Trial for servers

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by WhyHaveALife, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Offline

WhyHaveALife

I saw that someone requested this plugin for a modded server and got locked.. haha

But I thought that this plugin would be a great ideas looking for players since Notch asked servers to move to a pay-to-play model (or no income) in a recent Q&A.

After a player has played for X hours on a server, server will ban the player with a customizable"Trial over" message, unless the player is on a special list that prevents them from being banned (i.e. paid players and mods).

2. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

WhyHaveALife nice name (hope this is made, but i wont use it)

also there should be a pay per month thing as well so admins can charge $1 per month or $2 per year or so.

3. Offline

TheWolfBadger

WhyHaveALife Is that allowed with the new upcoming EULA? If it is then I'll make it :)!

4. Offline

WhyHaveALife

Yes. They are okay with servers charging for hosting the server itself. It was in a Q&A on the minecraft forums, when asked if you can charge entrance fees, the mojang employee said that this was okay.

5. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

6. Offline

WhyHaveALife

I think that'd have to be managed outside of the game, you can simply remove the player from the list if they have not paid the server that month

7. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

it could be done automaticaly with lists. servers with 5000+ people would undoubtedly not be bothered to check each player

8. Offline

WhyHaveALife

But how would the plugin know if a player paid? It's not as if the plugin is asking for your credit card info and getting the payment. Also as far as I know you can't access something like paypal and see if they sent money. It would have to be done manually by an admin to be processed

9. Offline

TheWolfBadger

10. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

11. Offline

WhyHaveALife

12. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

what is group manager?

TheWolfBadger
    wth is your image XD

TheWolfBadger what is your minecraft name (building statues now)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  13. Offline

TheWolfBadger

14. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

TheWolfBadger ty, built.

ill make a conversation.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

TheWolfBadger likes this.
  15. Offline

excusemyluck

But lets be honest here, who is going to pay money to join a minecraft server.

ZodiacTheories likes this.
  16. Offline

WhyHaveALife

Ask notch for me, k?

17. Offline

Geekxboy

Not many actually pay to play but many people do donate to servers out of the kindness of their hearts

ZodiacTheories and WhyHaveALife like this.
  18. Offline

WhyHaveALife

Yeah but his point is would everyone pay to play on a server. You make a great point good sir but the gentleman does have a good point. Sad to say, it is going to be quite harder to help pay for servers or make a big server with this model I feel. We'll have to see how things go before we give up though.

19. Offline

Geekxboy

I know it is, hence why im no longer reopening mine

20. Offline

excusemyluck

Geekxboy WhyHaveALife xXSilverswordXx I mean I'm not trying to be a downer on the idea, I just feel that many people wouldn't pay to join a server. Also, I feel people donate not only cause they really like a server, but usually donating gives you special advantages over those who haven't.

21. Offline

Alster551

Apart from having a whole website and stuff BuyCraft could do this.

22. Offline

TheWolfBadger

WhyHaveALife Making this right now for you! :)

Enjoy! :) --- <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Type /trial for the help menu! :)

EDIT:
    WhyHaveALife Can now be found here! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
  23. Offline

EddieFriday

TheWolfBadger can I ask an option not to use any donation engine? Instead the Admins or mods unban the donating player?

EDIT:

Or how about hooking this to Authme Reloaded and CommunityBridge?

24. Offline

TheWolfBadger

EddieFriday It's not required. It's just a suggestion. The commands can be ran by both console and players. I will add permissions for commands in a few. Forgot to do that hahaha xD.

EddieFriday likes this.
  25. Offline

EddieFriday

TheWolfBadger it it posible to hook this to Authme Reloaded and CommunityBridge?

26. Offline

TheWolfBadger

EddieFriday Not quite sure what either of those are. Link me perhaps? Thanks.

EddieFriday I don't believe I'll be interested in hooking any plugins. It should work fine by itself anyway. I'm very sure however that you are running an offline server, so I suggest you run an online one or I won't help you much.

27. Offline

EddieFriday

TheWolfBadger Sir running an online server. using those is just for website engagements.

28. Offline

TheWolfBadger

EddieFriday They should still work then for your server :).

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
    EddieFriday likes this.
  29. Offline

EddieFriday

TheWolfBadger Thank you so much for updating this for me..

TheWolfBadger
    Sir QUESTION:

Can this be manipulated to make a trial for players applying for server admins or mods?

TheWolfBadger likes this.
  30. Offline

TheWolfBadger

EddieFriday I'll think about this for the next update! Nice idea though :)!

EddieFriday likes this.