[URGENT] Former Developers Spamming Comments

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by iKeirNez, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Today I had to remove 2 members from developing my plugin CommandsEX, upon doing this they have created a number of BukkitDev accounts to spam CommandsEX comments saying that it is a virus.

Their original usernames are <snip> they are creating fake accounts (and you can tell they are fake by looking at the join date and the time the comment was made)

I hope something can be done to resolve this as it is ruining my plugin and its reputation.

They have also just created a fake account which slightly mis-spelt my name iKeirNez to iKierNez and are using that to make fake announcements about a virus.

Please help me!!! md_5

Keir

2. Offline

Gravity

I'm looking into this right now, don't worry.

We've already been getting rid of IP's he has been logging on from, and will continue to do so. I'm refreshing the page keeping an eye on it now and also watching for any new accounts being created with this info.

If there is any more spamming, we'll just hand out another ban and delete the comment. I'll also post something on your page so that everyone knows the deal.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
    JOPHESTUS, hawkfalcon, TnT and 3 others like this.
  3. Offline

EvilSeph

This thread has been cleaned up and closed as naming & shaming and inciting a witch hunt is not permitted. Please report issues like this in private to our staff or use the "report" system we have in place across our community and we will investigate and deal with it appropriately.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

hawkfalcon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.