weird

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by PizzaPixel, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PizzaPixel

I installed The moreProjectile Lib then i Used it for a plugin but when i start my server this comes up
    [JFF] Plugin JFF v1.0 has failed to register events for class jff.lol.Jff because com/stirante/MoreProjectiles/event/CustomProjectileHitEvent does not exist.

2. Offline

mazentheamazin

PizzaPixel
    You're referencing an event that does not exist (i.e The lib that you utilized is not installed on the server).

3. Offline

stink123456

Just install the jar in your server and it should be fixed, if not, please reply.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Heroes of exorath, best game ever!

4. Offline

PizzaPixel

mazentheamazin how do I do that if the lib doesn't have a plugin.yml?

stink123456
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  5. Offline

stink123456

Create your own one for it and add it to the jar. Main class should be named after the plugin or just Main. But why wouldn't the lib not have a plugin.yml?

6. Offline

PizzaPixel

stink123456 the main class is called main and I don't know why it doesn't have a plugin.yml

stink123456 It doesnt let me put the Lib as a plugin

Its just not working
    I Cant put it in the Bukkit

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2016
  7. Offline

stink123456

Allright then, i hope creating your own one will fix the issue!

=============================================================================

What do you mean?

==============================================================================

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2016
  8. Offline

Gater12

PizzaPixel
    You can copy over the lib's classes (It should include the source said MoreProjectiles thread) to your project and use them instead.

9. Offline

Europia79

PizzaPixel

I'm not entirely sure if you're coding a plugin, or if you've downloaded one that won't work, but hopefully this helps.

There are 3 kinds of libraries:

1. ones that extends JavaPlugin, have a plugin.yml: These just happen to also be plugins. They're supposed to reside in your "/plugins/" folder. These are probably the easiest to use because they're loaded by Bukkit.

2. But not all libraries are bukkit plugins. And they don't have to be. A standard Java Library is just a set of utility classes with a common theme (like a math lib, or database lib). These types of libraries are normally found in the "/lib/" folder. As designated by your manifest.mf file:

3. Some libraries are NOT compiled. These are meant to be copied into your project. You can find some examples of this type here:

http://forums.bukkit.org/forums/resources.60/

If your particular situation falls into case#3, remember to make a unique package name so that it doesn't conflict with other plugins:

Code:java
    1. import jff.lol.com.stirante.MoreProjectiles.event.customProjectileHitEvent;

If you got this library as a JAR and it doesn't have a plugin.yml (like you're describing), then edit your manifest.mf and add it to the Class-Path:

Good Luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.