[INACTIVE][TP/WEB] Waypoints v0.9.2 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by helluvamatt, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Offline

helluvamatt

Notice: I have ceased development on my plugins. If you wish to continue development, feel free to fork the repository on GitHub!

Waypoints
    Version: 0.9.2

Features
    • Create POIs (Points of interest) with a single command
    • Add a description to a POI
    • Move a POI
    • Teleport to a POI
    • Show POIs on a Minecraft Overviewer map. (with Info Windows!)
    • MySQL or SQLite storage options
    • Names and descriptions can have spaces.
    I Want It
    1. Get the Dependencies:
    Show Spoiler

• Permissions 2.7.4 (Pheonix)
    • mysql-connector-j(For MySQL storage)
    • sqlite-jdbc(For SQLite storage, get the latest version, I believe it's 3.7.2)
    NOTE: You don't need the SQLite library if you are using MySQL and vice versa.

1. Download the ZIP containing all the stuff you need.
    2. Unzip to a working directory. (Desktop, home directory, etc.)
    3. Move the 'Waypoints.jar' file and the 'Waypoints' folder to your '%BUKKIT_HOME%/plugins' directory.
    4. Edit '%BUKKIT_HOME%/plugins/Waypoints/config.yml' (See Configuration below)
    5. Reload CraftBukkit
    I Want Markers on Minecraft Overviewer!
    Okay, just a few more steps (using FabianN's fork of Overviewer):
    1. The ZIP file contains a folder called 'web', move the contents of that folder to the 'web_assets' folder of your Minecraft Overviewer installation.
    2. Open the 'index.html' page in web_assets and add this after the other scripts:
      Code:
                 <!--Waypoints--><script type="text/javascript" src="waypoints/waypoints.js"></script>

3. Optionally, to style Info Windows, add this after the other
      HTML:
      <link>
      tags:
      HTML:
      <link rel="stylesheet" href="waypoints/waypoints.css" type="text/css" />
    4. Open the 'overviewer.js' script in web_assets and add this:
      Code:
                 waypoints.init();

after this (on about line 41) :
      Code:
                 overviewer.util.createMapControls();

Commands
    Show Spoiler

/waypoint create <name> | Create a new waypoint (and select it)
    /waypoint select <name> | Select an existing waypoint
    /waypoint deselect | Select no waypoint (deselect)
    /waypoint delete | Delete the selected waypoint
    /waypoint describe <description> | Describe the selected waypoint
    /waypoint move | Move the waypoint to the player's location
    /waypoint goto | Teleport to the selected waypoint
    /waypoint list [<page> [<count>]] | List the waypoints on the server
    /waypoint <name> | Teleport to the specified waypoint

Configuration
    Show Spoiler

For MySQL storage: (plugins/Waypoints/config.yml)
    Code:
    storage:
        engine:
            type: 'sql'
            dbms: 'MYSQL'
            uri: 'jdbc:mysql://<server>:3306/<database>'
            username: '<dbuser>'
            password: '<dbpass>'

For SQLite storage: (plugins/Waypoints/config.yml)
    Code:
    storage:
        engine:
            type: 'sql'
            dbms: 'SQLITE'
            uri: 'jdbc:sqlite:path/to/waypoints.db'

Permissions Nodes
    Show Spoiler

• 'waypoints.create' - Create and modify waypoints
    • 'waypoints.list' - List the waypoints on the server
    • 'waypoints.teleport' - Teleport to a waypoint
    • 'waypoints.admin.delete' - Delete other users' waypoints
    • 'waypoints.admin.edit' - Move or change the description of other users' waypoints

Changelog - Plugin
    Version 0.9.2
    • Fixed compatibility with PermissionsEx compatibility layer.
    Version 0.9.1
    • Fixed a glorious SQL connection bug where the plugin becomes useless after an hour or so running.
    Version 0.9
    • Initial release
    Changelog - Overviewer Addon
    Version 1.1
    • Added Info Windows
    Version 1.0
    • Initial release

2. Offline

neko259

I have asked fabian-overviewer maintainers to include this in their map pack :)

3. Offline

helluvamatt

@neko259, Are you using this and is it working for you?

4. Offline

Tomber

Hi Helluvamatt,
    I'm using your plugin in conjunction with the MapMarkers plugin and the standard overviewer - it works! Added clickable waypoints to see the description and owner. Only a small problem, all markers get deleted every update cycle and are recreated, found out after adding the InfoWindow, because they close on each cycle. Couldn't find out how you check with the w.length, it always returns 0.
    Thank you for the work!

5. Offline

helluvamatt

Do you think it would be easier to just have the waypoints loaded once on page load? I'm not sure how or why, but it works on my test site. I can look at your map if you'd like.

