[TP] SGHomes - A multiple homes plugin

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by snpnx, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Offline

snpnx

SGHomes - Save all of your homepoints!
    Version: v0.1 (worked with Craftbukkit version 157 or so, if it doesn't work, post please!)

Disclaimer: This version is very basic! I plan to add more features later, to give more options to server admins using this plugin on their server, but I would like to get some feedback already.

This plugin provides the players with up to 20 custom homepoints, using an embedded SQLite database for performance. I have heard a request for such a plugin quite often, but I didn't find anything like it when searching on the bukkit forums.
    The downside right now is, that the plugin has no means for administration ( I will add that later on), so either you need to have a way to restrict access to commands via another plugin, or everyone can use the plugin for now.

Features:

• Set up to 20 homepoints to teleport to later!
    • You can give your homepoints an alias that is easy to remember and use this instead of a number!
    • Set your homes, List your homes, Remove them or Change the alias of your homes with easy commands, all explained in game!
    Installation:

• Download the JDBC driver from here
    • In your craftbukkit/plugins folder, make a new folder called 'lib' and place the driver there
    • Download the plugin either from the bottom of this post, or here
    • Place the plugin in your plugins folder
    • Start up your server. If everything works, you should see sth. along the lines of
      "SGHomes v0.1 enabled!".
    Usage:

The usage is pretty simple and explained in-Game, I will just give you the very basics to start with:

• Use /homes to manage homes, and /goto to teleport to a home
    • If you want to know how a function works, use '?'. I.e. '/homes -s ?' explains the usage of the -s flag.
    Changelog:

Version 0.1
    • Release of the first version on bukkit.org
    ToDo:

The following list is a set of features I would like to implement later on. Due to finals coming up soon, this may take a while though.

• Permission system: Being able to specify who is allowed to use which commands, and to use how many homepoints.
    • Home-point sharing:I'm not sure how I want to do that quite yet, but I would like to implement a system where a user can offer another user to copy a homepoint. Should prove useful when you want to show something to somebody.
    A note to fellow developers:

This is my first real project with bukkit and an embedded SQL database, and the first time in ages that I used Java again. If you have any tips regarding my sourcecode (which can be found in the git-repository that is linked for downloading the jar), please post them. Be kind however, and give me constructive criticism. I would very much like to learn what I can do better.

A note to users:
    This is my first real project with bukkit and an embedded SQL database, and the first time in ages that I used Java again. I hope the performance of this plugin is okay, and I would like to hear if it works good for you or not (don't forget to include an estimate of users that you tested this with).
    Also, any suggestions are highly welcome. As I wrote above, due to finals coming up, I might only be able to work on this plugin again in around a month or so.

Edit: I just saw that there is a similar plugin called Mywarp. If my plugin is too basic for you, maybe take a look at that. I do think though that there might be a userbase that looks for something very simple like this here.

Attached Files:

2. Offline

Riot

I like this. Very cheep however, but very useful for back and forth mining. Instead of "Home point Sharing" find the author of MyHome and look at his code. With the plugin you can go to others' homes. like /home Riot or /home snpnx

3. Offline

snpnx

Hmm, it's and probably way easier to implement, but I don't know if I want to open everyone's homelist to everybody else. I might implement it like that, but the standard will probably be that your homelist is private.
    Maybe I'll implement both variants though.

4. Offline

Riot

MyHome has a /home public and /home private command.

5. Offline

EvilSeph

6. Offline

willystylee

also the link to the jdbc driver is dead.

7. Offline

tekac

if you can restrict players to x amount of homes, I'd love you forever