[TP] Wormhole X-Treme - Multi-World capable Stargates - Moved to BukkitDev!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by lycano, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

lycano

Wormhole X-Treme v1.016
    Multi-World capable Stargates for bukkit powered servers
    Craftbukkit 1846

This project has been moved to BukkitDev
    Please visit the new project page on BukkitDev http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/wormhole_x-treme/

Project moved to BukkitDev

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  2. Offline

lycano

erdrickk well then im sorry, you have to live with this warning that may or may not happen when having gates over great distances as this plugin is designed to work with wxw (atm).

I will definetelly rewrite both plugins from scratch in the near future so you can decide what you need and what not (modules). So maybe this will be more user friendly for those who dont need all features ^^

3. Offline

sorklin

Hey, upgraded and am having problems with Gates in the nether. We have an independent Nether world (we use MV2) called Tartarus. When the gate is activated, we get:
    Code:
    2012-01-30 17:14:36 [SEVERE] Could not pass event org.bukkit.event.block.BlockBreakEvent to WormholeXTreme
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$103.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:1026)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:57)
        at im.creep.bukkitinsider.smartassery.SmartassPluginManager.callEvent(SmartassPluginManager.java:242)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.breakBlock(ItemInWorldManager.java:216)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:151)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:507)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.handle(SourceFile:43)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:537)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:435)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$103.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:1024)
        ... 12 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.model.Stargate.setupRedstoneDialWire(Stargate.java:1741)
        at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.model.Stargate.setupRedstone(Stargate.java:1723)
        at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.listeners.WormholeXTremeBlockListener.handleBlockBreak(WormholeXTremeBlockListener.java:95)
        at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.listeners.WormholeXTremeBlockListener.onBlockBreak(WormholeXTremeBlockListener.java:122)
        ... 17 more
    2012-01-30 17:14:43 [SEVERE] Could not pass event org.bukkit.event.block.BlockBreakEvent to WormholeXTreme
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$103.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:1026)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:57)
        at im.creep.bukkitinsider.smartassery.SmartassPluginManager.callEvent(SmartassPluginManager.java:242)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.breakBlock(ItemInWorldManager.java:216)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:151)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:507)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.handle(SourceFile:43)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:537)
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$103.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:1024)
        ... 12 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.model.Stargate.setupRedstoneDialWire(Stargate.java:1741)
        at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.model.Stargate.setupRedstone(Stargate.java:1723)
        at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.listeners.WormholeXTremeBlockListener.handleBlockBreak(WormholeXTremeBlockListener.java:95)
        at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.listeners.WormholeXTremeBlockListener.onBlockBreak(WormholeXTremeBlockListener.java:122)
        ... 17 more
    When activating in the nether, it seems to work okay. When activating from the main world, the gate material is messed up. Water from the swoosh stays and then starts flooding everything. I changed to Lava, and it just doesn't show up at all (looks like you're coming into an empty gate).

If you need, I can post screenshots.

4. Offline

lycano

sorklin according to your log you are using bukkitinsider that is built for 1337. This plugin is build for 1818 and makes use of the new EventSystem wheras bukkitinsider wrapps the old EventSystem most likely.

Either remove this debugger or update it.

5. Offline

sorklin

Its been updated for 1818. However, I'll remove it to make sure its not the problem.

Okay, that did remove the NPE. However, the problem with the gate in Nether remains. Here are some screenshots:
    Dialing the gate in the nether produces the correct gate setup:
    [​IMG]

This, however, is what the gate looks like when I come through from the main world:
    [​IMG]

This is what a standardsigndial gate looks like after coming through:
    [​IMG]

The water from the swoosh just sits there, until you dial again, or something causes a physics update and then it flows like crazy. Mind you, each of these screenshots is an Active gate.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  6. Offline

lycano

Update v1.016
    • 1.1-R3 compatible built
    • replaced Permissions with PermissionsEx
    This is just a small update. I thought it produce lesser errors in the future. For those who only use PEX and dont have the PermissionsCompat Layer installed. Its not needed any longer.

sorklin i couldn't reproduce this error. There is shurely something you use that i dont have.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  7. Offline

logoth

Found an interesting error with 1.016. I haven't used wormhole xtreme for a while so I just downloaded craftbukkit 1.1 RB3, WXW 0.509 and WX 1.016 to re-teach myself all the settings before uploading it to our live server. I set the settings.txt to use worlds_support_enabled.

