WE NEED A BLOOD PLUG PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by clitcomander, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Offline

clitcomander

Im willing to pay for the development of a server plug in that allows for your mobs of all kinds to bleed when damaged. IS there anyone talented with drive and a desire to make this plug in come to life?

2. Offline

escape

1. It turns out "blood" can look astonishingly like "butt" at first glance.
    2. I suggest reading this and take it into consideration in regards to your request.

3. Offline

zhuowei

Maybe when a mob is damaged, some items that look like blood (eg Redstone) spawn with a special metadata value which is used to ensure that they cannot be picked up.

4. Offline

Everdras

Could work, would just need to remove the blocks as soon as they hit the ground to prevent them from lagging the server or the client.

5. Offline

zhuowei

Here's a proof of concept. The plugin is in the zipped file as hemoglobin,jar. Currently mobs spawns redstone when damaged, which despawn when a player try to pick them up.
    The source code is included; place the bukkit jar in the lib folder then run ant to build.

Here's version 1.1, with configurable block drops.
    Configuration file:
    material: the material blood is represented with
    metadata: the special label metadata. (You probably do not need to change this)
    multiplier: for every 1/2 heart of damage, spawn this number of blocks. eg 4 = for 1/2 hearts of damage, spawn 4 blood particles

Version 1.2! This should be a good stable version.
    new configuration options:
    pickuptoremove: whether walking over the blood items will cause them to disappear
    delay: Approximate delay before despawning the item, in ticks.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  6. Offline

clitcomander

LOVE the name im going to have to get this tested out right away, if i can. appreciate the undertaking, will donate when its finished and if i like it.thanks again.

7. Offline

zhuowei

I just tested the plugin again and found that a delay of 50 seems to be a better choice than my original default of 300.

8. Offline

Face

I wonder if it would be possible to add the "red sparkle" given off by redstone ore, when a mob takes damage...?

9. Offline

Jaker232

Wowow, I was about to start developing it. WHY DOES EVERYONE TAKE WHAT I WANT TO DEVELOP? D:

OptimusAlive likes this.
  10. Offline

zhuowei

Sorry. You could probably make a much better one than this plugin, though.

11. Offline

matthayez011

maybe have red wool come out as well as redstone

12. Offline

zhuowei

Red wool uses its damage values to determine the color, and Hemoglobin identifies the "blood" drops by the damage values, so there might be some conflict.

13. Offline

Perdog

14. Offline

clitcomander

15. Offline

razoreqx

haha.. I read this and about pissed myself!

16. Offline

clitcomander

OK I TESTED THIS EXTENSIVLY. with 4 people allll day long, and found these issues
    one please add config folder or dial the items dropped down a lil, and make the bones come out when dies only please god please!
    add configfolder of some sort to the plug in, this worked very very well on ym server, we all loved it
    EXCEPT FOR THE CREEPER. please either make creeper NOT bleed or stop the red wool from being blown itno a gatehrable item, cuz peple are gonna try and wool harvest with creepers.

and when you have around 10 people standing in the same area smashing each other face in really fast with pvp off......the crazy amount of items kinda lagged the server, and made, broken pipe errors, and a few others pop up lots.

if there is ever a config folder added ill always use this.

17. Offline

snowleo

Updated the plugin to fix the requested changes.

18. Offline

clitcomander

omg, ok i need to get your updated version then. your the best, i highly respect your talent.

can you elaborate on this, like if i change anything??
    "# Be careful, if you change anything, it can break your server.

# You have been warned!"

OMFG YOU JUST MADE ME AND MY MEMBERS NERDGASM!
    I mean you fixed everything AND made the creeper bleed green with GP. YOUR A GOD. IF you ever need a server to play on and have friends let me know, this is us
    http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/project-clanilla/

and as a thanks i would in turn donate to you making you a iron donator.