Inactive [TP] xWarp v3.1.7 - MyWarp fork (w/ prices, economy, visibility) [1.2.5-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by xZise, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Offline

xZise

Hello everyone,
    I forked the MyWarp project and added some functionality. In basic it is the same as the MyWarp.

Now on BukkitDev
    This plugin is already on BukkitDev. I will transfer this post to BukkitDev.

Download
    3.1.7 + marker (Tested: 1.2.5-R1.0)
    3.1.7 (Tested: 1.2.5-R1.0)
    2.12.0 (Tested: cb819, Should run ≥ cb691)
    All downloads

The versions for other builds are normally only compatibly updates. So they don't provide other features. This means version “a-cb684” is the same (in basic) as “a-cb556” or simply “a”.
    Notice: With version 2.3.0, 2.6.0, 2.8.0, 2.9.0, 3.0.0 (or later) I changed the database layout. Previous versions of xWarp couldn't read this database. So backup it for sure.

Ressources

Changes
    Changelog moved to BukkitDev. The full changelog is still on github.

Prices
    Since 2.8.0 it is possible to use prices for warp and creation. It uses the Permissions nodes to change define basic prices. Also it is possible to define a price for each warp. At the moment iConomy version 4 and 5, Essentials Economy (at least Dev build 2.2.104) and BOSEconomy supported.
    Global/Public/Private warps
    With the Version 2.0.0 beta 13 I introduce the new state of global warps. Every user can create warps for its own (public/private) like before and hasn't be aware of already existing one's from others. So Player “A” could create a warp named “foo” and another Player “B” could also create a warp called “foo”. Now to access these warps you have to specify which warp do you want to use.
    Therefore I added a parameter to specify the owner of the warp. To warp to the “foo” warp of Player “A” you simply type:
    /warp foo A
    You could exchange the second parameter (= A) with a B to warp to B's warp “foo”.
    Now to shorten the warps you could globalize a warp with
    /warp global <name> <owner>
    Now you don't have to add the owner of the warp. For example if somebody globalized the warp “foo” of player “A” you now can simply type:
    /warp foo
    There is one rule: “If you don't define the owner it searches the global warps.”
    But a global warp also has a owner (in our case Player “A”) so you also define the owner.
    So there is one major change: If your warp contains a space you have to escape it, otherwise it will guess the second part as a owner (to escape see the section above).
    For further information visit the wiki.
    Sign Warps
    Creating a sign warp is really easy. You have 3 layouts: MyWarp, Single Line and xWarp.
    In MyWarp your sign has two lines. In the first place only “MyWarp” and in the second the name of the warp. This works only if the warp is in the global map.
    The “Single Line” layout only needs a line with “Warp: <name>”. If there are more than one lines with this layout on one sign it won't work. The colon is optional, the W could be lowercase and the spaces between “Warp:” and the name have to be at least one.
    With xWarp layout you could place “xWarp” in the first line (case-insensitive) or “Warp”/“warp” and optional a colon.
    In the second line is the name of the warp and in the third the owner (optional)
    Upcoming changes
    Backups? (unknown)
    If possible I maybe make it possible to backup the warps with others backup plugins. It is only an idea at a moment, but maybe sometimes xWarp supports this.
    tkelly's suggestion system (Suspended)
    tkelly created a system, that can get a warp similar named if you didn't spell it right.

Fabian aka xZise

RazorFlint, Taranis01 and uitology like this.
  2. Offline

MineralMC

Not too sure what you mean, mate. Do you mean to download the plugin again and let it re-create the configuration file, or...?

3. Offline

MrInsanity

i'll be using this :D since MyWarp kinda laggs the update capability

4. Offline

xZise

No no. Look in my quote in your post. I wrote that every plugin could modify it's own warps. But it has to be that each player could modify his own warps. I edited my post and I only want to clarify that I meant player not plugin.

Fabian

5. Offline

MrInsanity

Just tested it, so far it works perfectly :D

6. Offline

Gixbit

Uhhhh, are permissions broken? Cause my server is like spamming me with errors.

7. Offline

pizza9555

How do I change what the Warp says once you warp to it? it now says "warped to 'out'" but i want it to say "Now you are free to play =]" How do I do that?

8. Offline

xZise

I have no idea. What is your configuration and what does the console say.
    Use the message command. So in your example:
    Code:
    /warp message out "Now you are free to play =]"
    Fabian

9. Offline

JDD

Anyone able to confirm this working/not working with CB 670?

10. Offline

xZise

Post a detailed error message and I will try to fix this.

Fabian

11. Offline

Phaedrus

Seems to be working for me.

12. Offline

Don Redhorse

have fun... and tell the visitor that you do some awesome coding for minecraft ;-)

thanks!

