Recall should now work with (almost ?) everything.

8. Offline

Kainzo

I like this.... I'm going to grant this to my admins, right away :) Does this work with 556 or 600+ ?

9. Offline

Plague

10. Offline

fireb33

works great on 617!

11. Offline

Phil2812

Okay I'll do that tomorrow!

Glad to hear that someone actually wants to use it. :D
    I did not test it yet, but if fireb33 says that it works it probably does work with 600+.

12. Offline

fireb33

yes, I'm using it with 617 for /tp and /warp commands :)

13. Offline

Phil2812

Nice to hear that it works for you and that you're using it :)

Done.

UPDATE: Version 0.1.2.1 [CraftBukkit 617]
    - updated Plugin for CraftBukkit 617
    - added support for GroupManager

14. Offline

Phil2812

Do want a feature that makes it possible to get you back to your previous position if you died?
    Or do you think it's unneccesary?

15. Offline

MineralMC

I come bearing nag:

2011-04-12 06:03:54 [SEVERE] Nag author: 'Phil2812' of 'recall' about the following: onPlayerCommandPreprocess has been replaced with a new signature, (PlayerCommandPreprocessEvent)

CB670

16. Offline

Kainzo

Would be neat but may be unnecessary

17. Offline

Phil2812

Fixed.

18. Offline

Plague

cb 674 - inactive

19. Offline

Phil2812