UUID

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by sfxworks, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sfxworks

Hello bukkit.
    Instead of relying on a player's plugin to get the proper name to handle a request, would you be so kind as to do that for us? There are a few ways to do this. I think having one properly written/heavily optimized would be better for the community.

2. sfxworks I don't understand what you mean

Glumpz likes this.
  3. Offline

Glumpz

sfxworks Bukkit.getServer().getPlayer(UUID uuid) ?

AdamQpzm likes this.
  4. Offline

sfxworks

So if I want to whisper a player a message saying "XYZ" bukkit would find the proper player and throw it at the plugin to handle that request.

5. Offline

Tehmaker

I don't get what you want.... A simple chat plugin like that wouldn't even need to rely on UUID's, since the player wouldn't ever leave the server...... I don't get what you want.

UUID's are only needed, mainly, for data storage.

6. Offline

BillyGalbreath

He's talking about like a mail service. Send player A a msg while they're offline. When they come back with new name of player X (because X makes everyone look cooler) they will still get the msg even though it was sent to A.

This is indeed a need for UUID, but not a full API. However, the request is still valid due to other examples not mentioned.

We have APIs for everything almost, including automatic updates. Its only fitting we get one for UUIDs as well.

sfxworks likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.