13. Offline

pizza9555

Use the message command. So in your example:
    Code:
    /warp message out "Now you are free to play =]"
    Fabian[/quote]
    i tried but all it says is 'Unknown warped player given'

14. Offline

xZise

Oh jerks ... Since some update I lost the message command :/ I will try to bring it back in as soon as possible.

And has anyone xWarp 2.7.7 tested with build 670? Any warnings/nags etc?

Fabian

15. Offline

Yonar

Haha, Ok so now I don't feel so stupid for always getting an error when I try to change the warp welcome message. I look forward to your update whenever that pesky visitor of yours leaves you alone :)

16. Offline

xZise

Okay, I added the message command back in. At first only for the 617 build. The legacy branch will come, if there is interest.

Fabian

17. Offline

MC fan101

hello i cant seem to create a warp it says no permission and im op ?

18. Offline

M0rti

Just one question. I noticed my permissions changed ...but i did nothing.
    I got this cooldown commands in my permissions:
    Code:
        VIP:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: '&2'
                suffix: '&a'
                build: true
                warp:
                    timers:
                        warmup:
                            public: -1
                        cooldown:
    and again on many users:
    Code:
        Username:
            group: Vip
            permissions: null
            info:
                warp:
                    timers:
                        warmup:
                        cooldown:
    Is this from xwarp or permissions plugin? Cause i did not write this.

19. Offline

xZise

:confused: I don't write any permissions to the config (I mean it is your configuration). But this is causing my plugin, but I have no idea why the permission plugin is writing this value.

Fabian

@M0rti: Which permissions plugin do you use?

Fabian

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  20. Offline

BigBlueGER

afaik the only difference between 617 and 670 in the way plugins work is that the plugin name is now defined in the plugin.yml. ;D

21. Offline

Kainzo

Will this convert myWarp db's?

22. Offline

xZise

I can't garantue that it will work perfectly, but it should import the warps, but ignoring the worlds. I'm working on a better import, so the world should work.

To the recommended build 670: I didn't test it until now, but if anyone tested it with 670 please tell me your results/problems etc.

Fabian

PS: Now I have time again, after 3 days of power atmega programming.

23. Offline

rmb938

I am getting the same thing and its messing up my permissions were users can't do anything.

24. Offline

xZise

And which Permission plugin do you using?

Fabian

Okay, I updated xWarp to version 2.7.9 and I improved the import, so it should work now. I would recommend following procedure:
    1. Install xWarp
    2. Backup the warps.db/homes-warps.db of MyWarp
    3. Start server
    4. Issue “/warp import” command.
    Then it import your MyWarp database. The command has to be the following:
    Code:
    /warp import sqlite plugins/MyWarp/warps.db
    For this version I will upload a legacy update, but I have problems to test it now, so please wait some minutes, I'm working on it.
    [edit]Okay the 2.7.9-legacy branch is uploaded.[/edit]

Fabian

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

25. Offline

Kainzo

Awesome thanks... I love myWarp - but the support offered by Xwarp is outstanding it seems. (Tkelly is MIA)

26. Offline

M0rti

27. Offline

xZise

Okay I have no idea why this is writing something there. I'm only using and not programming this plugin. I asked a question and hopefully the developer of the plugin could tell us, where the mistake is.

Thanks ;) And hopefully tkelly is coming back, as MyHome and Help support would be nice.

Also the “limit” option is quite near to release. I only want to test this before I release a new version. If you are familiar to Java xWarp is open-source and fell free to compile a own build (from the limits branch).

Fabian

28. Offline

TPMJB

Uh, I updated from 2.7.6 to 2.7.9 and it cleared my warps.db.

29. Offline

xZise

Hmmm, between 2.7.6 there was no changes in the database. Is there something in the console? Also have you a backup and you send me the database to me (attachment here or pm), so I could analyse the error.

Do you use the legacy or non legacy branch?

In fact, the only change in my database reader is, that it now could update from MyWarp files. But version 2.7.6 should previously convert this to my database scheme, so this method shouldn't be called.

Fabian

30. Offline

TPMJB

Yeah, I'm not sure. I updated to the new CB 670, so that might be it. I'm downloading a world backup that I have zipped on a remote server. I'll try to upload it here when it finally downloads from the server.

Here's my current warps.db. Xwarp doesn't recognize it for some reason but it looks like the warps still exist.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8CKBT402

Edit: the console says there's 72 warps, but when I'm in game as either an admin or user it says "there are no warps to list"

Edit2: I guess I was on build 2.7.6 before updating to the new one as it still works.

31. Offline

xZise

Okay thank you. I will test why warp list doesn't work. Maybe you have no permissions? Because you need at least one permission to see this warp. This means, it has to be accessible to you (via warp-to etc.). Does this error occur also if you use “warp ls” in the console?

To the “bug” that Permissions overwrites the file, it seems it is a “problem” of Permissions:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...rld-permissions-670.5974/page-121#post-207033
    Maybe this guy is wrong, maybe not, I will try to keep me updated.

Fabian