6. Offline

ghost0001

your download link is broken.

7. Offline

untergrundbiber

Download link still broken :(

8. Offline

helluvamatt

Aye, just fixed it!

9. Offline

untergrundbiber

Thx :D Great plugin,btw Love it! ;)

10. Offline

helluvamatt

Please report any problems with this plugin on the new RB's in this thread. It should work with 935. Thank you!

11. Offline

ShaDooM

I don't get them to show on overviewer.
    Using Mysql, running the php script on commandline works fine and gives out the waypoints.
    I added all needed lines to overviewer.js and index.html (css and js)
    It just wont show

12. Offline

helluvamatt

Please post or PM a link to your map.

13. Offline

ShaDooM

14. Offline

helluvamatt

Please use the Google Chrome Developer Console or Firebug to debug your application.
    In your overviewer.js you have the line 'chattercraft.init();', remove it if you aren't using ChatterCraft (my other plugin). Also, remove 'waypoints.init()' from your <body onload=""> in index.html.

15. Offline

but2002

Code:
    2011-08-06 19:10:23 [INFO] but2002 tried to use command /waypoint list
    2011-08-06 19:10:23 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'waypoint' in plugin Waypoints v0.9.2
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:320)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:713)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource.getConnection(MysqlDataSource.java:428)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource.getConnection(MysqlDataSource.java:138)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource.getConnection(MysqlDataSource.java:108)
        at com.schneenet.minecraft.waypoints.storage.WaypointStorageSQL.findAllPage(WaypointStorageSQL.java:154)
        at com.schneenet.minecraft.waypoints.WaypointsPlugin.onCommand(WaypointsPlugin.java:254)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more
    Help me out?

16. Offline

ShaDooM

i just added waypoints.init() to onload because i thought it might work then, i just forgot to remove it.

It was the chattercraft.init() which messed stuff up, I just never thought that this would mess it up. I used chattercraft but didn't like it that much forgot to remove that line.

Thanks and sorry for your trouble

17. Offline

but2002

@ShaDooM Glad to hear you got it working.

@helluvamatt Any idea on what's going wrong with mine? It doesn't seem to be able to establish a DB connection. D:

18. Offline

helluvamatt

You might double check your MySQL configuration. Also, try to see if there are other errors/exceptions upon server startup. (If you have to, restart the server and check server.log or watch the console.)

EDIT: You can post your entire server.log to Pastebin. I won't be able to look at it today, but I will at try to get to it much later tonight.

19. Offline

but2002

20. Offline

ShaDooM

@but2002
    Code:
    [SIZE=12px][FONT=monospace][COLOR=rgb(24, 24, 24)][LIST=1][*]2011-08-06 19:03:00 [SEVERE] [Waypoints] Exception while setting up SQL Storage:
    [*]java.lang.NullPointerException
    [*]        at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource.getConnection(MysqlDataSource.java:428)
    [*]        at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource.getConnection(MysqlDataSource.java:138)
    [*]        at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource.getConnection(MysqlDataSource.java:108)
    [*]        at com.schneenet.minecraft.waypoints.storage.WaypointStorageSQL.initSql(WaypointStorageSQL.java:214)
    [*]        at com.schneenet.minecraft.waypoints.WaypointsPlugin.onEnable(WaypointsPlugin.java:85)
    [*]        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
    [*]        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:878)
    [*]        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:272)
    [*]        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:162)
    [*]        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:146)
    [*]        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
    [*]        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
    [*]        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
    [*]        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    [*]        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

Is the Database set in the config file created/writeable? Does the user in the config have enough permissions on the database?

21. Offline

but2002

Yes, and yes.

I found the error.

The config packaged within the zip is full of typos

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  22. Offline

helluvamatt

The config.yml file had tabs instead of spaces. It has been fixed.

23. Offline

but2002

Not only that, it has "url" instead of "uri" I was still having issues after fixing the tabs because of that.

24. Offline

nenesse

Hi, I'm using McMyAdmin Minecraft Server + Bukkit.

Waypoints config.yml works because it has successfully created the database on my MySQL Server.

But in-game "/waypoint" command doesn't work. I don't know how to configure PermissionsBukkit and what is the use of Permissions Nodes. Where to configure it?

Thanks for your help

EDIT: By the Way, I confirm that i have to replace URL with URI to make config.yml work properly.

EDIT 2: I find the solution. I was not using Permissions but PermissionBukkit! It's work fine with Permissions

25. Offline

helluvamatt

The URL/URI is a known issue and will be resolved in the next release.

26. Offline

Tate182

download link broken agian