I'm an op and the only person on the server, and turned on creative mode for quick testing.

Created a sign gate named "statictests" and another one named "test". Both gates' signs showed "statictests" as the target gate. Right clicking on the sign dialer attached to statictests to change it gave this error.

Code:
     [WARNING] Task of 'WormholeXTreme' generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.model.Stargate.dialSignClicked(Stargate.java:1963)
        at de.luricos.bukkit.WormholeXTreme.Wormhole.logic.StargateUpdateRunnable.run(StargateUpdateRunnable.java:130)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:503)
    Disconnecting and rebooting the server fixed the names on the sign dialers, as well as got rid of the error when right clicking either sign.

8. Offline

akrieger

lycano, Nethrar has been maintained all this time. Forgive me for forgetting to update the RB number in my thread, but I have been watching for breakages with each RB, and have found none. I just tested and updated the RB, so you can re-add support if you like.

Edit: wrong thread, sorry!

9. Offline

lycano

Semirotta well you should use Wormhole X-Treme Worlds (WXW) and enable WORLDS support in Settings.txt currently. Thats because the stickyChunk method is in Worlds. It will prevent having erroring signs.

Im planning to move this code into WXT so that you can use a worldmanager your choice.

10. Offline

ThaAussieNub

I don't know if this is something i should report or whatever but ive come across a bug where sometimes when you dial into a gate and gate into it once youve past through the event horizon to the other side if you try to dial out after the timeout the sign is stuck on the Gate name you came from. It doesnt always happen but it happens often.. its easy to fix ingame just thought id let you know btw great plugins i own all the stargate sg1 series <3 its the best :D

11. Offline

lycano

ThaAussieNub thanks for that info but i guess i know where this comes from. I use a Player wrapper to avoid double dialation. This is because the current source is kinda unsorted and not well categorized. Im working on compelte rewrite from scratch and use another approach.

Well if the server lags you still have the flag "used stargate X" in that object. This flag is cleared til the stargate times out. So after that you can use the gate normally. This prevents double dialation when using dial or sign gates but during that period it can act a bit wonky but as i said i could workaround many bugs that may happen with that system but it also can block gate usage when the server lags.

12. Offline

ThaAussieNub

13. Offline

sorklin

I get this problem with Bukkit 1.1-R3, WX 1.015 and MV 2.2-AB with absolutely nothing else enabled.

14. Offline

lycano

sorklin seems that ControllerBlock may cause this as it can cancel BlockPhysics. As i do return on cancelled events even in BlockPhysicsEvent it could be caused by this.

I will remove this check against it as there is no real reason to check for this inside a gate as the result would be that stationary water will probably flood the entire environment ;)

Thanks for this bug report!

15. but if i dont want to use any other worlds than my normal world,normal nether and normal end? :D do i still have to get it? id just want plugin which makes portal to take u to other portal -.-'' i cant find any, ive seen multiple servers having 1 but i dont remember what it is called / i cant see the plugin names..

16. Offline

sorklin

You probably missed it, because I edited, but the same behavior exists with just MV2.2-ab and your plugin enabled (and nothing else).

17. Offline

lycano

Semirotta for the moment you need to use WormholeXTreme Worlds to get the best results. If you can live with occasionally buggy signs (when no player is in range of the target gate this "CraftBlock cannot be cast to Sign warning" will be thrown but is safe to ignore as the sign will be updated next time you use it) then you dont need it.

18. Offline

fatmarley

sorklin can I look at your custom dialer file? I tried to make one months back, but could never get it to work right.

19. Offline

cartman-2000

Could you add support for SuperPerms into wormhole extreme for those who only use SuperPerms based permissions plugins, and not PermissionsEx.

20. Offline

lycano

cartman-2000 i could. but please open a ticket on dev.bukkit for that.

21. Offline

c0mp

Thread locked at the request of the developer. Please visit the link to BukkitDev in the OP for more information!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.