Votifier Listener - Multiple Random Rewards

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by BlackBeltPanda, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Offline

BlackBeltPanda

I run a server called PandaCraft and I'd like a listener for Votifier that would be more likely to get the players on my server to vote. I believe this listener would benefit everyone and could be pretty popular.

Plugin category: Economy

Suggested name: PCVoteReward or VoteReward

What I want: Basically, it needs to reward a player for voting by sending them a random amount of a certain item randomly picked from a list of items, a random amount of money, and a random amount of experience. I'd like it to be able to save users who were offline when they voted in a pending users file and issue the rewards when they log in. I'd also like a reminder and top-voter feature. Here's some details and an example config:

*Award random items from list.
    -Format
    -(Item Name/ID),(Min Quant.),(Max Quant.)

*Award random money amount. Use Vault.

*Award random exp. amount

*Pending list of offline voters
    -Awards items on login

*Vote Reminder
    -If user hasn't voted within "X" hours after last vote, remind them to vote.

*Config file:
    ItemAmt: (Number of items to pick from the list. Allows for multiple item rewards.)
    Items:
    -Item1 (ex. - Diamond, 2, 6)
    -Item2 (ex. - TNT, 8, 17)
    -Etc.
    Money: (Min),(Max)
    Exp.: (Min),(Max)
    Award if Offline: (True/False)
    Vote Reminder: (True/False)
    Reminder Hours: (X Hours)
    Reminder Message: (Message)
    Run Commands on Vote: (True/False)
    Vote Command:
    -Command1
    -Command2
    -Etc.
    Top Voter: (True/False)
    Top Voter Period: (X Days)
    Top Voter Command:
    -Command1
    -Command2
    -Etc.

Ideas for commands: /reloadlistener

Ideas for permissions: listener.reload

When I'd like it by: ASAP

2. Offline

smsunarto

3. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

smsunarto I summon the great:
    BlackBeltPanda I could make this for you, couple of questions:
    • Can you run commands when somebody votes? ( would make it so easy ) I can live with an no ( I think )
    • Are you okay with just data numbers? names are slightly more difficult
    • Doesn't votifier has an reminder option?

4. Offline

BlackBeltPanda

1. Not sure what you're asking. I'd like the listener to run commands when somebody votes.
    2. ID numbers are fine.
    3. No, Votifier's basically just an API that relays information to the listeners; the listeners handle running functions.

5. Offline

1. Was about making it command based, then I didn't need to hook into votifier
    2. Good to know
    Will start working on this, main functions first:
    • Vote reward
    • Award on login if voted

6. Offline

jacklin213

No need for me to b summoned :p u have this all under control :D

7. Offline

Where did you got summoned? :confused:

8. Offline

jacklin213

thats the point , save the best for last :p jks

timtower likes this.
  9. Offline

LOL

jacklin213 likes this.
  10. Offline

BlackBeltPanda

Awesome =)
    I think getting rewarded with random useful items along with $ and exp. will be a lot more incentive for users to vote. I noticed when players accumulate lots of $ in-game, they no longer feel the need to vote. This should help =D

11. Offline

BlackBeltPanda

Any progress? =D

12. Offline

13. Offline

14. Offline

BlackBeltPanda

Code:
    2013-07-05 10:54:45 [SEVERE] Could not pass event VotifierEvent to VoteLikeMe v0.0.1
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:427)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.TimedRegisteredListener.callEvent(TimedRegisteredListener.java:35)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:477)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:462)
        at com.vexsoftware.votifier.net.VoteReceiver$1.run(VoteReceiver.java:181)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R3.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:53)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R3.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:345)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:513)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.DedicatedServer.r(DedicatedServer.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:477)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:410)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:573)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: [Ljava.lang.Object; cannot be cast to [Ljava.lang.String;
        at nl.timdebrouwer.votelikeme.VoteLikeMe.reward(VoteLikeMe.java:88)
        at nl.timdebrouwer.votelikeme.VoteLikeMe.onVote(VoteLikeMe.java:56)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:425)
        ... 12 more

15. Offline

BlackBeltPanda

16. Offline

BlackBeltPanda was gone for the weekend, wil fix when I am on my pc

17. Offline

BlackBeltPanda

Awesome, thanks. =)

18. Offline

19. Offline

BlackBeltPanda

Code:
    2013-07-07 18:36:05 [SEVERE] Could not pass event VotifierEvent to VoteLikeMe v0.0.2
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:427)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.TimedRegisteredListener.callEvent(TimedRegisteredListener.java:35)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:477)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:462)
        at com.vexsoftware.votifier.net.VoteReceiver$1.run(VoteReceiver.java:181)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R3.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:53)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R3.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:345)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:513)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.DedicatedServer.r(DedicatedServer.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:477)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:410)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R3.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:573)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive
        at java.util.Random.nextInt(Random.java:300)
        at nl.timdebrouwer.votelikeme.VoteLikeMe.reward(VoteLikeMe.java:89)
        at nl.timdebrouwer.votelikeme.VoteLikeMe.onVote(VoteLikeMe.java:58)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:425)
        ... 12 more

20. Offline

Retherz_

21. Offline

BlackBeltPanda

22. Offline

Retherz_

It does, if you config it

23. Offline

BlackBeltPanda

I already checked the config; there's no option for specifying random numbers of a list of items to award the player. The config only lets you specify specific commands to run.

24. Offline

Retherz_

Here is a part of the config:
    Code:

#    100:
    #      broadcast: '{AQUA}{username} {GOLD}was {AQUA}super lucky {GOLD}and received an {AQUA}extra $5000!'
    #      playermessage: '{AQUA}You were super lucky and received an extra $5000!'
    #      commands:
    #        - '/eco give {username} 5000'
    #
    #  The above examples would give a 1 in 50 chance of a voter receiving an extra $1000, and a 1 in 100 chance of $5000
    #  If you do not use essentials economy, the command(s) can be modified to suit whichever economy you  

25. Offline

And where is the random part?

BlackBeltPanda I am trying to fix it for you ( don't need help, small problems )

26. Offline

Retherz_

If you put multiple with the same chance, it will be random

27. Offline

BlackBeltPanda Think that I fixed everything, make sure to change the commands before using it on the server! Unless you want players to get kicked XD

28. Offline

BlackBeltPanda

It doesn't limit to only one item, though. It will give as many as are randomly selected.

29. Offline

Could you post your config file?
    EDIT: Isn't that what you wanted?

30. Offline