Way to make logs public?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by MrBubblez98, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MrBubblez98

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums, so please correct me if this is in the wrong section.

I'm Admin on a small sized server (5-20 people average). The owner, for obvious reasons, is the only one who has access to the server files, and this also means that only she is able to check the logs for any reason that may arise. The problem is, she is not always available to check the logs and make sure all things are in order. This can pose a problem if something were to come up, and she is not able to be reached.

What I'm asking is if there is a way to allow logs to be checked by select users, as specified by the owner. Is it dependent on the server host? Is there a plugin for this? Can it only be done by giving access to server files? Any feedback / help is much appreciated.

Michael

2. Offline

LordDarthBob

MrBubblez98
    This would be as annoying as *censored words* to deal with ingame via a plugin, as a command line interface such as the Minecraft chat would not be user friendly or nice for viewing a huge log even if such a plugin did exist. You would need to set up something called a VPN connection to the computer which has the log, which basically allows you to open up the remote computer's desktop on another computer and mess with it as if you were sitting in front of the computer with the log. These are generally password protected, so security isn't a huge concern.

3. Offline

Plo124

MrBubblez98
    if you like I might be able to make you a plugin to retrieve the log files and put tjem into your dropbox account (with your permission, of course)

4. Offline

MrBubblez98

Okay, thanks for the replies.

LordDarthBob Since the server is dedicated, wouldn't it be easier if I was just given access to the server files?

Plo124 Nah, I'll find another way. Thanks for the offer, tho!

5. Offline

LordDarthBob

MrBubblez98
    Well, I run a server from home, so it's easy for me to install a VPN client. I have no experience with rental servers. My advice is to contact the server host.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.