Vampire Plugin Request

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Ross Gosling, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Offline

Ross Gosling

My Idea

I would like a vampire plugin that is simple, almost command less and easy to use.

The very first vampire would be decided by console commands.

There would have to be at least one vampire so if you are the last/only vampire you cannot cure yourself until another person has transformed into a vampire.

Feeding

The vampires hunger would deplete only over time (from full hunger bar to 0 in one day) and quite slowly and the only way to recover health if your a vampire would be to kill a mob:

-Human player > 6-9 Hunger (if /feed is active)
    -Wolf > 2-4 Hunger (if /feed is active)
    -Cow > 2-3 Hunger (if /feed is active)
    -Sheep > 2-3 Hunger (if /feed is active)
    -Pig > 2-2.5 Hunger (if /feed is active)
    -Chicken > 1-2 Hunger (if /feed is active)
    -Raw meat > 0.5 Hunger

Infection

To infect a victim a vampire has to type /feed which then activates the feeding mode, when in feeding mode all players they kill will have a 25% chance of developing Vampirism.

When a player is first infected they develop Vampirism, when someone catches Vampirism they have 3 mc days to cure themselves because when infected they cannot restore hunger in anyway, it just slowly depletes to 0, when it reaches 0 they are now a vampire and their hunger is restored to full. If killed whilst infected the hunger level does not reset it'll be whatever hunger level the player died at.

Death by 'feed-mode' vampire = 25% chance, Vampirism.

Infection Cure = HealthPotion

The health potion heals the blood and cures the Vampirism.

Vampire Cure = Health Regeneration Potion

The regeneration potion regenerates the soul of the vampire and cures the Vampirism.

Vampire Pros / Cons

Permanent health regeneration (even with less than 9 hunger but not below 2 hunger)
    Zombies don't attack unless provoked (they only eat the living)
    Poison doesn't damage them
    Unarmed does double damage (also knockback enchant effect if possible)
    Hunger depletes at a steady rate not affected by activities just time (1 mc day)
    Vampires can breathe underwater (the undead don't breathe)
    Vampires don't take fall damage (i'd prefer feather falling affect)

Burn in sunlight (fire protection armour could be used to prevent most damage and they can't burn in water)
    Cannot eat food (vampires need blood not food, they can eat raw meat for blood)
    Has to kill for hunger replenishment (vampires drink blood)
    Animals don't drop meat when in feed-mode
    Fire damage is doubled against vampires (doesnt affect burn rate in sunlight)
    Cannot tame wolves, wild wolves will try to kill them (werewolf reference)
    Wooden weapons/tools damage is doubled against vampires (a stake reference)

2. Offline

Sir Savary

This is a very complex plugin, are you willing to pay for it?

3. Offline

kahlilnc

No mentioning pay on threads anymore guys. . . :/ Rule 5!

4. Offline

mushroomhostage

Check out the Mortuus Terra plugin. It has a similar infection feature, involving zombies instead of vampires (and infected players even show up as zombies using MobDisguise), and the use of potions to cure (though they are special potions), and infection pros/cons. The plugin is under heavy development so you may want to suggest your ideas to the developer, maybe he will implement them :)

5. Offline

Ross Gosling

thanks for the heads up :p

6. Offline

mushroomhostage

wickersty tagging you in case you want to use any of these ideas in your plugin.

7. Offline

Ross Gosling

I've decided I would actually like this plugin so this request is officially un-abandoned :p

8. Offline

wickersty

im looking into it

Ross Gosling likes this.
  9. Offline

Ross Gosling

could you create this plugin then? there's really no other plugins like it at the moment and it could be very popular

10. Offline

XbannisherX

this isnt a idea, you just looked at the vampirism plugin for spout, its the exact same thing

11. Offline

Ross Gosling

can you link me to it maybe someone did my request without telling me

12. Offline

XbannisherX

it requires spout

13. Offline

Ross Gosling

... can you send me a link to it?

14. Offline

XbannisherX

15. Offline