Unknown errors

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by hAvAAck, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

hAvAAck

Hi All,

I'm receiving some severe errors, and I can't figure out what they're related to.
    Code:
    02:40:30 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: The handle is invalid
    02:40:30 [SEVERE]       at java.io.RandomAccessFile.seek(Native Method)
    02:40:30 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.RegionFile.a(SourceFile:342)
    02:40:30 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.RegionFile.a(SourceFile:279)
    02:40:30 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ChunkBuffer.close(SourceFile:259
    )
    02:40:30 [SEVERE]       at java.util.zip.DeflaterOutputStream.close(Unknown Sour
    ce)
    02:40:30 [SEVERE]       at java.io.FilterOutputStream.close(Unknown Source)
    02:40:30 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ChunkRegionLoader.a(SourceFile:6
    4)
    02:40:30 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.saveChunk(Ch
    unkProviderServer.java:160)
    02:40:30 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.saveChunks(C
    hunkProviderServer.java:190)
    02:40:30 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.save(World.java:146)
    02:40:30 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1461)
    02:40:30 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:361)
    02:40:30 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:285)
    02:40:30 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:394)

1. What OS are you using (Brand and version - Ex. Windows XP SP3)? Win 7 64bit
    2. What architecture is the OS you are running (x64 or x86)? 64
    3. What version and architecture is your java install? (Type: java -version in command prompt.) 1.6.0_24

4. Are you running any wrappers? McMyAdmin, mcadmin, Hamachi, etc? just craftbukkit
    5. What build of CraftBukkit are you running? (do NOT say latest. Say the build number.) 740

Now that you've given us all the basics, now we get into the more advanced stuff. Note, if you haven't answered 1-5 yet, answering 6-10 will be almost pointless.

6. What command are you using to run your CraftBukkit server?
    @Echo OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    PAUSE

7. What plugins are you running? default commands 2.5.5, superpowers,

[INFO] Plugins: AZP, ChestLock, DefaultCommands, iChat, iZone, MCDocs,
    MinecartManiaCore, MinecartManiaSignCommands, MinecartManiaStation, Permissions,
    PermissionsPlus, SuperPowers, WolfPound, MinecartManiaAdminControls, MinecartMa
    niaAutocart, MinecartManiaAutomations, MinecartManiaChestControl

any leads?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  2. Offline

AgentKid

@hAvAAck Sounds like a corrupted world or something unusual like a full HDD, though I've never seen "The handle is invalid". Try running it through Chunkster and see if that clears it up.

hAvAAck likes this.
  3. Offline

hAvAAck

Thanks, I ran it through chunkster, now I'll keep an eye on the log.

4. Offline

AgentKid

No problem :) Although, was the error constant before, or was it caused by a trigger? If it was constant and you haven't seen it yet, then chunkster probably fixed it.

5. Offline

hAvAAck

nah it was more intermittent, happened last night when nobody was on. Hasn't happened yet, but I'll give it a few more hours, maybe once some players get on and run around. hopefully it's all good :)

6. Offline

resba

Looks like the chunks aren't saving properly. I'd chalk it up to a bad chunk or render issue. It's not a full HDD error otherwise it'd throw: "Out Of Memory"

7. Offline

hAvAAck

Code:
    13:12:41 [SEVERE] Invalid blocktype, Check world name for hAvAAck;world;118;91;-
    105;,unlockable,;
    13:12:41 [SEVERE] Saving turned off to prevent loss of data
    13:12:42 [SEVERE] Invalid blocktype, Check world name for hAvAAck;world;283;68;-
    126;,;
    13:12:42 [SEVERE] Saving turned off to prevent loss of data
    13:12:42 [SEVERE] Invalid blocktype, Check world name for OTHERUSER;world;
    276;68;-126;,;
    13:12:42 [SEVERE] Invalid blocktype, Check world name for hAvAAck;world;483;89;-
    1042;,miner,Miner,;

I got these instead this time. Are these warp coordinates? maybe they were altered by fixing the chunks?

This is occurring on startup every time.

8. Offline

AgentKid

@hAvAAck Just out of curiosity, were you attempting to use any mods that add new blocks/items to the game when this started to happen, or is this a singleplayer world that you moved to a multiplayer server? That error is saying that there is a block that has an unrecognizable ID, which could mean that there was a mod installed that created new blocks, or that a freak accident caused a new block to be created.

Yeah, but I've seen some weird side effects of full HDD that would cause different messages to be displayed, but all caused by the HDD being full (OutofMemory causes another error that gets repeated over and over, so the admin only notices the weird error)

EDIT: @hAvAAck Did this just start to happen after you updated permissions?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

9. Offline

hAvAAck

@AgentKid
    I didn't update permissions
    I figured out the new errors are related to locked chests, no big deal
    I haven't seen the old errors come back.

Code:
    21:30:46 [SEVERE]       at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Metho
    d)
    21:30:46 [SEVERE]       at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Sourc
    e)
    21:30:46 [SEVERE]       at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    21:30:46 [SEVERE]       at java.io.DataOutputStream.writeByte(Unknown Source)
    21:30:46 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet33RelEntityMoveLook.a(Sour
    ceFile:32)
    21:30:46 [INFO] SGMiner lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream
    21:30:46 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet.a(Packet.java:121)
    21:30:46 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.e(NetworkManager.
    java:96)
    21:30:46 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.d(NetworkManager.
    java:230)
    21:30:46 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFi
    le:90)
    new...

10. Offline

resba

That's just a bad connection drop, nothing major. (Someone stop me if i'm wrong)

11. Offline

AgentKid

I'm pretty sure that you're right, but I'm at school ATM so I can't check for sure (Have a list of error messages :p )

12. Offline

resba

Offtopic: So am I! (Physics Class FTW!)
    PM me those error messages lists if you can, they'd be a great help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.