Weird symbols in my MOTD

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by xxmarijnw, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xxmarijnw

Hello fellow "bukkiters?"

I've got a big problem with my server my motd shows weird symbols. I use this for colors: /u00**
    Do i do anything wrong? I don't use any plugins for my MOTD this is the line i typed: \u00C2\u00A7d\u00C2\u00A7kiii\u00C2\u00A7r\u00C2\u00A76\u00C2\u00A7lOPEN-MINERS 1.7.4\u00C2\u00A7d\u00C2\u00A7kiii\u00C2\u00A7r

Thank you, xxmarijnw

2. Offline

MrGhetto

Can you screenshot what it looks like? And also what you set it to be.

3. Offline

Electro440

4. Offline

Electro440

Does anyone know anything about this problem? Thanks... I really would like to get rid of it.

5. Offline

Gamecube762

Electro440 This thread is about xxmarijnw 's problem, you can join in the ride and see how it relates, but this thread will only follow the OP's problem. You can always create your own thread, but I suggest waiting to see if this thread answers your problem too.

xxmarijnw Mind posting your plugins list? It could either be how your MOTD manager is handling the symbols, a typo in the symbols or your Texturepack's Font.

6. This is format of the motd in server properties. If you want something more clear and better use this plugin:
    AdvancedMotd

7. Offline

Electro440

Gamecube762 I didn't want to create another thread, as this one is clearly already here. I'm assuming that 'weird symbols' is the same problem that I have. I don't think there are many different 'weird symbols' that can be put into a motd without you setting it.

xDizasterCYx I don't see why I'd have to install a plugin for this. Color codes have never caused a problem before.

xxmarijnw Sorry if I have taken over your thread, or if we have different problems.

8. Offline

xxmarijnw

There are my plugins: http://pastebin.com/65nMjrUf

xxmarijnw Sorry if I have taken over your thread, or if we have different problems.[/quote]

That doesn't matter at all :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  9. Offline

Electro440

xxmarijnw

10. Offline

xxmarijnw

Yes we do :D And we even have the same texturepack :p

11. Offline

LHammonds

You are NOT using the right codes...that's why.

\u00C2 = ? (this looks like an "A" character with a curve over the top)
    \u00A7d = Pink
    \u00A7k = Magic characters
    \u00A7r = Reset format codes to default
    \u00A76 = Orange/Gold
    \u00A7l = bold

Remove \u00C2 and your funky characters will go away.

My MOTD tag works perfectly. Here is how I have mine defined:

Code:
    motd=\u00A7c\u00A7lHamCraft \u00A7r\u00A79v0.9.0\n\u00A7r\u00A7a|\u00A7c\u00A7k88\u00A7r\u00A7a| \u00A7lFactions,PvP,NoPvP,Parkour,Minigames \u00A7r\u00A7a|\u00A7c\u00A7k88\u00A7r\u00A7a|
    LHammonds

12. Offline

xxmarijnw

Thank you man! It worked!

13. Electro440

it isn't necessary, it's just for better results :)
    this plugin has many features about the motd.

14. Offline

Electro440

Alright, thanks. Maybe I'll try it out :)

LHammonds Thank you so much. Those were the symbols that were showing up for me... an A with a curve on top. I will remove that code from my MotD now, thanks again :)

xDizasterCYx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.