Weird Chest Problems

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Chaositic, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Chaositic

I've been running my server for quite some time and I've never really had problems and when I did, I could usually remove the problem by editing a config file for a specific plugin.

Basically, when non-op players place a chest, they can't open it nor can they destroy it. At first I thought it might be one of the protection plugins I have in place so I disabled them one by one. Still having problems and its only a recent thing that has started to happen. Anyways, plugin list:

AdminCmd
    ButtonLock
    CartJump
    ChatManager
    explosionRevert2.1
    Falsebook(all of them)
    Lockette (tried removing and didn't do anything)
    MCSL
    MobLoot
    ModifyWorld
    NoSuffixedKill
    OpChatPlugin1.2
    Permissions
    PermissionsEx (added this after the problem appeared to try and fix building rights)
    PorteCoulissante
    PreciousStones
    Ptweaks
    RollingMinecarts
    SpawnBed
    TradeCraft
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard
    WorldPortal

Running Windows 7 32bit, Bukkit 1185

I'm also not getting any errors in chat or console. I've removed WorldGuard, WorldEdit, PreciousStones, Lockette and played with several config options of almost all plugins. For whatever reason, they can place chests and destroy other blocks no problem. I've set myself as Default using PermissionsEx and de-opped myself. I also cannot open and destroy my own chests.

Hopefully someone has an idea of what I can try next as it does affect brand new players joining my server :(

Edit: I gave default the '*' permission and it let me open and destroy chests so I'm thinking there is a permission node I'm just missing.

2. Offline

Chaositic

I've figured out the problem.

Having Lockette and ButtonLock at the same time causes a weird glitch where you can't open chests even with permission nodes from both. I removed ButtonLock and this was fixed. Hopefully this helps someone who ever has the same problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.